14 replies to this topic

#1 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Found this neat little article online....are we really that good with STH perks???

http://www.silversev...nd-the-league-a

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Maybe, though by quick glance at the article it looks like they value quantity over quality of the perks.

I have a buddy who is a Rags STH and he basically gets no perks, so not surprised as to where they rank.

#3 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

i think that the devils do a pretty good job with the perks.

3 team events + 10% off at the store + mdse credit (depending) + other photo ops w/o players (on the ice, on the bench), alumni events, etc.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#4 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

I just got this today:

15+ Year Milestone Celebration

Dear Matt,

We are focused on creating a world-class, customized experience for our Season Ticket Holders, and hope you have noticed some of the initial enhancements that have taken place so far this season. We are excited to introduce a new program to honor your commitment to the organization- specifically the number of consecutive years you have been a Full Season Ticket Holder! For this year, we will be honoring each Season Ticket Holder that has reached the 10-year milestone and beyond. This special recognition will include an exclusive pre-game party hosted by senior Devils Arena Entertainment executives. 

Additionally, will be honoring you in-game. To kick things off, we'd like to invite those that have been with the Devils family for 15+ years to join us on Thursday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m. for our 15+ year milestone celebration include: 

• Pre-game reception (refreshments included) in the Goal Bar
  • Information pertaining to your tenure gift (One Per Account)
  • A welcome from Devils Arena Entertainment executive staff
  • An in-game ceremony to honor you
  • A post-game tenure class photo on the ice

We'd also like you to share a photo of your favorite moment as a Devils fan with us to honor you in-game. Please upload a photo when you submit your RSVP. Please note that only the account holder whose name is on the account may attend this event along with the same number of guests as seats you have on your account.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

it seems like they always try to put a good effort into rewarding their sth's but the way they go about some other things (selling tickets) is bizarre
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#6 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Take this article with a big grain of salt.  But it definitely gives you some perspective.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#7 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

The perks are very good, I enjoy the skating event the most.

Wish they would bring back the equipment sale, I could use some new sticks.

Edited by hystyk28, 19 March 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#8 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Take this article with a big grain of salt. But it definitely gives you some perspective.

Do you even bother to read what people write before you?

People goof on you because you post too much, so please take a minute before hitting that "post" button.

#9 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

People goof on you because you post too much, so please take a minute before hitting that "post" button.

:doh1: :doh1: :doh1:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#10 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

:doh1: :doh1: :doh1:

Is that because my phone double posted it? Yeah, that is quite the same as posting the same link down in the thread that was actually cited as a source in the first post of the thread.

#11 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

30. New York Islanders: The Islanders actually offer better perks to those who buy smaller ticket packages than those who get full season tickets.

:doh1:

#12 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Maybe, though by quick glance at the article it looks like they value quantity over quality of the perks.

I have a buddy who is a Rags STH and he basically gets no perks, so not surprised as to where they rank.

its funny because this was a topic on wfan last year. apparently a rangers fan began complaining that being a season ticket holder, you get no perks at all while devils season ticket holders get vouchers and other things

i think mike francesca thinks that perks are only used to entice people to become season ticket holders. he said that since the rangers have good attendance they really dont need to offer anything

#13 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

its funny because this was a topic on wfan last year. apparently a rangers fan began complaining that being a season ticket holder, you get no perks at all while devils season ticket holders get vouchers and other things

i think mike francesca thinks that perks are only used to entice people to become season ticket holders. he said that since the rangers have good attendance they really dont need to offer anything

He's right.  They know that they will sellout that toilet each and every game, so they have no incentive to spend time and money to hold events or provide their fans with any sort of perks.  They are definitely not alone.  The Yankees and Giants (2 teams that I have been a STH for) also give you next to nothing as a STH. 

The Devils aren't perfect with their execution and organization of events, but they do make an effort to reward STH's for their loyality ($$) which I appreciate.  The skate with the team event was great this year and is my favorite. 

Posted Image

#14 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

I'm not a STH (but I go to many games) and I did attend the skate with the team event this year thanks to a friend of a friend.....and Wow! it was great!

Makes me consider being a STH next season...money is the one thing holding me back. (lack of in bulk)

#15 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Our fans like to complain about our season tickets (prices, perks, etc.) but man, if you have Rangers friends, I can't think of one franchise that could be as polar opposite to the Devils' treatment of its devoted fans as the Rangers. They really are terrible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users