483 replies to this topic

#61 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

There's nothing wrong with chanting YS.  But chanting YS after we score a goal is just so stupid and extremely cheesy.

I'm pretty certain the Devils know it's not directed towards them. Also a canned "Let's Go Devils" chant is the definition of cheesy, "We Are Jersey" is up there as well. A lot of the Devils PR moves have been "cheesy". The YS chant is not one that comes to mind.

Edited by TheMazz, 21 March 2014 - 11:33 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#62 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm pretty certain the Devils know it's not directed towards them. Also a canned "Let's Go Devils" chant is the definition of cheesy, "We Are Jersey" is up there as well.

I'd rather have cheesy positive chants, then cheesy negative chants after we score a goal.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#63 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'd rather have cheesy positive chants, then cheesy negative chants after we score a goal.

How is it negative? Because it's against opposing teams and players? Oh spare me. Nobody is chanting your "positive" canned Let's Go Devils chant and inserting their "You Suck" chant because that's what THE FANS want to chant.

But hey the fans are wrong right? The Devils - this team especally is not one that can afford to police their fans. Know your fanbase and cater to them

Edited by TheMazz, 21 March 2014 - 11:37 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#64 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

How is it negative? Because it's against opposing teams and players? Oh spare me. Nobody is chanting your "positive" canned Let's Go Devils chant and inserting their "You Suck" chant because that's what THE FANS want to chant.

But hey the fans are wrong right? The Devils - this team especally is not one that can afford to police their fans. Know your fanbase and cater to them

Well, well, well.....mention YS and TheMazz comes out of hiding to post! It's like saying "Beetlejuice" 3 times!

#65 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Well, well, well.....mention YS and TheMazz comes out of hiding to post! It's like saying "Beetlejuice" 3 times!

Same could be said for you. I post on other threads though and pop up in chat. Rarely see you around

Edited by TheMazz, 21 March 2014 - 11:46 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#66 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

How is it negative?

YS is always negative.  People don't tell someone they suck as a compliment.

BTW, I did read the rest of your post.  I just don't feel like responding to it, and I'll let you have your opinion.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#67 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Same could be said for you. I post on other threads though and pop up in chat. Rarely see you around

I suggest you go and have a second look.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 21 March 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#68 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

YS is always negative.  People don't tell someone they suck as a compliment.

BTW, I did read the rest of your post.  I just don't feel like responding to it, and I'll let you have your opinion.

We shouldn't compliment the team we are playing against...

What is this...I don't even.

I'll let you have your opinion as well. We're going to end up in the same circle.

n2eg.jpg

#69 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

We shouldn't compliment the team we are playing against...

You asked me how it was negative.  I simply answered your question.

Edited by Mike Brown, 21 March 2014 - 11:57 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#70 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I suggest you go and have a second look.

You just signed up on this board, don't talk about about how/when others post.

#71 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

You just signed up on this board, don't talk about about how/when others post. 

You should concentrate only on yourself. Like your pal, you've got plenty there to keep you busy. 

You and Mazz will realize you've lost. One day.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 21 March 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#72 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

You asked me how it was negative.  I simply answered your question.

Did someone post you are annoying? How many posts have you posted this season? Have you answered that question?

#73 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

You should concentrate only on yourself. Like your pal, you've got plenty there to keep you busy.

Lost what? Having an opinion for enhancing game day experiences? What are you, 14?

#74 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Lost what? Having an opinion for enhancing game day experiences? What are you, 14?

LOL, enhancing game day experiences though chanting "you suck". Go on, tell me more about who is 14? 

#75 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

LOL, enhancing game day experiences though chanting "you suck". Go on, tell me more about who is 14?

If you've got no idea the majority of fans have been pro YS, pro rr2, then you'll never understand what the goal song and chant added to the atmosphere. Although that wouldnt be surprising since you actually do sound like someone who signed up yesterday.

#76 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,145 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Did someone post you are annoying? How many posts have you posted this season? Have you answered that question?

How many posts have you posted asking about how many he's posted?

If you don't like the guy just put him on ignore or skip his posts.

#77 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

If you've got no idea the majority of fans have been pro YS, pro rr2, then you'll never understand what the goal song and chant added to the atmosphere. Although that wouldnt be surprising since you actually do sound like someone who signed up yesterday.

Do you always assume this much? It's no wonder you're so delusional. I'm not going to play repeat with you.

The goal song was great, but that's not the problem and it never was. It's what was done to it. That's the real shame of it being taken away.

Where are you pulling this invisible unit of measure from? Facebook and HF boards? That's the whole fanbase right there! But, pro-YS people will go to any lengths necessary to spread their propaganda. If it's not hiding their immaturity under the guise that the song/chant was "tradition" and a "majority" of fans are pro, they've got nothing other then more immaturity like cancelling tickets. staying home and pointing fingers at families and children. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 21 March 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#78 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

We cant sustain a Let's go Devils chant for more than 3 runs through but man we never miss a beat chanting you suck or the rangers suck script.

ANYWAY - Seven Nation Army was a cop-out for lack of better options with such little time to, you know, actually use fans. The song originated as a soccer corner-kick chant, then went to college football, then NFL, now hockey.

People are gonna flip cause of the "you suck," and that's okay. People are going to try and fit it into any chant they can, whatever, that happens. I don't like it, I didn't do it, unless its the Flyers/Rangers in the playoffs, so whatever, I can't ignore it but me not chanting isn't going to stop it. So, like an annoying cousin that you really dont want to talk to at that family party, you just sit there and nod/clap a few times, and wait until its done to enjoy watching the game.

But please, can we at least make it a good freaking song next yet?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#79 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,527 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

and just as i predicted this thread would turn... any goal song threads should just automatically be locked up ..nothing but one big argument
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#80 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Oh for crying out loud. So laughably pathetic. "YOU LOST! I WON! NANANANANANA"

I might be pro-YS but I'm even more pro getting this building loud. If you want to say with a straight face we've been a loud building this season then you are delusional. Catering to militant soccer moms like yourself to get up in arms over every little thing has REALLY helped out this arena's atmosphere hasn't it? If we a team that won night in and night out like the Blues or Penguins we could afford to experiment with something like this but we're a borderline playoff team. Now isn't the time to toy around with the trust of the paying customer. Canned chants aren't the way to go and neither are trying to censor chants that people ovbiously WANT to chant. (That canned LGD was put in SOLEY because fans kept chanting YS)

You arent going to find an option that will make fans like TRS and myself happy but I'm happy with something that isn't RRP2 as long as they don't bastardize it with a million different changes like they did with SNA. Hell SNA was perfect before they deicded to edit it a bunch of times.

n2eg.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users