166 replies to this topic

#41 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

The hatred and animosity will be intense... I dont think Zach knows what he's in for Thursday.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#42 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

The hatred and animosity will be intense... I dont think Zach knows what he's in for Thursday.

I hope so.  I hope it's a downright hostile place for him.  He deserves no less.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#43 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

The one year deal was common sense. He couldn't go into free agency after playing 13 games and scoring 6 points the season prior. He had to come back, make a good showing, and then get rewarded with a huge contract. 

If he had any inetntion of staying with the Devils long term, it would have been done right there. The one year deal shows he just needed to beef up his stats, prove he was recovered, and score a huge deal. Mission accomplished. 

I was pretty pissed when he left, but I kind of forgot about that when Kovy pulled the crap he pulled. Signing somewhere else as a free agent is one thing, bailing on your long term contract is another. 

Edited by mfitz804, 18 March 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#44 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Maybe I'm just getting a little softer as I get older, but I don't feel all that much animosity towards Parise. It can't be easy to turn down playing with a close friend where you grew up for that kind of money, including a $20 million up front lockout-proof bonus.

I'm definitely not happy he's gone, and maybe without Kovy re-signing in 2011 or if the finances weren't bad, or if Lou's damned magic crystal ball wasn't on the fritz that year, we'd be a much different team right now. But I'm kind of just indifferent to him. No hate. I mean, I don't want to see him lifting the cup or anything, but still.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#45 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

I hope so. I hope it's a downright hostile place for him. He deserves no less.

I'm not talking just booing either- there better be some LOUD 'Parise Sucks' chants. I want him to be as unfocused and uncomfortable as possible. I want his night to be fvcking miserable from start to finish.

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm taking my frustration for these last two seasons out on him. He can eat sh!t.

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Maybe I'm just getting a little softer as I get older, but I don't feel all that much animosity towards Parise. It can't be easy to turn down playing with a close friend where you grew up for that kind of money, including a $20 million up front lockout-proof bonus.

I'm definitely not happy he's gone, and maybe without Kovy re-signing in 2011 or if the finances weren't bad, or if Lou's damned magic crystal ball wasn't on the fritz that year, we'd be a much different team right now. But I'm kind of just indifferent to him. No hate. I mean, I don't want to see him lifting the cup or anything, but still.

I'm a little more ambivalent on the Parise thing too now, but mostly cause we have more than enough internal issues to have angst over as it is without wasting time on outside bs.  Ironically if we were in the playoffs for sure like some other seasons I'd be more likely to be at the front of the line of people booing him.

I'm taking my frustration for these last two seasons out on him. He can eat sh!t.

That's definitely a way to look at it too.  If we're completely out of it Thursday (which we may well be if we lose and the Jackets/Rangers win tonight) I might adopt that mindset...especially since we can't take it out on 17.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 March 2014 - 04:21 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'm a little more ambivalent on the Parise thing too now, but mostly cause we have more than enough internal issues to have angst over as it is without wasting time on outside bs. Ironically if we were in the playoffs for sure like some other seasons I'd be more likely to be at the front of the line of people booing him.

That's definitely a way to look at it too. If we're completely out of it Thursday (which we may well be if we lose and the Jackets/Rangers win tonight) I might adopt that mindset...especially since we can't take it out on 17.

I need an outlet to blame this fvcking sh!t show on. Zach's as good as anyone. He deserves the sh!t he gets from Devils fans. He's a little fvcktard who slunk out of town to play with his buddy. Who, may I add, also deserves hell rained down on him Thursday.

We probably couldnt afford Suter anyway, but he's a little bitch for not even considering coming here because he didn't want to play in the east. fvck that guy.

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

I really hope the Wild have the balls to put them both in the starting lineup and get a big fat boo :lol:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#50 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

I really hope the Wild have the balls to put them both in the starting lineup and get a big fat boo :lol:

Yeah and a big fat SUCKS after their names are announced.

#51 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Yeah and a big fat SUCKS after their names are announced.

As much as I may understand why Parise left, he'd still get the "SUCKS" if I was in attendance.

#52 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

I’m guessing some mixed reviews,” said Parise, who has 23 goals and 45 points for the Wild this season. “I don’t know though. I’ve said it before: what’s important to me is how good I was treated when I was there. I understand sports. Fans love their players and their teams and they don’t want to see players leave, but the part I’ll remember most is how good to me when I was there and that’s what matters.” http://m.espn.go.com...ork&src=desktop

Mixed reviews? Uhhh... No Zach. Hopefully you realize how much we fvcking hate you now after this.

#53 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm making it to this game so I can fully unleash my frustration of this franchise onto that putz. 

believe-zubrus.jpg

#54 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Why did Brodeur bring this up now, at this time of the season? Good bye Marty no one is interested in you or your thoughts.

Lou please retire and take Marty, Pete and Scott Steven with you.

#55 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I don't blame you. It's also the pent of frustration of the last two (well, 1 and 3/4) seasons of Devils hockey. Not just Parise.

Nonetheless this will be a nightmare game for the folks trying to make a Devils game more of a family experience. Going to hear a lot of Sucks echoing throughout the arena

And you're right there won't be mixed reviews. I would be shocked if as many as 5% cheered for him. it's going to be overwhelming boos

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#56 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I don't blame you. It's also the pent of frustration of the last two (well, 1 and 3/4) seasons of Devils hockey. Not just Parise.

Nonetheless this will be a nightmare game for the folks trying to make a Devils game more of a family experience. Going to hear a lot of Sucks echoing throughout the arena

And you're right there won't be mixed reviews. I would be shocked if as many as 5% cheered for him. it's going to be overwhelming boos

People should leave their kids at home or cover their ears. Its gonna be nasty, and it should be. I hope Parise has nothing but non-complementary things to say afterwards, other than how impressed he was by the amount of venom spewed his way.

#57 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Yep he's pretty much coming at the perfect time, it's the perfect storm of frustration and anger within the fanbase. I haven't seen the fanbase this frustrated in a long time. Even the 2010-2011 season was quickly brought back (somewhat) from rock-bottom by Lemaire, but we're right in the middle of the fall downward and Parise's in town.

#58 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I honestly don't care if the jerk-off has sh!t thrown at him.

#59 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Every time I think of tomorrow's game I really do picture you ripping one of the seats from its bolts to the concrete floor and hurling it on the ice at Parise.  Not kidding.

#60 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I'll be there, and don't plan to boo him.  I would actually give him some kind of positive acknowledgment if it wouldn't be drowned out by the boos, which I'm expecting.  He didn't go to a rival, and didn't go to a place like Pittsburgh to be on some kind of dream team. 

Not against booing ex-Devils that bolted in free agency thought.  I was definitely part of the boos when Gomez made his return, and actually tried to substitute Gomez for Philly in the second part of the Rangers suck thing. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users