#201 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Here's what's coming up the rest of the week

3-1 loss to Minnesota. Parise scored the empty net winner to a chorus of boos as he smugly grins and skates back to the Wild bench

12,000 Rag fans in the building on Saturday as the Rangers beat us 4-1. Highly audible Maaaarty or Cooooorrry depending on who is sacrificed that day. Devils give up multiple 2-0's and 3-0's.

Edited by '7', 18 March 2014 - 09:53 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#202 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

No one likes losing, and I am sure for most here this is uncharted waters for Devils fans, but there doesn't need to be one scapegoat. You want Deboer gone...fine. There is a good chance he is, but this really has not much to do with him.

This team is just not very good at all. Fans have been clamoring for Gelinas. Well you got him, and once again he showed, despite the offensive boost he could bring, he can't play a lick of defense. Not a lick. I think two goals were on him. People want to get upset that you Gelinas and Merrill were on the ice together late....again it's late, you are down 4-2. You fvcking roll the dice. This wasn't a tie game late. They were down two goals. You want Gelinas to be out there with Salvador? I feel that some people will find anything to blame Pete with. You dress him. You play him when you are down, and you do it with someone that can move the puck too. Wasn't everyone loving the Gelinas-Larsson tandem months ago?

Zubrus is finished. Rutuu is who we thought he was. Ryder is just awful. Brunner is struggling. Clowe is Clowe. Elias is 37. Brunner is slumping again. You rely on Jagr at 42 to be the offensive catalyst every night..with the linemates he gets to play with?

A new coach will not save this team. A new coach trying to get these players to play any differently than say...they have for most of the year...will only be a bigger recipe for trouble. This team will most likely struggle with any coach next season. Forget about the coach, and look at this lineup. Do you think a coach is missing the link?

What this team needed tonight was a Zach Parise. They needed an lya Kovalchuk. And they needed a David Clarkson tonight.

There are a lot of bubble teams around the league. The ones that are stepping up are the better teams that have had better goaltending and better star players to lead them each night. Not ones that have a coach that motivates them more. You want a coach that goes in and just screams and yells at a team that isn't good enough to win games. Well that was probably Deboer in Florida. You'll have a team quitting on a coach much faster that way. NHL players tune those coaches out.

Edited by devilsrule33, 18 March 2014 - 10:21 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#203 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

No one likes losing, and I am sure for most here this is uncharted waters for Devils fans, but there doesn't need to be one scapegoat. You want Deboer gone...fine. There is a good chance he is, but this really has not much to do with him.

This team is just not very good at all. Fans have been clamoring for Gelinas. Well you got him, and once again he showed, despite the offensive boost he could bring, he can't play a lick of defense. Not a lick. I think two goals were on him. People want to get upset that you Gelinas and Merrill were on the ice together late....again it's late, you are down 4-2. You fvcking roll thed ice. This wasn't a tie game late. They were down two goals. You want Gelinas to be out there with Salvador? I feel that some people will find anything to blame Pete with. You dress him. You play him when you are down, and you do it with someone that can move the puck too. Wasn't everyone loving the Gelinas-Larsson tandem months ago?

Zubrus is finished. Rutuu is who we thought he was. Ryder is just awful. Brunner is struggling. Clowe is Clowe. Elias is 37. Brunner is slumping again. You rely on Jagr at 42 to be the offensive catalyst every night..with the linemates he gets to play with?

A new coach will not save this team. A new coach trying to get these players to play any differently than say...they have for most of the year...will only be a bigger recipe for trouble. This team will most likely struggle with any coach next season. Forget about the coach, and look at this lineup. Do you think a coach is missing the link?

What this team needed tonight was a Zach Parise. They needed an lya Kovalchuk. And they needed a David Clarkson tonight.

There are a lot of bubble teams around the league. The ones that are stepping up are the better teams that have had better goaltending and better star players to lead them each night. Not ones that have a coach that motivates them more. You want a coach that goes in and just screams and yells at a team that isn't good enough to win games. Well that was probably Deboer in Florida. You'll have a team quitting on a coach much faster that way. NHL players tune those coaches out.

Very very accurate post.. Muchos kudos
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#204 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

Well said dr33, and I hate saying this but the blame should be falling on Lou. After missing the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years I'm ready for a major change.

#205 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

This team is just not very good at all. Fans have been clamoring for Gelinas. Well you got him, and once again he showed, despite the offensive boost he could bring, he can't play a lick of defense. Not a lick. I think two goals were on him. People want to get upset that you Gelinas and Merrill were on the ice together late....again it's late, you are down 4-2. You fvcking roll the dice. This wasn't a tie game late. They were down two goals. You want Gelinas to be out there with Salvador? I feel that some people will find anything to blame Pete with. You dress him. You play him when you are down, and you do it with someone that can move the puck too. Wasn't everyone loving the Gelinas-Larsson tandem months ago?

Post of the year.

#206 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

that's a real nice post dr33.

it's a team that needed everything to go right and for the coach to maximize the chances for that to happen. neither did and here we are.

i hope and pray that this season makes no player truly safe and lou looks at cold hard facts:

the following players have NO business being on the team next year: brodeur, salvador, bernier, carter.

the following players need to be marginalized and made to be minor characters: zubrus, ruutu, volchenkov

xxxx-zajac-jagr

henrique-elias-xxxx

brunner-xxxx-clowe

rutuu-zubrus-sislo

greene-larsson

merrill-fayne

gelinas-volchenkov

harrold

schneider

xxxxx

fill those x's

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#207 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Doesn't help that Pete and Lou systematically dispose of any kind of speed (Josefson, Tedenby, Loiktionov, Larsson) because it doesn't fit with the 'system'.  If you want to say none of those players are any good maybe that's true in the first three cases, but it's an organizational flaw that isn't linked to the lack of talent.  We keep going slow, slower and slowest and wonder why teams skate around us.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#208 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

it's a team that needed everything to go right and for the coach to maximize the chances for that to happen. neither did and here we are.

i hope and pray that this season makes no player truly safe and lou looks at cold hard facts:

the following players have NO business being on the team next year: brodeur, salvador, bernier, carter.

the following players need to be marginalized and made to be minor characters: zubrus, ruutu, volchenkov

xxxx-zajac-jagr

henrique-elias-xxxx

brunner-xxxx-clowe

rutuu-zubrus-sislo

greene-larsson

merrill-fayne

gelinas-volchenkov

harrold

schneider

xxxxx

fill those x's

Want to know who to blame? Look at that 4th line..and you aren't so wrong with that one. That's an $8 million+ 4th line even with an NHL min player on it.

Lou has had some bad luck with Parise and Kovy, but he has really failed at evaluating his own players that he sees every night. You can't do that as a GM.

Be careful what you wish for with that defense. It sounds great, but I expect a lot of hiccups along the way with that group. Might be very nice though.

Edited by devilsrule33, 18 March 2014 - 10:59 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#209 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

xxxx-zajac-jagr

henrique-elias-xxxx

brunner-xxxx-clowe

rutuu-zubrus-sislo

greene-larsson

merrill-fayne

gelinas-volchenkov

harrold

schneider

xxxxx

fill those x's

Good stuff DR33 and sundy. Agree with a lot. 

That defense would be a dream come true and make too much damn sense but I'm hoping that's what we trot out next year. If Lou dumps Sal and lets Zidlicky walk I will be in utter shock. Also, I start to wonder how active Lou is in regards to trades. The deck is full of defensemen, and clearly we need a forward. Is this the offseason one of these defensemen gets dealt?

#210 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

I kind of expect one of the kids to be gone this offseason, maybe two.  If Lou's going to keep Pete around AGAIN after a non-playoff season then he'd better improve the talent and get him vets he's not going to send to the doghouse the minute they aren't perfect.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#211 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Just once before the end of this season I'd love to see the Gelly/Larsson pairing back together. They were SO GOOD together before Larsson went down/got sent down and Gelinas looked at his best. Will it work again? No idea, but I'd at least like to find out.

believe-devs.jpg

#212 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

That'll be one of the great what ifs in Devils history, cause I don't think we'll ever see that again...I definitely see at least either Larsson or Gelly gone, one way or another before next season.

What burns my *** is with Larsson-Gelly rocking that's when we had our only real sustained stretch of the season (winning five of six against GOOD competition).

#213 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

That'll be one of the great what ifs in Devils history, cause I don't think we'll ever see that again...I definitely see at least either Larsson or Gelly gone, one way or another before next season.
What burns my *** is with Larsson-Gelly rocking that's when we had our only real sustained stretch of the season (winning five of six against GOOD competition).

Exactly. There's not one scapegoat for the season but there have certainly been sooooooooooo many head scratching personnel decisions that I think it's fair to move on from both Lou and Pete.

#214 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

I mean I know people say you can't just hand young guys spots but you can't bury them at the first sign of trouble either.  At some point the '95 Devils had to transition over to Elias-Sykora-White-Rafalski-Gomez-etc.  What's our under-25 core at the moment?  Merrill, an overmatched version of a young Mark Fayne?  Henrique, who randomly gets hot for two weeks and then dissapears again?

#215 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,787 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

I mean I know people say you can't just hand young guys spots but you can't bury them at the first sign of trouble either.  At some point the '95 Devils had to transition over to Elias-Sykora-White-Rafalski-Gomez-etc.  What's our under-25 core at the moment?  Merrill, an overmatched version of a young Mark Fayne?  Henrique, who randomly gets hot for two weeks and then dissapears again?

I guess Boucher would have to be in there.

Damon Severson?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#216 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:31 AM

Thank heavens Tim Sestito was in the lineup, where would we have been without him?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#217 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

It's simple Lou Lams has to go.

It's just that simple.

Marty leaving would be helpful as well.

#218 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

xxxx-zajac-jagr

henrique-elias-xxxx

brunner-xxxx-clowe

rutuu-zubrus-sislo

greene-larsson

merrill-fayne

gelinas-volchenkov

harrold

schneider

xxxxx

fill those x's

The funny part is that mentally, you've marginalised Gionta so much you didn't even mention him, and nobody else noticed.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#219 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

It's simple Lou Lams has to go.

It's just that simple.

Marty leaving would be helpful as well.

Unfortunately #30 will be in Camp in September   :doh1:

#220 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

All I wanna know is where did a) Marty's ability to boost shooting percentages go and b) why doesn't this team win for him/score for him anymore?

Oh wait.  :thumbsup:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users