24 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

This is not how hockey works. Just like adding a scorer doesn't magically raise team scoring. This is just childish simple mindedness. Goaltenders are the only ones that can single-handedly greatly affect the teams performance game in and game out.

Except for this team where good goaltending = losses and bad goaltending = wins :P

I really don't see how Jagr HASN'T greatly affected the team's performance though when he's leading the team in scoring by a mile and we've had a ton of close, low-scoring games.  Especially since he's managed to coax offensive contributions out of guys like Zajac, Ruutu and even Zubrus for a while.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 March 2014 - 09:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

This is not how hockey works. Just like adding a scorer doesn't magically raise team scoring. This is just childish simple mindedness. Goaltenders are the only ones that can single-handedly greatly affect the teams performance game in and game out.

Add so why did you quote me?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

I'm not afraid of anyone.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#24 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Except for this team where good goaltending = losses and bad goaltending = wins :P

I really don't see how Jagr HASN'T greatly affected the team's performance though when he's leading the team in scoring by a mile and we've had a ton of close, low-scoring games.  Especially since he's managed to coax offensive contributions out of guys like Zajac, Ruutu and even Zubrus for a while.

FYI jagr is not leading the team in scoring by a "mile" im pretty sure he is actually currently tied for most goals with henrique at 21
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Jagr - 57 points, Elias - 42 (though he has played far fewer games), Henrique 38.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users