#161 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Amen MadDog.

Drives me insane when people start using the word "classless".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I just found it funny and EXTREMELY ironic that the leader of the Crazies is going around calling other fans classless.  There is a reason why many fans, including myself, have no problems paying more for tickets just to sit away from them (as well as the Diablos).

#162 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

Right? Everyone's 'classless' and has 'no class'. No class this, classless that, shut the fvck up. Most people don't even know what words like this mean, they just parrot them because they hear everyone else say them.

keevec.png

I find this post to be shallow and pedantic. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#163 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Class, classy, and classless.  The three most used words on hfboards.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#164 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

It's sports, OF COURSE PARISE IS GOING TO BE BOOED. If you don't want to boo him and think its classless you are wrong and I will fight you.

Edited by msweet, 21 March 2014 - 10:20 AM.
Personal Attack

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#165 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

This.

I demand to see evidence in gif form.

I saw it too.  It was actually funny.

I can't believe how many people I see on twitter and FB whining about all the booing parise got. Unbelievable.

Even that idiot ray from the crazies posted a big crybaby tirade on his crazies page about how embarrassed he was about the lack of class from the fans. Well sorry ray but your group, for many years, have not exactly been the shining example of class either. Get off your high horse and stick to auctioning off overpriced replica jerseys with sh!tty customizations.

I agree.  It's nothing more than gamesmanship from the fans.  Nothing wrong with it.  I'm sure most Devils fans who did boo did it mostly in good fun.  I still have my 2 Parise jerseys hanging in my closet.  They're not going anywhere either.

It's also ironic because I believe it was 233 who started the YS chant with SNA.  It started during the Rags 4-0 win, and I was in 132 that night.  So if the Crazies are lecturing fans about class, it is definitely quite ironic coming from them.

It's sports, OF COURSE PARISE IS GOING TO BE BOOED. If you don't want to boo him and think its classless you are wrong and I will fight you.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't even hate him anymore.  I was pissed off initially when he and Suter were secretly conspiring to sign together, but overall I can't blame the guy for signing in his home town.  I still root for him, I still enjoy seeing him do well, and I definitely celebrated that goal against the Rags recently like he was still a Devil.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#166 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Good for Ryder and Cory. Can't say the W matters much for me.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#167 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Another great game by Elias

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#168 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Actively rooting against your own team to make yourself feel better..?

Welcome to the ignore list loser :lol:

Wow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think it would make you more of a loser for putting someone on an ignore list because you can't handle opposite opinions. Also, it doesn't make him a loser for being on your ignore list as you make it seem. You're not special.

Devils.

#169 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

I think it would make you more of a loser for putting someone on an ignore list because you can't handle opposite opinions. Also, it doesn't make him a loser for being on your ignore list as you make it seem. You're not special.

It's one thing to have an opposing opinion, it is another to actively root then for the other team because of it.

#170 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

It's one thing to have an opposing opinion, it is another to actively root then for the other team because of it.

I applauded when Parise scored, just for the fact that everyone is boo'ing him because he decided to live the life he wants and not the life the fans want him to live.

Devils.

#171 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

I applauded when Parise scored, just for the fact that everyone is boo'ing him because he decided to live the life he wants and not the life the fans want him to live.

Is this sarcastic?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#172 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Well that is free agency and so a lot of players do that.  He is no different and he is not doing anything extraordinary or heroic.

He is on the opposing team that is playing my favorite team.  I can boo him all night and I do not applaud when the other team scores.

#173 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Did Parise even touch the puck?  It definitely looked like it hit Salvador and not Parise.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#174 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

NHL changed the goal credit this morning to Suter. 

#175 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

When did I claim to be special?  Don't put words in my mouth.

He's rooting against the Devils on a Devils forum, sounds like a good enough reason to me to not want to deal with his nonsense.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#176 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

When did I claim to be special?  Don't put words in my mouth.

He's rooting against the Devils on a Devils forum, sounds like a good enough reason to me to not want to deal with his nonsense.

I didn't put words in your mouth as you are doing to me, I didn't say you said anything. I just pointed out the way you make it look. But you are putting words in his mouth by saying he's rooting for another team. "

Yupp and thats why devils fans continue to be considered a joke. Boo away, his team is getting better and ours is getting worse. #hattyforzach

"

He stated a fact that the Wild are getting better (in the playoffs) and the Devils are getting worse (out of the playoffs). rooting for parise to get a hattrick is rooting for a player, not a team. Devils could still win even with him getting a hattrick.

Your double standards are worrisome. I would imagine you would be calling for Marty's head if he was the one who gave up that second goal. But everything is A-OK with Schneider letting it in.

Devils.

#177 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

did anyone catch parise's smirk when the devils were celebrating

I demand to see evidence in gif form.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...764804707_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphoto...270791004_n.jpg

Edited by DJ Eco, 21 March 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#178 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

As for last night's game, we played great. We made a pretty damn good team's offense virtually non-existent. 

I booed the hell out of Parise, I got it out of my system, but I'm not really mad enough at him (anymore) to do it again. He got this game out of the way and I think many of us will probably not boo next time. He faced the music like a champ and that smirk of his at the end of the game after the OT goal got me a wee bit sentimental.

#179 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

I didn't put words in your mouth as you are doing to me, I didn't say you said anything. I just pointed out the way you make it look. But you are putting words in his mouth by saying he's rooting for another team. "

Yupp and thats why devils fans continue to be considered a joke. Boo away, his team is getting better and ours is getting worse. #hattyforzach

"

He stated a fact that the Wild are getting better (in the playoffs) and the Devils are getting worse (out of the playoffs). rooting for parise to get a hattrick is rooting for a player, not a team. Devils could still win even with him getting a hattrick.

Your double standards are worrisome. I would imagine you would be calling for Marty's head if he was the one who gave up that second goal. But everything is A-OK with Schneider letting it in.

You're way overanalyzing the booing, it's getting a bit self-righteous. It's just not a big deal. No one attempted to stop him from living his life, it's fans booing a hockey player because he left town. If you honestly clapped "because he decided to live his own life" then I think you would enjoy being part of the audience at a taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show more than you would a hockey game.

Thanks

NHL changed the goal credit this morning to Suter. 

:evil:  Lou is such a troll.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#180 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I didn't put words in your mouth as you are doing to me, I didn't say you said anything. I just pointed out the way you make it look. But you are putting words in his mouth by saying he's rooting for another team.

...right.  Okay, I can see how this discussion's going to go, and I'll pass.

For the record, I wasn't calling him a loser for ..what, being on my ignore list?  I called him a loser for rooting against the Devils.  Use that noggin.

"Yupp and thats why devils fans continue to be considered a joke. Boo away, his team is getting better and ours is getting worse. #hattyforzach"

Are we really going to argue that rooting for an opposing player to score a hattrick against the Devils isn't rooting against the Devils?  Seriously?

I...what? When did I comment on goaltending in this thread?  I think you're confused.

I'm not wasting my time or yours arguing over this.  If you didn't like Zach getting boo'd, you probably just shouldn't have watched this one.  We all knew it was coming.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 21 March 2014 - 12:34 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users