166 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

because VERY little does leak from lou. the contract offer i discussed wasn't something i read on twitter. it came from inside the devils.

link or it didnt happened. Thats the way it is for everything else. So why not this?

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 March 2014 - 11:25 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Why is everyone REFUSING to believe ANY RUMOURS all the time saying that NOTHING leaks from Lou and that as long TG doesnt report it that it's bullsh!t. But once this "rumour" about that offer popped, everyone is willing to believe it without questions lol oh life haha

Because we are more inclined to believe something from one of our own who has been here a long time and has no reason to make it up then we are to believe @hockeyinsiderrrrr or @REALHOCKEYRUMERZ or whatever other know-nothing Twitter handle comes up with.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

as for his wife, she's from north dakota and had a ton of friends in NJ. it was zach going home, not her.

You're killing me man.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

link or it didnt happened. Thats the way it is for everything else. So why not this?

you don't have to believe it - just like you don't have to believe anything.

look - i'm no better than anyone else. but i'd like to think that being on this board since its inception and being part of the original crew going back 3 sites prior, and the fact that what little "inside" information i get is pretty credible allows me to say, "this is what i've been led to believe by a reliable source" and not have people think that source is the CAA security guard or some bullsh!t twitter account.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#25 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Because we are more inclined to believe something from one of our own who has been here a long time and has no reason to make it up then we are to believe @hockeyinsiderrrrr or @REALHOCKEYRUMERZ or whatever other know-nothing Twitter handle comes up with.

that rumour came from who? i NEVER saw any legit report of this or any report at all actually other than people mentioning it here and trust me i looked.

Its more like people are more inclined to believe what they want to believe than anything else.

www.SterioDesign.com

#26 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

that rumour came from who? i NEVER saw any legit report of this or any report at all actually other than people mentioning it here and trust me i looked.

Its more like people are more inclined to believe what they want to believe than anything else.

Look, now it's a legit rumor:

TotallyRealHockyScoops  @totallyrealhockyscoops  2/25/2012

BREAKING: Parise turned down 7 yrs/ 50 mil from #Devils, will test free agency. #scoop #freeagent #insidernews

Is that really all it takes? If you'd prefer to believe something like that over a guy who has been on this site over a decade and has no reason to make things up, then fine. It's not like Sundstrom is here dropping "inside knowledge" from his "sources" every day. This is one of the very very few things Sundstrom has let leak out. Of course we would more likely believe him or something MSweet says than someone who is looking for Twitter attention.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#27 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

I wish Marty would just shut his fat mouth already. I'm tired of listening to his whiny, me-first diatribes now. Im sure Lou also wont appreciate some of these comments. I'm just sick of him already.

Edited by devlman, 18 March 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#28 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

BREAKING: Parise turned down 7 yrs/ 50 mil from #Devils, will test free agency. #scoop #freeagent #insidernews

Is that really all it takes? If you'd prefer to believe something like that over a guy who has been on this site over a decade and has no reason to make things up, then fine. It's not like Sundstrom is here dropping "inside knowledge" from his "sources" every day. This is one of the very very few things Sundstrom has let leak out. Of course we would more likely believe him or something MSweet says than someone who is looking for Twitter attention.

i would follow that twitter account - sounds like he knows what he's talking about ;)

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#29 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

What twitter source are you even talking about? 

All i said is that people here always shut down ANY rumours saying "as long TG is not reporting it im not buying! Nothing leaks from Lou" and those are because it's stuff that they don't want to believe. But when it's a rumour they want to believe then the TG approbation goes out the window.

Not saying it's bullsh!t what sundstrom is saying, i have my doubts but that's me, just pointing out the double standard on what some people want to believe is quite funny.

www.SterioDesign.com

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Awesome. I'll make sure I boo even louder now.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#31 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,913 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

What twitter source are you even talking about? 

All i said is that people here always shut down ANY rumours saying "as long TG is not reporting it im not buying! Nothing leaks from Lou" and those are because it's stuff that they don't want to believe. But when it's a rumour they want to believe then the TG approbation goes out the window.

Not saying it's bullsh!t what sundstrom is saying, i have my doubts but that's me, just pointing out the double standard on what some people want to believe is quite funny.

No, it's very simple.  People don't believe things leak out from Lou because they generally don't.  And there's no reason at all to believe Twitter people.  There is reason to believe sundstrom because he knows people and is not constantly spouting rumors - he's not starting threads about things he knows, or calling attention to it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#32 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

the one year deal was the devils, not zach. this is widely known. they didn't have the money at the time. parise was ready for a long term contract both of his last two contracts and the devils didn't do it.

I remember that being the speculation at the time but has that been confirmed anywhere within the organization? Just seems that if Parise was really going to sign long term, on two occasions, then he should have easily been signed when it was time. That's horrible asset management if true. He wanted to sign long term twice, and we balked (for whatever reasons)?

#33 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

I remember that being the speculation at the time but has that been confirmed anywhere within the organization? Just seems that if Parise was really going to sign long term, on two occasions, then he should have easily been signed when it was time. That's horrible asset management if true. He wanted to sign long term twice, and we balked (for whatever reasons)?

"confirmed" is kinda hard to pin down but anywhere you read at the time or after zach always said he was willing to go long term. lou has intimated without flat out saying that finances were the reason they didn't do it.

20082719943.png
-

#34 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

"confirmed" is kinda hard to pin down but anywhere you read at the time or after zach always said he was willing to go long term. lou has intimated without flat out saying that finances were the reason they didn't do it.

I always thought the finances played a role in not being able to give him so much money up front.  That seems to be consistent with Lou's comment that the Devils made him a competitive offer in June.

Otherwise, what I think you mentioned was that during the summer he was offered something like 7/49. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#35 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

i have heard that the wife was a reason and whether i believe it or you believe it, i dont spread rumours and i do have an ok legit source.

so you say his parents were in his ear and his wife wasnt, yuuuuuuuuuuuup.

edit: finances; fiance, you get the jist

Edited by lazer, 18 March 2014 - 01:05 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Marty didn't say that, and the article didn't say that. Just an editor trying to make a flashy headline for page clicks.

What Marty and the article says is that there was almost an attempt to try and get Suter to come to NJ. It probably never happened because Suter had no interest.

I guess it's this line that serves as confusing: "Brodeur's take was that Parise was very serious about returning, and that adding Suter, a free agent who'd played for Nashville, was a real possibility, too." But yeah it isn't a very professional lead in to a quote (in which Brodeur doesn't say that at all), so you are correct. But my original point was somewhat of a "This writer is full of sh!t" kind of thing. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#37 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

i have heard that the wife was a reason and whether i believe it or you believe it, i dont spread rumours and i do have an ok legit source.

so you say his parents were in his ear and his wife wasnt, yuuuuuuuuuuuup.

edit: finances; fiance, you get the jist

Well...we heard over and over JP talking about how great it would be for his son to play for the Wild and come home. He pretty much told the entire world that.

Not even going to touch the wife thing because it seems that every trade demand or free agent signing with his new team as a wife or fiance behind it these days.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#38 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Well...we heard over and over JP talking about how great it would be for his son to play for the Wild and come home. He pretty much told the entire world that.

Not even going to touch the wife thing because it seems that every trade demand or free agent signing with his new team as a wife or fiance behind it these days.

Yeah, JP was pretty vocal about wanting Zach in Minnesota. Then he would end it with something along the lines of "but it's Zach's decision and we'll see what he does..." and come right out saying he wants him in Minnesota again a week later.

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

JP also loved Tortorella and talked up Zach playing for him, during our playoff series with them lol
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#40 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Even Chiko knew Zach was a goner

www.SterioDesign.com