166 replies to this topic

#161 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,510 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Do you people actually think he seeks out interviews and is clamoring for TV time?  My God, some of you just have no clue. 

Do you really think reporters, TV analysts, blog writers, etc etc want to talk to guys like Danius Zubrus, Steve Bernier, or Mark Fayne?  No one outside the hockey world has ever heard of these guys, and they're hardly relevant anymore to the people that actually ARE in the hockey world.  They gravitate to Brodeur because he's always been friendly to the media, he's a hockey legend and people that are typically more interested in other sports still know his name, and they want to make a story out of it.  This is nothing new.  If people stopped giving it attention and going on and on about stuff that's a non-story and just pure dribble they wouldn't continue to write about it and we could actually focus on things that truly deserve attention.

Yes, I do.  I do because there is an easy way to talk to the media while saying nothing - Parise and Kovalchuk were both masters of it - and there is a way to talk to the media while saying everything (Brodeur, Holik, and so forth).  Brodeur has already done TV work in Canada and I'm pretty sure that's what he's going to end up doing once his career is over.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#162 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

LOL

"my dog is status quo. Nothing has changed. He's a quality individual and we wish him the best".

HAHA

#163 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Maybe Marty's sn on here is SterioDesign.....

DM I always fancied you for Oliwa.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#164 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Yes, I do.  I do because there is an easy way to talk to the media while saying nothing - Parise and Kovalchuk were both masters of it - and there is a way to talk to the media while saying everything (Brodeur, Holik, and so forth).  Brodeur has already done TV work in Canada and I'm pretty sure that's what he's going to end up doing once his career is over.

I agree he might end up on TV one day.  I mean, who wouldn't want to listen to analysis from possibly the greatest goalie of all time?   I guess I just don't see his interviews and comments as terribly destructive or purposefully vindictive and poisoning.   He wants playing time, and he's not afraid to voice his opinion.  Is this really a shock to people?  You don't get to being perhaps the best goalie of all time by being passive.  He is still motivated to play and he doesn't want to go quietly into the night.  I realize the game is slipping by him, it's only natural, but it's also a little admirable that he's willing to fight and give everything he's got (whether that's enough for a W on most nights is still debatable) and I don't blame him one bit for wanting playing time in his last season or two before he has to hang them up.  Would I prefer that he gradually accepts the backup role and is willing to mentor and help Cory become half of what he was in his career?  Yes of course, but after the 20 years of insane goaltending that he's given us I am fine if the situation is a little sticky for a year or two.  Proportionally that's a pretty good ratio.

#165 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Brodeur is not interesting in mentoring his successor.  He's made that much clear.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#166 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

The hindsight is strong in this thread.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#167 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

^ QFT

Brodeur is not interesting in mentoring his successor.  He's made that much clear.

I'm not sure Cory needs a mentor - he's been in this league long enough.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users