496 replies to this topic

#41 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Again. Limp Bizkit's Rollin' or Rev. Theory's Hell Yeah.

If you want to be the laughingstock of the league, you go with anything Limp Bizkit 

you want a song about lighting it up, you go with this: 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#42 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Seven Nation Army was great until they completely bastardized it.

n2eg.jpg

#43 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Seven Nation Army was great until they completely bastardized it.

They took some of the lets go devils chants out of the song tonight, and turned down the volume a touch. It was noticeably better.
Posted Image

#44 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233.  Look around the entire arena.  You only see and hear from that corner.  I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

I swear you don't watch or listen to the same games the rest of us do. Are you Josh Harris?
Posted Image

#45 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

They took some of the lets go devils chants out of the song tonight, and turned down the volume a touch. It was noticeably better.

Yeah cause you definitely heard the you sucks lol....they probably figured they'd better not fight it tonight with the crowd already in a nasty mood.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#46 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

I swear you don't watch or listen to the same games the rest of us do. Are you Josh Harris?

With a straight face, try and tell me that the YS chant is as loud and resounding as it was when we still had RR2.  Honest question, have you sat in the same seat all year, or have you moved around?  Seriously, go sit in say section 110 one game, and sit in 132 for another game.  The difference is night and day.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#47 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

I'm talking of the Crazies Section which is 233. Look around the entire arena. You only see and hear from that corner. I sat in 111 against Detroit, and you couldn't hear the chant at all.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say you're wrong. I sit nowhere near there and it is loud around me.

#48 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

I am gonna go out on a limb and say you're wrong. I sit nowhere near there and it is loud around me.

Same here. Always hear it clear as day in 117. Not as loud as RRP2, but still audible and noticeable for sure.

Edited by PWW, 20 March 2014 - 10:58 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

#49 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

With a straight face, try and tell me that the YS chant is as loud and resounding as it was when we still had RR2.  Honest question, have you sat in the same seat all year, or have you moved around?  Seriously, go sit in say section 110 one game, and sit in 132 for another game.  The difference is night and day.

I've sat in section 9, 7, 10, 114, 111, and 123 at different times this season. There were people doing the YS chant in every section I've sat in. But you haven't met any of them, so they don't count, right?
Posted Image

#50 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

I've sat in section 9, 7, 10, 114, 111, and 123 at different times this season. There were people doing the YS chant in every section I've sat in. But you haven't met any of them, so they don't count, right?

Was it everybody in unison?  Because that's the way it was with RR2.  It's much harder to get everybody in sync with each other with SNA than it was RR2.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#51 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Last night's game was the first where I clearly heard (on TV) the "You Suck!"-chant with Seven Nation Army. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#52 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

I am so sick of everything with our fans "sucking" and you suck, Parise sucks, everyone sucks. I just hate it. It's embarrassing sometimes. I blame the fans and I blame the organization.

#53 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

I am so sick of everything with our fans "sucking" and you suck, Parise sucks, everyone sucks. I just hate it. It's embarrassing sometimes. I blame the fans and I blame the organization.

I don't like the YS goal chant either, but it's not going away.  You might as well get used to it and move on.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#54 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

If management ever all got together, did a bunch of meth, nothing would be better than this.  You'd probably have to make the game like an R movie.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#55 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

It's not like it's exclusive to Devils fan. It's pretty prevalent in all sports at all levels.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#56 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

Yes. Hearing the words "you suck" towards opposing players and teams is just so emabarssing let me tell you. God forbid we jeer opposition. Hell having to debate having to say "Hey You Suck" in this day in age is laughable. 2014 and this fan base makes "you suck" like it's the most vile word in the dictionary. The season is almost over. Can we admit to everyone who wanted this silly "family friendly" atmosphere that it's a total fvcking bomb? We were a sh!tty team in 2011 and 2013 and the building was still electric. SNA would be FANTASTIC but Weber and co have made every effort to make it the dulliest, lamest chant in the NHL. If you can even call it a chant. The canned "LGD" that no one chants - basically telling people what to say it akin to the old "WE ROCK!" nonsense that used to show up on the screen. Last night was sort of loud. (As loud as you are going to get with 14,000 in the barn) that's because we didn't have that canned "LDG" chant in there. We wouldnt have to change anything if they would just get rid of the canned crap. SNA is actually pretty catchy.

We have to be the most crotchity fan base ever - debating the use of saying "you suck" in sports. Saying something which is pretty common-place as a saying in this day and age, and which is used as a saying as a synonom for "You stink" and nothing else. Again - god forbid we say the opposing team and their players are awful. Why not just break out participation medals after each game so we don't make them feel bad. Last night's game could have REALLY used the YS chant.

A lot of fans I see need to relax and enjoy the game, cheer and have fun. This is hockey. This is a sporting event. Not Church nor a PTA meeting. And my goodness there have been times this season where I could have actually confuse the two. Could we be any more of a group of fuddy-duddies.

Edited by TheMazz, 21 March 2014 - 11:24 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#57 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

So what was the first thanksgiving like?

#58 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

There's nothing wrong with chanting YS.  But chanting YS after we score a goal is just so stupid and extremely cheesy.

Edited by Mike Brown, 21 March 2014 - 11:30 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#59 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

There's nothing wrong with chanting YS. But chanting YS after we score a goal is just so stupid and extremely cheesy.

What a very arbitrary statement

#60 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

This type of social (or anti-social) behavior at sporting events has been happening for as long as you want to go back. The great thing was, it would be just limited to the game experience and you tended to accept it as such and it made it much more tolerable (to an extent). However, people have to understand that the world we live in today is much different then it was 20 years ago or even 10 years ago, hell, maybe even 5 years ago. The expansion of the internet and explosion of social media running our lives has given people a platform and a voice that wasn't available before. It allows them to voice-off 24/7/365. I mean, who outside of those who are regulars among the fanbase would even know a bunch of dorks like the Crazies exist if the reach of the internet wasn't there? Who would know that a bunch of attention whores had a banner directed at Parise during warmups but those at the game? I mean, you can go on and on. 

This would have happened 20 years ago, too, all things being equal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users