140 replies to this topic

#141 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

You mean the hot Tampa team that was 3-6-2 coming into their game against the Devils, and was coming off a 5-4 win against the Panthers that got a little more interesting at the end than the Lightning would've liked?  That "hot" Tampa team? 

I'm all for not giving up, and I won't until this team is truly out of it, but you've been here long enough to know that GDTs tend to be more about raw emotions more than anything else.  This team just suffered through very difficult back-to-back nights, the first of which involved blowing a lead to a team that's out of it.  I don't blame some fans for feeling beaten right now...the Devils just came up about as small as it gets.   

This team is now 7-7-2 in its last 16 games too, and that's a fair indication of what this team seems to be, punctuated by this Floridian disaster.  They tease, like they did when they won 5 out of 7 coming out of the break.  Then they have a weekend like this.  It's aggravating, because just when it felt like this team was ready to start taking significant steps forward, they took a major one back.  Story of this season, really.  And the last thing they can do is have yet another extended stretch of NHL .500ish hockey if they really want to make the playoffs. 

You can look for positive signs, but it's not fair to ignore the negative ones like they don't exist.  There's a reason why this team is doing just enough to stay in the outskirts of the hunt, but can't seem to get any further.

At least they have a lot of home games remaining on the sched.  They need all the help they can get.

Very fair.  I understand the frustration, don't understand the despair.  I recant saying Tampa was "hot", but you cannot deny that Tampa is IN the playoffs if they were to start today and I can blame that on Jon Cooper and the work he's done there.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users