55 replies to this topic

#1 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

The memo has gone out around the league. This clown has atrocious footwork and has no idea what to do on those weak softies. I think he may have given up as many as 4-5 this year. That is simply unacceptable and it cost us a point today.

This is like Osgood in the 90's with his long range issues. He nearly cost us a point today because of his gag job. And after that softie you could visibly see how shaken he was

I'm sorry if you're still giving up that kind of garbage and don't have the backbone to bounce back...you're not fit to be our #1 either

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Come on man!  It was an awful goal to give up.  But every goalie gives up goals like that.  He hasn't been good since the break.  Nobody will deny that.  But if you put every goalie under a microscope like this, you'll see every goalie is like this.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#3 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

oh here we go.. one day the guy is praised like a god the next hes a bum.. this forum is ridiculous sometimes
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Came we just enjoy this win for 5 minutes?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

oh here we go.. one day the guy is praised like a god the next hes a bum.. this forum is ridiculous sometimes

We're so spoiled.  It's impossible for goalies to be 100% perfect all the time.

Came we just enjoy this win for 5 minutes?

Nope.  We have to complain no matter what.  If the team doesn't play a perfect game, we'll always find something to rip them on.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#6 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

What point did the Devils lose today?

Edited by devilsrule33, 20 March 2014 - 10:05 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#7 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Problem is if Cory wants to truely take the job away with no doubts from Marty he can't give up goals like this and since the return of the olympic break he has looked uncomfortable at times.

#8 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

What point did the Devils lost today?

Exactly what I thought reading that.

Also, it happens. Sometimes the goalie picks up his guys (the shorthanded breakaway), sometimes they need to pick him up. But we should probably just get rid of him. Not #1 material...smh.

oKCiNj.jpg

#9 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

It's called the ebb and flow of a game... Remember the shorthanded breakaway for Parise that was kept out of our net? No credit where credit is due ever, just unnecessary critique and ripping on the team as always. This board can be outrageous

#10 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

+1,000,000. The goal was weak, and he has given up his share of softies lately but the overreaction to every little mistake just makes me laugh.
Posted Image

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

He's been bad since the break with at least a soft goal every game.  Right now I have no use for either guy, but to be fair every time Marty allows a bad goal the team takes him off the griddle, it's about time it happened for Cory.  

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'm not sure what perfect goalies are supposed to be out there, but every goalie in the league gives up "softies". Its part of the position. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Ironically enough, the dude plays much better when the team gives him less goal support.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#14 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Ironically enough, the dude plays much better when the team gives him less goal support.

And that's why this team this season is going to make me lose my hair. Should have given the stress pucks out before the game

#15 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

I'm not sure what perfect goalies are supposed to be out there, but every goalie in the league gives up "softies". Its part of the position.

This is a great point. I think many of us - and I'm as guilty as anybody here - have been spoiled Marty's constancy over the past two decades. In his prime, I feel like you could count on Marty to stop pretty much 99% of the routine shots he faced.

That ain't normal. That's an elite quantity that few current goalies possess. I think Cory's great, but he's not what Marty was in his prime. We all need to be realistic with our expectations.

Although I may be romanticizing Marty's younger years a bit, admittedly.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 20 March 2014 - 11:05 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

I'm holding Cory up to his own standard he set in Vancouver, not Marty's.  And right now he looks like a guy that is overrated having his stats inflated on a good team there.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#17 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

This is a great point. I think many of us - and I'm as guilty as anybody here - have been spoiled Marty's constancy over the past two decades. In his prime, I feel like you could count on Marty to stop pretty much 99% of the routine shots he faced.

That ain't normal. That's an elite quantity that few current goalies possess. I think Cory's great, but he's not what Marty was in his prime. We all need to be realistic with our expectations.

Admittedly I may be romanticizing Marty's younger years a bit.

Cory's numbers have been better than Brodeur's in his prime since he entered the league. He put up numbers better than Brodeur for a while here in NJ.  There have been under 50 .925 save percentage seasons in NHL history and Schneider has 3 of those.

He has struggled for 5-6 games...this thread is fvcking ridiculous. I don't understand the complaining on the 3rd goal, however. A back door tip on a puck going wide of the net? Anyway, he hasn't been that good, but I'm not too worried. There have been many more great games than bad ones for Cory.

I'm holding Cory up to his own standard he set in Vancouver, not Marty's.  And right now he looks like a guy that is overrated having his stats inflated on a good team there.

I don't get it. His numbers were better than Luongo's, and the Devils are a better defensive team than they had in Vancouver.

Edited by devilsrule33, 20 March 2014 - 11:11 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#18 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

lol @ having his stats inflated.  Yeah, because that's a thing.  He was bad on goal #2 - he's been generally good until lately.  No one promised he'd be a .928 goalie.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#19 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,731 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Maybe if he made a big ****ing stop once in a while late in games I could live with his soft angle bs.  He was in net for at least a handful of games blown late (many of them in that late January stretch) and they weren't all the D's fault, although the D itself is a bit overrated because of shot totals.  Our 25 shots allowed are generally more high-quality than Vancouver's 28-30 a game.

You can't really get on the D all the time (the way has happened here lately) because of ridiculous breakdowns and then say oh but they're good because of shot totals.  They have these ridiculous breakdowns almost every game.

lol @ having his stats inflated.  Yeah, because that's a thing.  He was bad on goal #2 - he's been generally good until lately.  No one promised he'd be a .928 goalie.

Then why is his save percentage careening towards .910 while it was .925 and up in Vancouver?  Pretty soon it's going to be below Marty's at the rate it's going.

You can't tout save percentage when it's noticeably better then ignore it when it's not.

#20 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

Maybe if he made a big ****ing stop once in a while late in games I could live with his soft angle bs.  He was in net for at least a handful of games blown late (many of them in that late January stretch) and they weren't all the D's fault, although the D itself is a bit overrated because of shot totals.  Our 25 shots allowed are generally more high-quality than Vancouver's 28-30 a game.

Neither goalie can really do that.

I have never in my life seen the Devils this bad and this scrambly/scared late in games and protecting leads. It's psychological really.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users