Posted Image

#22 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Great post. You guys must be personable, that was like a perfect experience in every way.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#23 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

that story makes tonights loss go down better.

chico and holik thats classic

jagr = hero 

Posted Image

#24 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for your amazing story, happy for you, that's sounds like an awesome experience and it made me feel better after a loss like this.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#25 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Great post. You guys must be personable, that was like a perfect experience in every way.

As much as I would like to believe this is the answer, I think it has a lot more to do with an attractive 22 year old brazilian girl in a Devils tee shirt smiling like an idiot :P

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,266 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

As much as I would like to believe this is the answer, I think it has a lot more to do with an attractive 22 year old brazilian girl in a Devils tee shirt smiling like an idiot :P

Hah well that and being in the right places at the right times.  But yeah that's definitely some fan experience. 

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

I envy you

Sounds like the ultimate devils fan vacation.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt, 22 March 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#28 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

Personable? Darth? 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,003 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:42 AM

Sick stuff

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 23 March 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#30 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Great to read. Kevin Clark is awesome, my friend and I have met up with him a few times before games (and for quite awhile before the Albany game in Atlantic City earlier this month). Really fun guy to talk to.

My friend lives a few blocks from the team's hotel in Philadelphia, so when we were walking to the subway to the game a couple weeks ago, we walked by and caught Rutuu, Schneider, Marty, Zubrus, Zajac, Gionta, Volchenkov, DeBoer, etc all stopping on the way out and signing. It was cool, and I imagine even more fun for a "true" road game like that one, where road team fans have to really go the distance to see the team. I imagine they all appreciate seeing that.  Great story man.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Great read Marty. thanks for posting
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Glad you guys found it so interesting! If you all were interested I could post a few photos later.

@tl1a; yeah, Clarke was one of the nicest guys I've ever encountered. Hysterical, full of knowledge... Just a really great guy. My friend couldn't believe it when he heard that on the other end of the phone, without a doubt a story I'll always remember.

I think the fact tht there were so few of us Devils fans in Tampa made the players even more fan-friendly. It was a pretty incredible experience, and it's amazing how personable all of the players were.
Also, in case you all want to eat like a hockey player: 90% of the guys were carrying a banana and eating granola. Literally almost every single one of them. So, yeah :)

Posted Image

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Also, in case you all want to eat like a hockey player: 90% of the guys were carrying a banana and eating granola. Literally almost every single one of them. So, yeah :)

That was probably just the lunch Marty packed for them.

#34 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,039 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Glad you guys found it so interesting! If you all were interested I could post a few photos later.

@tl1a; yeah, Clarke was one of the nicest guys I've ever encountered. Hysterical, full of knowledge... Just a really great guy. My friend couldn't believe it when he heard that on the other end of the phone, without a doubt a story I'll always remember.

I think the fact tht there were so few of us Devils fans in Tampa made the players even more fan-friendly. It was a pretty incredible experience, and it's amazing how personable all of the players were.

Really glad you had a great time meeting them. I've only had one experience meeting Devils players 12+ years ago, and none of them had any interest in saying much or chatting. A few avoided autographs, but I didn't blame them. I was one of 3 people full of dozens that were actual fans and not autograph hawkers. They really are the worst people ever.

That was a pretty damn big game in Tampa, so all of them could have had their headphones on and just walked right past everyone to the bus/arena/whatever focusing on the game at hand, and could you be that upset.  Again, that could have been Clowe's mentality. Instead, they stopped, made some awesome memories for a ton of people.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#35 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Nice story, where are the selfies to support this event. I want to see one with you and your girlfriend. I told you that before.

Why is she with you? I forgot your parents have money.

Did you snap a picture with Marty?

Enjoy

#36 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Nice story, where are the selfies to support this event. I want to see one with you and your girlfriend. I told you that before.

Enjoy

This is why can't have nice things. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#37 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Enjoy

You know, a few months ago you personally attacked me, unwarranted, and I sent you a personal message, asking why you are who you are. I haven't replied to one of your comments in forever, and rarely do it as much as the rest of the forum.

Sometimes I wonder what it takes to make a man so bitter, and I must assume you've had a great tragedy in your life to turn you into something like this. I honestly feel really bad for you.

Also, as you probably forgot, you've made that same comment before: "your parents money". I replied then, telling you how a comment like this was incredibly disrespectful and completely uncalled for, as the economy destroyed my father's job, as someone who was employed by Chrysler. My girlfriend is with me because she's my best friend, but I don't need to explain that to a sad lonely man like yourself.

I'll post the photos later, because other people would probably enjoy them. I'm finally adding you to ignore, because a comment like yours- so out of the blue- truly shows that you add nothing to this forum. I'm sure you've heard that many times before.

Have a nice life.

Posted Image

#38 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

This is why can't have nice things. 

:clap2:

#39 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

You know, a few months ago you personally attacked me, unwarranted, and I sent you a personal message, asking why you are who you are. I haven't replied to one of your comments in forever, and rarely do it as much as the rest of the forum.

Sometimes I wonder what it takes to make a man so bitter, and I must assume you've had a great tragedy in your life to turn you into something like this. I honestly feel really bad for you.

Also, as you probably forgot, you've made that same comment before: "your parents money". I replied then, telling you how a comment like this was incredibly disrespectful and completely uncalled for, as the economy destroyed my father's job, as someone who was employed by Chrysler. My girlfriend is with me because she's my best friend, but I don't need to explain that to a sad lonely man like yourself.

I'll post the photos later, because other people would probably enjoy them. I'm finally adding you to ignore, because a comment like yours- so out of the blue- truly shows that you add nothing to this forum. I'm sure you've heard that many times before.

Have a nice life.

Yup, Get Real's just like school in the summertime, no class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#40 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yup, Get Real's just like school in the summertime, no class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to hate him, now I just feel bad for him.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users