157 replies to this topic

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

You might have received that email in error.

But I would think that only a big market team that sells out every game and has a waiting list for season tickets can pull something like this. They should be happy someone wants to be a season ticket holder in a small market.

I was labeled as broker last season during the lockout. The new schedule didn't work for me and I had to sell the majority of games but I wanted to keep my seats because I love them and the people around me.

They probably just didn't take me off the list for this year.

#22 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

If you got the letter in error, there is no reason to go apesh!t on them.  Just tell them that they made a mistake.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#23 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I have been traveling a lot this year and have sold a bunch of games.. getting that letter would really pvss me off. They are your tickets to do as you please. This is outrageous.

Where did you sell your tickets? I sold my 3 games on Stubhub but that's because Stubhub gets more traffic, if I just sold them on the ticket exchange I would have ended up eating the money but the Devils clearly don't care about that as long as they get theirs.

If you got the letter in error, there is no reason to go apesh!t on them.  Just tell them that they made a mistake.

Doesn't matter because what they are doing is wrong.

#24 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

But why should they make him jump through hoops to keep his account?  And why even have this inane policy in the first place?  I don't know of any other pro sports team that penalizes its sth's for selling online, I'm sure there are some but this ain't exactly the market/fanbase you do it in.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

But why should they make him jump through hoops to keep his account?  And why even have this inane policy in the first place?  I don't know of any other pro sports team that penalizes its sth's for selling online, I'm sure there are some but this ain't exactly the market/fanbase you do it in.

Because $$$$.  The Devils want more of it.

I don't agree with what they're doing, but it's pretty clear why.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#26 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

But why should they make him jump through hoops to keep his account? And why even have this inane policy in the first place? I don't know of any other pro sports team that penalizes its sth's for selling online, I'm sure there are some but this ain't exactly the market/fanbase you do it in.

get used to it because unfortunately for the average fan it's coming- the Yankees are starting this season by not accepting printed tickets at the stadium gate, only the actual hard original ticket will get you into the game. This is 100% to force sellers to buy directly from the team or through the team sponsored ticket exchange.

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

This is where the phrase penny-wise and pound foolish applies.

Sure they might get a few more bucks on the secondary market in the short term but they'll wind up losing/alienating far more sth's in the process - that's a ton of lost revenue in ticket sales, concessions, parking - and this isn't exactly Minnesota or Vancouver where you can **** off thousands of people and have thousands more waiting to buy tickets...

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 March 2014 - 03:24 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

get used to it because unfortunately for the average fan it's coming- the Yankees are starting this season by not accepting printed tickets at the stadium gate, only the actual hard original ticket will get you into the game. This is 100% to force sellers to buy directly from the team or through the team sponsored ticket exchange.

Yeah god forbid these a$$holes have any competition.

#29 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

And disabling barcodes next season? So they're penalizing people for selling on their own secondary market?! That's rich. Or are they just doing it for StubHub sales (more likely)?

Stubhub is the number one enemy to a lot of venues.  It's actually funny.  The Yankees a few years ago was actually promoting SH during their games.  Just a couple of years later, they ended up suing SH and pretty much blacklisted them.  

It would be akin to going to Home Depot, buying 20 drills for $100 each, and then selling them in your own store for $150.  As a former employee of HD, I know for a fact that we've caught and stopped people from doing this.

Yeah uh, stupid question but how would they know if you're not the one using the tickets?

Do the Devils get a cut of the sales through that NHL Ticket Exchange?  Because if they do, I can see why they're trying to force StubHub out of the equation.

Yes the team does get a cut off all TE sales.  Actually I think the league as a whole does.

I have been traveling a lot this year and have sold a bunch of games.. getting that letter would really pvss me off. They are your tickets to do as you please. This is outrageous.

I don't believe it's that simple.  Otherwise, why would this be such an issue?

It's unfortunate this is what businesses have to stoop to- I'm sure all of these owners are free market proponents when the government tries to limit their opportunities, but when it's a fan just trying to get in the door to support a team that he bleeds red for, all of a sudden we need to regulate the market to maximize profit.

If a lot of tickets are being re-sold on stubhub the only thing the organization should take away is that their tickets are overpriced. Bring your price down to what the market demands and you won't have this problem.

I agree prices are too high.

They won't sell lowers for in the $30's and uppers for $10-$15 for midweek games vs sh!t opponents

That is what the MARKET commands

That guy Eric is a complete tool, and this is his initiative

The sooner the team gets rid of this asshat, the better

Yesterday wouldn't have been soon enough

A lot of STH's love Eric.  He's willing to give you deals if you speak to him enough.

I was labeled as broker last season during the lockout. The new schedule didn't work for me and I had to sell the majority of games but I wanted to keep my seats because I love them and the people around me.

They probably just didn't take me off the list for this year.

I luckily made it to 15 games last year out of my 24.  I hope they understand with the way the schedule was last year that it was very difficult for people to make it to every game.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#30 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Doesn't matter because what they are doing is wrong.

That is debatable.  They imo have a very valid reason for doing this.

I guarantee you that just about every sports franchise has a similar policy in place.

I can't blame them for doing it either.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#31 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

That is debatable.  They imo have a very valid reason for doing this.

I guarantee you that just about every sports franchise has a similar policy in place.

I can't blame them for doing it either.

The Rangers don't do this, neither do the Knicks, Jets, Giants, Mets, Nets. The Yankees are ignorant about their pricing and that's why less and less people are showing up there as well.

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,107 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Ok, name them. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#33 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

This team really makes it hard to be a season ticket holder sometimes. Is there some huge market for brokered Devils tickets that we don't know about that makes a policy like this necessary? A lot of clamoring for a big mid-week matchup against Ottawa?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#34 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

It's getting to the point where it wouldn't shock me if the Devils started checking ID at the door to make sure it's you using your tickets.

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

It's getting to the point where it wouldn't shock me if the Devils started checking ID at the door to make sure it's you using your tickets.

Don't joke about that as I really do see that coming.

Already the Devils is the only arena/stadium I have been to in the last few years where the guards grope and wand you before going it.  It's like being at the friggin airport.

#36 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Don't joke about that as I really do see that coming.

Already the Devils is the only arena/stadium I have been to in the last few years where the guards grope and wand you before going it.  It's like being at the friggin airport.

Who said I was kidding?  They're basically two steps short of that now with the time and resources they spend tracking the secondary market to see who sells what ticket.

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

That is absolute garbage. I'd be fvcking tearing the walls down if I were a season ticket holder.

When you pay for the seats with YOUR hard-earned money, they should always be YOURS to do with what you want. Absolute horsesh!t.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#38 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

wow.. just wow.. thats balls right there .. that doesnt seem professional at all if iam a season ticket holder and i want to sell my tickets who are you to tell me i cant after i already fronted up the money for these games in advance?!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#39 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

I hate so damn much how non-hockey operations are run with this organization. Its gotten far worse under new ownership, too. This proves the front office doesnt know this market or this fan base whatsoever. Its clear theyre simply all about the $, and nothing else. 

Edited by devlman, 13 March 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#40 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

If I was a STH, I would call and rip the Devils a new one, whether this applied to me or not. Its the principal, and its a horsesh!t policy.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users