496 replies to this topic

#21 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

For better or worse, the YS chant will likely continue with whatever song they ... err - the fans ... select.  Maybe in a few more years it will die out, but too many people are intent on keeping it alive at this point to see it end anythime soon.

Posted Image

#22 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

Someone said it before, keep adding 'you suck' to the songs, and they'll keep finding new ones. Or maybe back to a horn some day.  I liked the homemade song they put on the website last year, but after it lost, I couldn't find it again. Whatever, as long as we get back to winning, this really isn't that important.

#23 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Just bring back the hey song and end this bullsh!t.

#24 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Again. Limp Bizkit's Rollin' or Rev. Theory's Hell Yeah.

#25 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Honor jagr? Is that a joke? Give him a painting of him in a Devils Jersey for scoring twenty goals here?

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#26 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Again. Limp Bizkit's Rollin' or Rev. Theory's Hell Yeah.

If that's the theme song from Blue Mountain State then I agree. 

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 20 March 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#27 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

If that's the theme song from Blue Mountain State then I agree. 

I miss Thad....

#28 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

I miss Thad....

Me too. Great character although I will say the third season got a little weird. 

#29 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

They announced the milestone during an intermission or TV timeout the first home game after he reached it.  That was it.  However, like TRS said, it isn't a milestone that this team would normally honor with a pre-game ceremony.

Couple that with the fact that this is his first season with us compared to his 20 or so year career, and you could see why the Devils didn't personally honor it.  Recognition on NHL.com in the headlines and things of that nature is justified and should be enough. 

Anyway, I am glad the new goal song is going to be replaced.   I've always been a pretty big fan of the simple and classic Gary Glitter goal song, and being in Florida I don't get to attend any games at The Rock live and hear the chant in person, so I never heard or noticed the "you suck" being chanted during the pause until about 2011-2012 and I must say I thought it was pretty hilarious.  I was actually even proud of it that my team and its fans were the ones to shout it.  Maybe it was me getting caught up in the playoff race and our deep run to the Stanley Cup Finals, but I liked it and was sad to see it go.   Even sadder to see it replaced by whatever lame thing we have now.  It just doesn't feel rewarding and at the same time make your opponents feel like they were just gut-punched like a home team's goal horn/song should. 

Here's hoping they pick something inspiring and catchy this time around.

#30 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

ohh that hell yea song would be perfect for our goal song!... it would never happen though the word "hell" i feel would not be considered family friendly since we are over the top about that since new owner ship... and oh damn i just realized this goal song thread is probably going to end up like the last one ... one giant argument
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#31 Matt Derek

Matt Derek

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Its too bad management can't bribe us, as a fan base, to come up with something else to chant instead of "you suck" so we can get back our Rock and Roll Part II.  As much as I would love to have it back AND also chant "you suck", it would be better to have it back and not chant "you suck" over whatever song it gets changed to next.  The atmosphere at the arena hasn't been the same without it this year.

Management should give us a chance to vote on new chant for RR Part II...  and if it doesn't work...  oh well, they can't say they didn't give us the chance.   I know the Red Bulls offered money for fans to stop offensive chants...  not sure if it worked, though.

#32 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

They announced the milestone during an intermission or TV timeout the first home game after he reached it. That was it. However, like TRS said, it isn't a milestone that this team would normally honor with a pre-game ceremony.

Lol well we've never had a player hit 700 goals! It's absolutely worthy of a little ceremony, and not some tv timeout.

#33 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

This should be interesting.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#34 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

get used to the "You Suck", it's not going anywhere despite their efforts to drown it out with piped in crowd noise and playing with the song. The management should just learn to live with it and stop with the futile efforts

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#35 Matt Derek

Matt Derek

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Noticed that they stopped piping in the "Lets Go Devils" as much during the goal song.  You can hear "you suck" again tonight (and Tuesday).

#36 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Noticed that they stopped piping in the "Lets Go Devils" as much during the goal song.  You can hear "you suck" again tonight (and Tuesday).

I was at the game Tuesday, and there was almost no YS chant.  It was very faint.  If you sit on the bench side of the rink, you hear no YS at all.  The only time you hear the YS chant is when you sit on the penalty box side of the rink.  The YS chant is mostly from the Crazies area of the rink (132 and 232 sections of the arena.)

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#37 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

I was at the game Tuesday, and there was almost no YS chant. It was very faint. If you sit on the bench side of the rink, you hear no YS at all. The only time you hear the YS chant is when you sit on the penalty box side of the rink. The YS chant is mostly from the Crazies area of the rink (132 and 232 sections of the arena.)

Sorry Mike you couldn't be more wrong. I sit in the 100s behind the goals and I can see all the people downstairs pointing and doing the suck. A good majority of the crowd does it. It has nothing to do with the 15-20 "crazies"

#38 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Sorry Mike you couldn't be more wrong. I sit in the 100s behind the goals and I can see all the people downstairs pointing and doing the suck. A good majority of the crowd does it. It has nothing to do with the 15-20 "crazies"

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233.  Look around the entire arena.  You only see and hear from that corner.  I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#39 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233. Look around the entire arena. You only see and hear from that corner. I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

I know what section you are talking about and I just disagree, tonights a good example, tons of people in every section in the building do it and it always noticeable. Its been like this all year.

#40 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I know what section you are talking about and I just disagree, tonights a good example, tons of people in every section in the building do it and it always noticeable. Its been like this all year.

Tonight was a louder for sure.  The crowd was amped up tonight, which probably played a little bit of a factor.  Regardless, it's still not as resounding as when it was with RR2.  It's a lot tamer imo.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users