140 replies to this topic

#121 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

This team just isn't enjoyable to watch quite honestly.  They were more enjoyable to watch when they were twenty points out in January three years ago.  Every game is one of two versions of the same game with this team - either get out to a multi-goal lead and blow it, or completely no-showing a game they shouldn't no-show in.  Not only that but there's no future with the team in evidence with Gelly in the press box, Larsson in Albany, playing a 41-year old goalie in a futile playoff push and having an old, slow forward core.

Four home games next week and I'm glad I sold two off.  I can't get out of going Thursday and the other one I'm going to is the Ranger game.  I'm going to hope against hope we can play spoiler in that game but other than that, I wish we had another Olympic break :P

Well, the Devils are probably going to miss the playoffs for the 4th time in 20+ years. Shocking that a slow team that has trouble scoring and isn't doing particularly well...isn't enjoyable to watch. No shame in saying that, but there have been a lot of uninteresting boring Devils teams to make the playoffs over the years. Lets not crazy here. The 2010-2011 team was fun when they started winning, but in January it was an awful wreck.

This is exactly why I didn't want Lou to make a move at the deadline. Even though he didn't give up much, I really don't care for two more years of Ruutu at his cap hit or salary. You wait until the off-season, and you can undoubtedly get something better (you probably could have got Ruutu after he was amnestied for a lot less, too)

This team has about 5 players I wouldn't mind amnestying, but we all know which one is going. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#122 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Well, it was a fun run. Now we get to watch this pathetic team play out the rest of this pointless season with Larsson in the minors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#123 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

They started their run in early January in '11...around the 10th.

Yes the Julien team and Sutter's first team were eyesores but winning beats the **** out of losing, entertainment wise.  Maybe now people'll stop *****ing about being boring while winning the way everyone did in the Julien season.  Sutter's '08 team even managed a nine-game winning streak and they were more or less a mediocre group carried by Marty the entire season.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 March 2014 - 10:48 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#124 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

That Ranger game is going to be hideous. Coming off 4 straight losses. Tons of Rag fans in the building taunting whatever goalie will be in net. I would sell that one off too.

I would go to retro night and FU Zackapalooza. But the Ranger game is gonna suck

I'll be at the Zachaplaooza game Thursday. I fully anticipate a Parise hat trick to pile on the giant mountain of sh!t this season has been.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#125 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'll be at the Zachaplaooza game Thursday. I fully anticipate a Parise hat trick to pile on the giant mountain of sh!t this season has been.

Zach will score the tying goal with 2 minutes to go and the winner with 30 seconds left after some dumb fvckup in the defensive zone.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#126 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

THIS is where we stop all of the negativity. We still have 14 games left. Are the next 5 tough? sure, but they CAN do it.

What was the motto of the second half of the season a couple years ago? B-E-L-I-E-V-E. That is what needs to happen. Believe in this team, believe what we can win. BELIEVE that we can make it into the playoffs. 

Is it depressing to watch when they lose these games? yes, but you have the endure the bad to cherish the good. 

Did we beat Boston before? Yes. Sure it was fluky, but the team showed then could play against them.

Home vs Minny. Parise is back. Emotions will be high from the fans, and hopefully the team will respond to it. I'm sure Schnieder is sick of losing too. 

Did we beat the Rangers before? Hell yeah. I'm pretty sure Marty will also want some sort of revenge from the Stadium Series game. 

Toronto next. We can play them. The games against them went to the shootout. If we win one of the game before hand, expect some sort of momentum.

Phoenix later. Marty had a horrible game against them, and we probably get a point out of the game if he does not gave up those 2 softies.

This schedule is not impossible. Stop quiting on this team, and support them until the end. Believe in them. We are due for some sort of winning streak, and why not start it Tuesday? 

#127 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

THIS is where we stop all of the negativity. We still have 14 games left. Are the next 5 tough? sure, but they CAN do it.

What was the motto of the second half of the season a couple years ago? B-E-L-I-E-V-E. That is what needs to happen. Believe in this team, believe what we can win. BELIEVE that we can make it into the playoffs. 

Is it depressing to watch when they lose these games? yes, but you have the endure the bad to cherish the good. 

Did we beat Boston before? Yes. Sure it was fluky, but the team showed then could play against them.

Home vs Minny. Parise is back. Emotions will be high from the fans, and hopefully the team will respond to it. I'm sure Schnieder is sick of losing too. 

Did we beat the Rangers before? Hell yeah. I'm pretty sure Marty will also want some sort of revenge from the Stadium Series game. 

Toronto next. We can play them. The games against them went to the shootout. If we win one of the game before hand, expect some sort of momentum.

Phoenix later. Marty had a horrible game against them, and we probably get a point out of the game if he does not gave up those 2 softies.

This schedule is not impossible. Stop quiting on this team, and support them until the end. Believe in them. We are due for some sort of winning streak, and why not start it Tuesday? 

That's nice but, this team has been sh!t on by the hockey gods since the Henrique OT goal and the sh!tting will continue this season

We will be lucky to win 1 of the next 5.

The season is over, the Devils are finished

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#128 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

Are people really going to stop watching this team because they are likely not going to make it? Come on guys, I think we're better than this

I'll keep watching.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.  This is one of the few don't seasons.  I wish they would let the Albany guys have ice time.  Let them learn and make mistakes, which they will, when officially eliminated.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#129 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

Glad i was out and didnt watch the game but we clearly arent playoff bound this year. If we just won a few shootouts we would be in but oh well, guess well wait for next year. Still unlike some i will watch till the last game and for those that wont you arent real fans
would love to see salvador and pete dumbass gone by next season, and larson perminently in the nhl

Edited by bobilly45, 16 March 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#130 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'm not ready to say this season is over, but it's really time to let Josefson have a full time position now. It seems that there is no one else on the team that has both speed and creativity. He had very limited ice time tonight, but he brings an energy that no one else can at this point. 

Surely he can't be worse than Bernier, Ryder, etc. lately.

#131 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

4 points back, 14 games left, teams to jump over...nah. Not gonna happen, unless they win five straight at home or somesuch.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#132 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:46 AM

Uck. The only thing that could be worse than that is if the next game the Rangers scored 10 goals, retired Jeff Beukeboom's jersey during the first intermission, and then made Gionta scrub the floors of MSG during the second.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#133 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

we look shot. no forcheck, no cycling, lost puck battles. our passes constantly getting deflected . ryder, clowe looking slow (at least clowe was hitting people) elias and jagr looking OLD,

our older D-men not being able to stay with the quicker youth in the nhl.  merrill, brunner looking lost at times, the CBGB line a distant memory actually though JJ looked good but he always does except in the boxscore

things may get worse before better

#134 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Is anyone really surprised this team is where they are now ?

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#135 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

This team isn't in a bad position I feel.  We ran into a very hot team in Tampa, not to mention Cooper has done a pretty phenomenal job with the team.  Marty had some fantastic saves in the 1st and 2nd period.  He absolutely robbed Stamkos in the 2nd. Was I entertained? Yeah, I watched that save multiple times.  Tampa's secondary scorers came through for them in the 3rd period.  These things happen, or none of you watch a lot of hockey.  Are you all fairweather fans?  Yeah, that seems to be the only conclusion I can come to.  I have little to no respect for any of you as fans and don't want to hear a thing from any of you when we make playoffs.  Yeah, I said when and not if.  +1 to snartly, keep the positive vibes flowing my brother.  There are positives to take from everything, most of you on this FAN forum refuse to see any. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#136 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

This team is toast. It's shown it's still has serious issues that need to be addressed. The defensive play to me has regressed and gotten worse lately and the scores bear that out. Playing Salvador as much as we have to me merits Deboer getting the axe in and of itself and not considering the rest of his array of horrible decisions and lack of development.

Ryder is such a one dimensional one tool forward I think we actually overpaid. Guy is so slow on his skates and so soft otherwise. I liked the pickup initially but after seeing him this year he can't mesh with anybody anymore unless they drive plays for him. Tells you why he's been off and on four teams in the last five years.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#137 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

This team isn't in a bad position I feel.  We ran into a very hot team in Tampa, not to mention Cooper has done a pretty phenomenal job with the team.  Marty had some fantastic saves in the 1st and 2nd period.  He absolutely robbed Stamkos in the 2nd. Was I entertained? Yeah, I watched that save multiple times.  Tampa's secondary scorers came through for them in the 3rd period.  These things happen, or none of you watch a lot of hockey.  Are you all fairweather fans?  Yeah, that seems to be the only conclusion I can come to.  I have little to no respect for any of you as fans and don't want to hear a thing from any of you when we make playoffs.  Yeah, I said when and not if.  +1 to snartly, keep the positive vibes flowing my brother.  There are positives to take from everything, most of you on this FAN forum refuse to see any. 

You mean the hot Tampa team that was 3-6-2 coming into their game against the Devils, and was coming off a 5-4 win against the Panthers that got a little more interesting at the end than the Lightning would've liked?  That "hot" Tampa team? 

I'm all for not giving up, and I won't until this team is truly out of it, but you've been here long enough to know that GDTs tend to be more about raw emotions more than anything else.  This team just suffered through very difficult back-to-back nights, the first of which involved blowing a lead to a team that's out of it.  I don't blame some fans for feeling beaten right now...the Devils just came up about as small as it gets.   

This team is now 7-7-2 in its last 16 games too, and that's a fair indication of what this team seems to be, punctuated by this Floridian disaster.  They tease, like they did when they won 5 out of 7 coming out of the break.  Then they have a weekend like this.  It's aggravating, because just when it felt like this team was ready to start taking significant steps forward, they took a major one back.  Story of this season, really.  And the last thing they can do is have yet another extended stretch of NHL .500ish hockey if they really want to make the playoffs. 

You can look for positive signs, but it's not fair to ignore the negative ones like they don't exist.  There's a reason why this team is doing just enough to stay in the outskirts of the hunt, but can't seem to get any further.

At least they have a lot of home games remaining on the sched.  They need all the help they can get.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#138 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

I'm not upset because they are exactly where I expected them to be from the beginning of the season. Right on the fringe, maybe they sneak into the playoffs, maybe not.

I don't know the exact shootout loss stats, but I am guessing if we won half of them, we'd be in. I also don't know how many regulation one goal losses we had, but it was a lot. If we had one legit first line 30-35 goal kind of guy, it's probably a whole different year.

#139 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

ah this blows.. all together just pretty disappointed.. kind of expected them to lose yesterday. Or atleast if they were going to lose on of the two back to backs i figured they would win friday and lose to tampa.. they ended up crapping out on both and now along with most of you i feel let down for the rest of the season.. which is kind of weird too because about mid way through i really didnt expect too much out of this group the way that they were playing together.. but oh well it will be another season of us not in the playoffs
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#140 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,180 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

If we miss the playoffs this year that will be 3 out of the past 4 seasons we have missed the playoffs. We could have just as easily been eliminated in game 6 or 7 of the first round against Florida in 2012. If that had happened that's 4 years in a row of missing the playoffs.

I haven't said this before but Lou has to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users