496 replies to this topic

#481 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

They need to just turn it down and deal with the chant.  It's fvcking ridiculous.

Well said.  As much as they might think that they can force this chant to go away, it's just not going to happen.  Take from that whatever you will, but that is the reality. 

At this point, I don't care how this gets resolved, but the volume issue needs to be fixed NOW!  It's taking away from the experience for the whole crowd (not just the pro you suck people) just so management can feel better about themselves.  If they really were smart about getting rid of the chant, they would take away the goal song all together.  Devils fans can't coordinate any chant, and the you suck after a goal is scored would be no different.

Posted Image

#482 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Last night they were doing You Suck before the Hey in the song, and were even doing the You Suck during the Lets Go Devils part. I think at this point they would yell it during ANY song

Devils.

#483 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

Last night they were doing You Suck before the Hey in the song, and were even doing the You Suck during the Lets Go Devils part. I think at this point they would yell it during ANY song

savages. savages.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#484 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

The song is not professionally produced so it sounds like crap and when its loud as hell its sounds even worse.

The mastering's actually not bad. It's the volume level. They're "clipping" out the wazoo, at a level where they could burn out the system by home game 20. Even the microphone levels aren't tuned right. It isn't just the goal song, so I'm not blaming it on the owners trying to drown out the YS. Half the music they play, and all the times a microphone is used, the sound has been played at a dangerous level. I've emailed my STH rep about it and I know others who have to. Someone seriously did not do a good job tuning the system ever since the first preseason games.

Edited by DJ Eco, 22 October 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#485 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

The "You Suck" during the piped in "Let's Go Devils" chants has it sounding like "Let's Go Suck"...which benefits no one...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#486 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

Meh people will eventually give up.

We're a strong willed fanbase, have to say that at least.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#487 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

It's starting to sound like we're telling the Devils themselves they suck after they've scored a goal. Back in the days when Rangers fans really took over our arena whenever there was a Let's go Devils chant the Rangers fans would tack on suck at the end of it (if they didn't try to substitute Rangers for Devils) and this is starting to make it sound like we're doing the exact same thing to ourselves. Not to come off like a hipster, but I was in favor of the You Suck chant before it came to be popular because it was one that was used at Lynah Rink for Cornell (Hey! You Suck! Hey! You Suck! We're gonna beat the hell outta you!! F- 'em up! F- 'em up! Go CU!) games and I thought it got the crowd going, but at this point I see that what was appropriate at a college level isn't really working at the pro level and needs to be dropped. I still think the "Sieve! Sieve! It's all your fault!" chant would work after we score, though.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#488 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

No matter the goal song or if the crowd says you suck or not the piped in lets go Devils chant is awful. I can't think of any other sports team that has a goal/scoring song that gets the crowd to chant lets go *insert team name* it's beyond terrible.

#489 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

Whether it's because of the volume level or something else, so far the goal song has been undecipherable on the local TV broadcasts.

#490 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

So as someone who is indifferent about the you suck part, I really don't like this new goal song. I really tried to give it a shot but 3 strikes and its done for me. It's not a great song to clap to, trying to "woo" along with it stinks. The let's go Devils chant during it is beyond silly and sounds horrible and to top it off the Brady bunch type opening with all the Devils fans in the squares is just silly.

I've been looking around at other sections and it seems like a lot of people try to clap along and just end up giving up and just clap normally or just sit down.

I'm not even trying to bring the you suck aspect into this today because whether or not people yell that or not this song still doesn't work.

#491 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

Yeah I agree SH. I just clap along.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#492 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

The "You Suck" during the piped in "Let's Go Devils" chants has it sounding like "Let's Go Suck"...which benefits no one...

If you listen carefully it also sounds like "You Go Devils!" Not bad at all... :P

#493 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

By spring this YS thing will fade to just a small amount of people.

#494 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

By spring there may only BE a small amount of people in the stands if we keep going 0-for-home :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#495 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

By spring there may only BE a small amount of people in the stands if we keep going 0-for-home :P

Better seats for me. I went the Maclean season on a regular basis, so the outcome of games won't determine my attendance.

#496 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:44 PM

I highly doubt it. I think we have a better chance of winning the rest of our shootouts than this happening.

#497 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

I highly doubt it. I think we have a better chance of winning the rest of our shootouts than this happening.

Agreed

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users