Posted Image

#102 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I'm not going to worry about tonight's game or get to worked up about the rest of the season. It helps that my standards were never very high. But I don't even want to think about next year either. Really not sure how this team gets better offensively.

UFA signings and pray Jagr and Elias dont fall off a cliff? 

#103 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

All home games against Boston, Minnesota, Rangers, Toronto and Phoenix up next.  All with better records than NJ.

If they can win two of the five, I'll be utterly shocked.

#104 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Zidlicky was a -6 this weekend! 

^ New avatar...coming soon...

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#105 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

All home games against Boston, Minnesota, Rangers, Toronto and Phoenix up next.  All with better records than NJ.

If they can win two of the five, I'll be utterly shocked.

They're going to need 7+ points in those games to get back on track after this weekend. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#106 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

This team don't score without Gelinas in the lineup. Certainly not on the power play.

Sit Fayne and make the call up.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#107 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

The Devils are eliminated

Anybody who watched last nights game knew their psyches were crushed and they had no chance of winning tonight. This is one of those unmeasurable aspects of the game where no corsiwick stuff can detect. A broken spirit.

What's going to happen is a replay of last season. The Devils have 14 games left. They will now proceed to lose every single one until they are eliminated (which will be very soon) then they will win a few games late. The Devils will win maybe 3 more games this year and finish with 77 points...and we'll all laugh at how we were thinking they had a chance at 91 or 92

this team is roadkill. better off forfeit the rest of the season at this point.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#108 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

The Devils are eliminated

Anybody who watched last nights game knew their psyches were crushed and they had no chance of winning tonight. This is one of those unmeasurable aspects of the game where no corsiwick stuff can detect. A broken spirit.

What's going to happen is a replay of last season. The Devils have 14 games left. They will now proceed to lose every single one until they are eliminated (which will be very soon) then they will win a few games late. The Devils will win maybe 3 more games this year and finish with 77 points...and we'll all laugh at how we were thinking they had a chance at 91 or 92

this team is roadkill. better off forfeit the rest of the season at this point.

lol corsiwick, I might use that.

I don't think it'll be that bad a finish...you're probably right we'll lose the majority of games till we're eliminated but I still think we win just enough to make people ***** about the shootout losses, as if this team was any good anyway.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#109 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

lol corsiwick, I might use that.

I don't think it'll be that bad a finish...you're probably right we'll lose the majority of games till we're eliminated but I still think we win just enough to make people ***** about the shootout losses, as if this team was any good anyway.

a tease would be worse. I say let the bottom fall out and let Lou get a good look at choker peter, our chokes in florida in 2012 and now 2013. All this team does is blow leads. He's not a winning coach, he's a goofy looking Randy Quaid that nobody respects. And his bizarre methods and favoritism confuse everyone

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#110 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Merrill was atrocious. So were the officials. Im glad i dont have to watch this team anymore

#111 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

a tease would be worse. I say let the bottom fall out and let Lou get a good look at choker peter, our chokes in florida in 2012 and now 2013. All this team does is blow leads. He's not a winning coach, he's a goofy looking Randy Quaid that nobody respects. And his bizarre methods and favoritism confuse everyone

Yeah, i agree that i'd rather see the bottom fall out any game now, if not already. If they go on some tease of a run and fall just short. knowing Lamoriello, that would give him an excuse to buy into this roster and some players a bit longer. Plus, you'll get the senile quotes about belief and character or some sh!t that hides the lack of talent and coaching flaws this team suffers from.

#112 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

No I just meant they'd win a bunch of games down the stretch after they get realistically eliminated to make it look better than it really was, especially with this weak schedule that supposedly we're going to take advantage of any day now.  I think there won't be any tease per se...for all intents and purposes last night eliminated them.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#113 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Are people really going to stop watching this team because they are likely not going to make it? Come on guys, I think we're better than this

#114 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

I just shake my head, and say to myself, what the hell happened to my Devils these past couples years !

.........  :doh1:

3308166.jpeg

#115 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

They lost this game when they gave up the 3-1 lead against the Cats.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#116 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Are people really going to stop watching this team because they are likely not going to make it? Come on guys, I think we're better than this

This team just isn't enjoyable to watch quite honestly.  They were more enjoyable to watch when they were twenty points out in January three years ago.  Every game is one of two versions of the same game with this team - either get out to a multi-goal lead and blow it, or completely no-showing a game they shouldn't no-show in.  Not only that but there's no future with the team in evidence with Gelly in the press box, Larsson in Albany, playing a 41-year old goalie in a futile playoff push and having an old, slow forward core.

Four home games next week and I'm glad I sold two off.  I can't get out of going Thursday and the other one I'm going to is the Ranger game.  I'm going to hope against hope we can play spoiler in that game but other than that, I wish we had another Olympic break :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 March 2014 - 10:19 PM.

#117 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

That Ranger game is going to be hideous. Coming off 4 straight losses. Tons of Rag fans in the building taunting whatever goalie will be in net. I would sell that one off too.

I would go to retro night and FU Zackapalooza. But the Ranger game is gonna suck

Edited by '7', 15 March 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#118 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'd just cash out of that one too if I wasn't going to be annoyed over contributing to the 55% of Ranger fans that'll make it to the building on a weekend.  Plus I had to miss the one game in October so this'll be my only chance to see them indoors this season :P

And the Wild game I have to go to cause it's a friend's birthday game and a bunch of people I know are going to be there.  That's why I was cringing over Marty possibly being traded there, there's NO way I wanted to be in the building for that but I wouldn't have been able to get out of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 March 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#119 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

This team is depressing. Thank god I didn't watch tonight.

#120 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

And btw having this team's season end two straight years in Florida is giving me unpleasant flashbacks to having the Mets have their season end two years in a row BY Florida...just blow up the state already  :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 March 2014 - 10:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users