496 replies to this topic

#1 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hugh Weber announced on one of his tweets (about halfway down the page) that the Devils will have a new goal song for next season.

So this likely ends the 7 nation army run (unless it's in the running next year and gets re-elected) to be honest the song grew on me a bit. I wouldn't have minded it sticking around. Not sure when they're putting the kibosh on it so early.

Well, we know what it won't be at least!  :whistling:

@robmg27 Yes! There will be a new @NHLDevils goal song next season selected by our fans.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

:doh1:  :doh1:  :doh1:

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

I'm ok with this.  I always felt the weak "Let's Go Devils" to drown out "You Suck" during the song is pretty lame.  Might as well keep trying until you get it right.

And, for all of the "You Suck" people:

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#4 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

I'm ok with this.  I always felt the weak "Let's Go Devils" to drown out "You Suck" during the song is pretty lame.  Might as well keep trying until you get it right.

And, for all of the "You Suck" people:

it keeps being chanted though. I personally don't do it, but everybody around me seems to.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#5 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

Selected by the fans my ass! It will be as much selected by the fans as the current monstrosity was.

And on an aside, regarding this new ownership group, was Jagr ever honored for his 700th goal? JVB would have given him the ol' painting and benz in a pre-game ceremony. Did the new owners ever even acknowledge his major milestone?

#6 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Selected by the fans my ass! It will be as much selected by the fans as the current monstrosity was.

And on an aside, regarding this new ownership group, was Jagr ever honored for his 700th goal? JVB would have given him the ol' painting and benz in a pre-game ceremony. Did the new owners ever even acknowledge his major milestone?

Unless you've achieved an all time mark in a category,  500 goals, 1000 points, 1000 games played are considered the most common "honored" milestones of one's career in the NHL.

Some of you will continue to stop at nothing to point fingers at the owners. What's next? Not giving Jagr a cake and a birthday party for turning 42?

Edited by TheRedStorm, 20 March 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#7 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,732 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

They are really doing everything in their power to eradicate YS.  Can't think of any other reason to kill SNA.  It was actually growing on me. 

There's going to be a lot of research to find a song that isn't readily adaptable to throwing YS into it.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 20 March 2014 - 11:09 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Oh joy, this again.

...just saying, this is still my favorite.  Could definitely get a "you suck" in there though, so it'll probably never catch.

https://soundcloud.c...-song-van-halen

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

basically, any song with even a nanosecond pause in it will allow the YS to happen

personally, I like Kenny Loggins Highway to the Danger zone. Also difficult to work YS into that.

#10 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

#11 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

What a joke. I was against "You Suck" previously, but if the fans really want it so bad, just keep it. Whatever.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#12 newarkcupparade

newarkcupparade

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

This makes me happy. I like SNA, but that "Let's Go Devils" chant, I think, sounds so cheap and terrible, especially on TV.  Even when I'm fortunate enough to get to games, I hate the way the chant sounds inside the arena as well. 

And I know this is random, and maybe it's just me, but does anyone notice that the cadance for the "Mar-ty" or "Co-ry" chants that they play seems slower this year? I feel like it makes the chants sound laborious. 

#13 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

phew ..I think it can only get better but god knows with the devils
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#14 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Finally! They've come to their senses and decided to go with the Trololol song.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#15 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Finally! They've come to their senses and decided to go with the Trololol song.

I would support this very much.

#16 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

I think their Rick Roll on Tuesday was a blazing success and they'll be looking to implement it as our new goal song.

#17 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Brad paisley, Mona Lisa. Time to countrify the rock

Or howl by gaslight anthem

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 20 March 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#18 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Unless you've achieved an all time mark in a category,  500 goals, 1000 points, 1000 games played are considered the most common "honored" milestones of one's career in the NHL.

Some of you will continue to stop at nothing to point fingers at the owners. What's next? Not giving Jagr a cake and a birthday party for turning 42?

Thats ridiculous. Dont compare scoring 700 goals to having a birthday.

#19 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Thats ridiculous. Dont compare scoring 700 goals to having a birthday.

If you took that for any reason other then tongue-in-cheek, then i do not know what to tell you.

#20 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

They announced the milestone during an intermission or TV timeout the first home game after he reached it.  That was it.  However, like TRS said, it isn't a milestone that this team would normally honor with a pre-game ceremony.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users