52 replies to this topic

#21 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Wow. I remember seeing the Parise Olympic sweater before the game and thought it was cool, at first.

Now I read this, both sides of the story, and can't believe what a piece of garbage he is...

#22 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Yup, saw the whole thing. The guy did all of this on purpose.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#23 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Devils fans have been hostile before, but we're pretty good about pulling punches when kids are around. Also, if the other team's fans start sh!t, we have the right to respond. I'm not cool with the homophobia, but it sounds like that was mostly him. All in all, a sh!tbag comes into our arena, gets kicked out for being a sh!tbag, and we look bad? Fvck him.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#24 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

Opposing fans are always complimenting us on how we always treat outsiders respectfully.  But we're not afraid to fight back if you provoke us.  We're pretty laid back for the most part.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

This guys achieved everything he wanted to. Center of attention last night in his section, and now a bunch of negative PR drummed up on Devils' arena and their fans. Makes me sick...

Can't help but think some really scummy Rangers fan was behind this. Those douches looked like the typical Rangers fans that come to a random Devils game, and that would explain the Team USA jersey (not Wild jersey) and what seems to be a vendetta against the Devils and its fans.

#26 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

Opposing fans are always complimenting us on how we always treat outsiders respectfully.  But we're not afraid to fight back if you provoke us.  We're pretty laid back for the most part.

I agree with this in a general sense. There are always a few bad eggs in the bunch though unfortunately.

815631765.gif

#27 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I was in in 117, I saw some of this. I was way too far away to hear the verbal exchange  but I could see a guy in a USA Parise jersey standing up taunting the crowd that was chanting "throw him out!". He had was clearly enjoying his moment turning to the crowd and wavering his arm.

Then I saw security make their way down to him, I didn't actually think they tossed him for that incident, but it's possible.

Anyway, for my 2 cents there was a Parise fan 2-4 rows behind me halfway through the first who shouted that we were all stupid for boo'ing such a great player. No one was baited, so he kept quiet the rest of the game and there were no incidents. I'm sure most Wild / Parise fans who came to the game had an uneventful experience.

#28 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hmmm, those seem to look and act an awful lot like Rangers fans. 

#29 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

I don't have a hard time believing any of those things were said at the game, actually. Doesn't mean that it happened. 

Anyone who is a Parise fan and expected anything less than him getting mercilessly booed probably had unreasonable expectations. 

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

I don't have a hard time believing any of those things were said at the game, actually. Doesn't mean that it happened. 

Anyone who is a Parise fan and expected anything less than him getting mercilessly booed probably had unreasonable expectations. 

Any individual comment...sure.  A steady stream of abuse from the moment he got off the train?  You could just see this guy's nose growing reading that bs account.  Of course I saw this guy from a few sections over and he was clearly enjoying the attention, you could tell he was a grade-a d****e.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

I can imagine you would lead that charge against those 2 geeks in the picture lol.

I'd have my bowling shoes on ready to roll away. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#32 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I'm sure some queef-stain Ranger fan will show up with a bunch of other queef-stain Ranger fans on Saturday, run their mouths about attendance, or Marty being fat, or 'TWO HOME ARENAS BRAH', or some other trite, stupid bullsh!t and when they get curb-stomped and are left picking up their teeth off the concourse, they'll run to the internet and complain that Devils fans are 'classless'.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#33 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm sure some queef-stain Ranger fan will show up with a bunch of other queef-stain Ranger fans on Saturday, run their mouths about attendance, or Marty being fat, or 'TWO HOME ARENAS BRAH', or some other trite, stupid bullsh!t and when they get curb-stomped and are left picking up their teeth off the concourse, they'll run to the internet and complain that Devils fans are 'classless'.

I'd say that it might be a good bet that during/after Saturday night, you'll see something go viral. It just seems like there's a pot on the stove and it wouldn't take much to stir it.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#34 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

I was wondering what was going on up there last night

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#35 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Right???

One part of me thinks that's a paranoid thought, but the other part of me is like, why would this guy go through such great lengths to sh!t on our team and our fans?

#36 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

That's because they are.  Nobody from Minnesota would act like that.  Used to get these sh!tstains a lot more at the old place, wearing a jersey of whoever we were playing and pretending to be fans, but vomiting out the tired old Rag fan cliches all night.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#37 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

To be honest, those two look like a couple of Staten Island stereotypes.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#38 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

punks.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#39 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Spent the entire afternoon here at work killing time by arguing with people on reddit in that very thread. Called bullsh!t from the beginning, even got him to respond to me, which was funny considering he only responded a few times prior to deleting everything.

http://www.reddit.co...8d0wd?context=3

that's the string of comments there. I am the user TrueJersey.

http://i.imgur.com/DclqGOz.png

here's the image that show's his replies. the top one is this photo corresponds to the one that reads [deleted] in the comment string I provided.

I mean, if anything sold me on this all being bullsh!t, it was that reply. "This was deep entrenched, family taught hatred." Lol. Yes, picturing a bunch of little kids screaming homophobic sh!t at this guy for no reason seems plausible. Throw in the fact that anything "homophobic" in nature is reddit's favorite thing to get all bent out of shape over, and this guy had a recipe for stirring the pot pretty good.

It's always funny to me when I play devil's advocate in these scenarios because initially about 90% of the thread was on his side. As if it's so farfetched that someone would lie on the internet for attention. What an outrageous concept!

#40 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

The fact that Deadspin even ran with this story is ridiculous. Nobody would start taunting a guy in a Parise Team USA jersey unless seriously provoked. Do you know how many Devils fans still wear Parise USA jerseys? It's not like that's grounds for taunting. 

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users