154 replies to this topic

#121 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

I have to imagine that Schneider's confidence is shot right now. Horrible time for a slump. Really sucks that 2 of the most defensively sound players on the team had horrible turnovers that left him out to dry. I like how everyone in the thread is acting like Fayne is Kurtis Foster now. You know, sometimes good players make bad plays...look at Elias tonight.

Michael Ryder has now gone 21 games without a goal, awesome.

Typical...crapping out when they can win three in a row.  Crapping out when they have a chance to get back in the top eight.  And crapping out with Cory in net.  I swear this team is like a bad version of Groundhog Day.

Pretty much sums it up. I don't think I've ever disliked a Devils team as much as this one.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#122 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

theres still a small chance they can get things together, but a loss tomorrow all but eliminates it.

start marty for the rest

#123 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Damn, Schneider has completely fallen off since the break. It hurts even more considering that if he just kept playing like he was, we'd easily be a playoff team right now.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#124 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

3-1 lead.

Fayne with a moronic turnover for 3-3.

Schneider with a Schneider Classic for 4-3.

Game set match season. over.

Don't forget that nice rebound on a Gomez shot that went back to Gomez who passed it to an open shooter because our D was all clusterfvcked to lead to 3-2.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#125 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

didn't everyone want fayne to play all this time?

Everyone wanted Cory to play too.  They're (the team) pretty much all chokers and losers.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 March 2014 - 09:28 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#126 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Worst loss of the season.

Get ready to see lots of Marty. And I don't hate it.

Ehhhh that yankee stadium game still hurts 7x more..lol

#127 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Ah, so I get the gist that we just plain sucked. Good to hear. I don't want to say, "Tommmorow = season" but it's getting ever closer to that.

The season was tonight.  There's no way in hell they're winning tomorrow after the spectacular way we blew this.  People can say Marty magic will take over but Marty was in net LAST year when we blew back-to-back games in Florida.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#128 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

this is a game where if marty was in net we'd likely see the same result but we'd have 20 pages (with me leading the charge) of wanting him william wallaced.

it sucks that cory has sh!t the bed since the olympics but it is what it is. marty has not been all that great either but he's winning and at this point, it is all about how many and not how.

marty's playing until he loses at this point and i can't entirely argue against it. sure you want schneider to be given the chance to get his mojo back quickly but the devils can afford about 4 or 5 more games this season where they do not get 2 points if they want to make the playoffs. for a team that has won 3 games in a row once this year, they need at least one 5 game win streak or they are done.

and yeah - ryder. i mean, you can't do anything but just continue to throw him out there and hope you strike lighting but he is of immense negative value the last 2 months.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#129 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Ehhhh that yankee stadium game still hurts 7x more..lol

That was just a sideshow...this was actually the worst loss of the season. Worse even than the Columbus and Edmonton disasters and that's saying something.  At least those games were early in the season.

this is a game where if marty was in net we'd likely see the same result but we'd have 20 pages (with me leading the charge) of wanting him william wallaced.

it sucks that cory has sh!t the bed since the olympics but it is what it is. marty has not been all that great either but he's winning and at this point, it is all about how many and not how.

marty's playing until he loses at this point and i can't entirely argue against it. sure you want schneider to be given the chance to get his mojo back quickly but the devils can afford about 4 or 5 more games this season where they do not get 2 points if they want to make the playoffs. for a team that has won 3 games in a row once this year, they need at least one 5 game win streak or they are done.

and yeah - ryder. i mean, you can't do anything but just continue to throw him out there and hope you strike lighting but he is of immense negative value the last 2 months.

If Marty was in net we would have held the lead...it's become that kind of season right now where Cory's become a bad luck charm.

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

I didn't see it. I'm glad I didn't. I didn't need to see it to know that I've seen the same game a thousand times the last two years. This is the hallmark of a mediocre to below average team- they lose games like this to teams like Florida who they really have no business losing to, in all honesty. Games like tonight are why this team isn't making, nor deserves to make the playoffs.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#131 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Heaven forbid DoucheBoer sits a veteran and sends a message.  Basically one third of the season-to-date without a goal.  Ridiculous.

#132 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

This. Nicely said.

lol.

#133 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

I didn't see it. I'm glad I didn't. I didn't need to see it to know that I've seen the same game a thousand times the last two years. This is the hallmark of a mediocre to below average team- they lose games like this to teams like Florida who they really have no business losing to, in all honesty. Games like tonight are why this team isn't making, nor deserves to make the playoffs.

this

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#134 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

Good news though: Washington, the Rangers, and Detroit all won!!!!! Oh wait..... :doh1:

#135 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,136 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

This is the death blow for the team. Not enough games left. They are too weak, fragile, and are chokers. The season is over

and again a major collapse in Florida. Just like last year. You're up 3-1 on a DEAD CORPSE FULL OF CRAP. You let up 9 SHOTS OVER THE LAST TWO PERIODS.

And they score 3 times and add an empty netter for good measure

Good news though: Washington, the Rangers, and Detroit all won!!!!! Oh wait..... :doh1:

that's all that ever fvcking happens. Seems like 1 day a week the games go our way, the other 6 days NOTHING goes our way

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#136 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,501 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

I was this close to turning the game off during that sh*t show of a first period.  I really wish I had.  I know I ain't watching the next two games.  I'm only bothering to go Thursday cause it's my friend's birthday game and Saturday well there's always the chance we play spoiler though I can't exactly expect much out of this gong show of a team.

#137 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Now we have to beat Boston on the 18th. sh!t.

#138 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

did somebody say steak?

Posted Image

#139 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

did somebody say steak?

is this a deuce bigelow reference?

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#140 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,139 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

Missed the game (so happy I did), so can't comment, but looks like Schneider is struggling. I bet it be hard to find a streak this poorly in his entire career and at the wrong time. He said all the right things, but the results need to be there.

Usual frustration here and on twitter. I really think the only guy that should be sh!tted on is Ryder. Not that we are paying him a ton, but 20+ games is pretty inexcusable. But offense also hasn't been the problem for this team since the break either.

People keep calling this the most unlikeable Devils team ever, but I won't go that far at all. It's just a very average team. Pretty sure this is what we knew going in.

Well, no one has been more outspoken about the goalie situation than me on this board, but I also didn't sign up for this Cory. The team seems to get the wins with Marty, so we are going to need him. If the team has to go back to Cory soon, that pretty much means the season is over. Here's hoping he shuts up all the haters (me especially) and gives the Devils some very good goaltending down the stretch.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users