473 replies to this topic

#461 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:31 AM

I watched the game on TV last night. If I hadn't heard the song the day before the game, I would've never known what it was that was playing. It just sounded like a bunch of noise. It didn't translate to TV at all -- at least for one night anyway.

Probably because they played it as loud as possible to drown out the chants

It was at a deafening level in the arena

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#462 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

Sorry. I'm not gonna spend 100 dollars just on food and try everything though. I WISH I had that kind of money and stomach room though. That'd be impressive.

As a season ticketholder, I used to only have two options in previous years. I'd get out of work at 6PM (usually later) from Manhattan. I could either get some $10-15 rushed bullsh!t before I leave the city, or get to The Rock and buy cardboard pizza or $9 for 2-3 chicken tenders and awful fries. For me, and many like me, this is a huge step up, just understand that.

For people who are local and have time to eat other food, by all means, pack a lunch, eat what you usually eat, save money (I wish I had that option). Or if not, then, the $9 chicken tenders are still there.

#463 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

It's amazing how many times the same things can be said over and over lol

+1.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again (because everyone else seems to be repeating the same argument over this BS issue), reading these posts is like watching left-wing liberal Democrat argue with a right-wing conservative Republican argue over just about anything.  Both sides are so blinded by their own position that they deem infallible that they can't see the valid points the other is making. 

Fact of the matter is, there is no right and wrong in this goal song debate.  It's all personal preference.  To call people that don't agree with your position names and belittle them is just ridiculous and is an example of how most Americans simply talk past, rather than to, each other nowadays.

Also, about the food, how do you run out of chicken fingers and french fries? It was bad enough trying to find a stand that actually sold them so my kid could get something to eat, but when I did, they were sold out! That's piss poor if you ask me. I'm glad they added all these options, but you have to keep the staples in stock.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 20 October 2014 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

#464 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

Also, about the food, how do you run out of chicken fingers and french fries? It was bad enough trying to find a stand that actually sold them so my kid could get something to eat, but when I did, they were sold out! That's piss poor if you ask me. I'm glad they added all these options, but you have to keep the staples in stock.

Daaaamn, I didn't know that. So I retract some of my criticism of people who were complaining. I'm guessing they were pissed that chicken tenders were out. Yeah, that's kinda busch league.

#465 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

I wanted to try out some of the new food too, went to the Villa italian stand on the lower concourse and wanted to try the Chicken Parm hero but they were already out of them before even the warmups started....so I tried the Meatball Parm hero instead and it was actually really good. So at least there was that bright spot. 

But I did see some of the other stands as I walk by them and they looked poorly stocked as well. Not a great opening as far as that was concerned but with a new vendor and the hurried setup for them I am not too surprised and hope for quick improvement in the next few games. 

#466 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

You are the only one who hated the new food. I guess that's fine but in your next post there you basically berated people who dared to spend 10-15 on a sandwich. I guess I can't say people who are for YS are idiots but you can say people who want to buy a sandwich at the arena are dumb? Nicr logic there and your hatred of the new owners has been very obvious since last year. Again just go through all the threads about the new goal song since last year and you go out of your way to bash them. I don't say you and your buddy are in cahoots but basically you are the only two left here who hate the new owners for no reason than the fact that they took your precious chant away.

Again I have said many times I never consider YS to be a curse word. That's not the point. The point is that is embarrassing to hear a bunch of grown people chant a childish chant at the other team and instead of cheering for the Devils and celebrate their goal, the pro YS people would rather focus on berating the other team. It's like those people who spend $150 on a custom jersey that says "rangerssuck" on them. I've seen dozens of those over the past 5 years and maybe seen one or two rags fans with jerseys that says "devilssuck"

also lets not start with this tradition nonsense too. I said earlier many times the new owners could get 100-1000 of the YS crowd and tell them they can have RnR part 2 back if they agree no more YS. I bet at least 75-80% will tell the owners to go to hell. Each time I have stated that here no one has ever argued with me on that fact. It is 100% about a group of man-children who feel like their civil liberties are being violated or their game day experience is being ruined.

Finally just looking through other boards and on FB most fans generally like the new goal song. The only ones who generally don't are the YS crowd.

I welcome the Rangersuck jerseys and even Rags fans if they have Devilssuck. That's just keeping the rivalry alive. I don't see a problem with that. I think that's a better choice of jersey spending then someone actually spending money on a Salvador jersey or Stephen Gionta jersey. Unless you are a relelative of PDB then I just don't get it. (Or in the case of Sal collect jerseys of captains. That's understandable.)

And also I went on HF. Maybe one other person said that I was wrong in that thinking the food was bad. However it wasn't some mass revolt like you are trying to tell me it was. And is this what things have come to now? Elitism over concessions? My goodness. The next time I go I might get that chicken thigh sandwich from the Ironbound stand. That sounded pretty good. All I said was that the food was not worth Dinosaur BBQ prices. You can't compare that stuff to Dino. Or, maybe you can, maybe there was something I didn't have that was that good. I don't know. Reccomend me something. Haha.

I found that the berating of the other team was just part of the experience. I don't think that was the "childish" chant here. The "sucks/swallow" bit is what is childish but chanting something that is pretty much going "HEY OPPOSING TEAM, YOU STINK" is pretty tame. Find a goal song that has the same in-house vibe as RRP2 and I'm all for a new song. I was campaigning for that Fall Out Boy "Light Em Up" song that we used opening night last year. I was fine with Seven Nation Army. Maybe having a new goal song a year will be our new tradition. Who knows.

If you really want to get rid of "YS" just change the goal song to some EDM or Dubstep thing. It would literally be impossible to insert those two words to that. And look at it this way, it can't be worse then what the Leafs did (use Harlem Shake as their goal song for a few games)

Edited by TheMazz, 20 October 2014 - 10:57 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#467 forfelix

forfelix

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

Did anyone find the Devils signature brew anywhere?

#468 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,138 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Did anyone find the Devils signature brew anywhere?

I was wondering about this too. I didn't see it at any of the stands i passed while walking to my seat.

#469 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,138 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:39 PM

0-1-1 so far with this song hmmm lol

All kidding aside I went from liking the song to not liking it at the moment. I think it's because they blast it so loud it's hard to even understand it. It's also hard to clap along to join in on anything on.

#470 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:45 PM

0-1-1 so far with this song hmmm lol

All kidding aside I went from liking the song to not liking it at the moment. I think it's because they blast it so loud it's hard to even understand it. It's also hard to clap along to join in on anything on.

I alluded to this last time.  But I'm not sure why the volume the arena plays the song at has any bearing on if you like the song or not.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#471 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

I alluded to this last time. But I'm not sure why the volume the arena plays the song at has any bearing on if you like the song or not.

The song is not professionally produced so it sounds like crap and when its loud as hell its sounds even worse.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#472 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,138 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:49 PM

I alluded to this last time. But I'm not sure why the volume the arena plays the song at has any bearing on if you like the song or not.

It just sounds like a jumbled mess at the arena, it literally just sounds like noise .

#473 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:51 PM

The song is not professionally produced so it sounds like crap and when its loud as hell its sounds even worse.

Oh I see.  Is there a way they can fix that?

It just sounds like a jumbled mess at the arena, it literally just sounds like noise .

Yea I heard it on opening night.  That's why I think they should just turn the volume down.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#474 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted Today, 12:07 AM

I swear I will be deaf by the end of the season at this rate. Plus, not surprisingly, it hasn't stopped the you suck chant at all.
Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users