27 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. I was actually thinking they should be doing something way more special than what they are doing for them. 30 years in a row for anything is a long time. There are murderers that have done less time.

There are jobs you can work for less time and collect a hefty pension afterward.

#22 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

I agree with your basic premise completely.  However, I also get annoyed at the flipside of the coin.  It's easy for people who sit in the "cheap seats" to complain about STHs or those in the clubs or even the lower bowl.  The amount of money (high OR low) you spend following your team doesn't define your fandom.  I say this as a proud member of the Devils fanbase, but I feel like there is more infighting among NJD fans than any fanbase I've ever seen.  There are people at every game who make me cringe ("Shoooooot") but, at the end of the day, they're Devils fans and hockey fans and that should be embraced.

You should talk to old school Rangers fans and how they view "the Garden transformed" and the people they see attending the games in the lower bowl. Some of them actively boo when they show a famous person on the jumbotron, just to get a point across.

#23 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

You should talk to old school Rangers fans and how they view "the Garden transformed" and the people they see attending the games in the lower bowl. Some of them actively boo when they show a famous person on the jumbotron, just to get a point across.

That's exactly what I am talking about.  We don't have as much of a problem at the Rock and there are people who are just there for the "free" food or to see and be seen, but that's not the case with a lot of lower bowl denizens.  I consider myself part of the middle class in this sense I guess and it bugs me whenever people decide who "real fans" are based on the face value of a ticket, either high or low.  I go to most home games and watch most away games live or on DVR.  That doesn't make me any more of a fan than someone who checks an app for scores and can never make it out to a game because he is busting his behind working nights to pay the bills or feed a family.  I'd love for there to be less infighting (for example, why can't the Diablos, Crazies, etc. all co-exist without hate from each other and the general population?).  It's just the way that our fanbase has developed and it's unfortunate.

Posted Image

#24 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

There are jobs you can work for less time and collect a hefty pension afterward.

Yup. Me. I can retire in 9 weeks!
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

Congratulations!!

#26 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Nice! Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#27 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

i wish the tickets were cheaper so that I could bring my kids more often.  as it is, I'm priced out.

part of the reason I'm a fan 30 years later is that I went to so many games when I was a kid.  My kids are missing out on that.

All of the rich madison kids they go to school with are all wearing rangers jerseys.  That is concerning for the long-term future of the team.

#28 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

15+ Year Milestone Celebration

Dear Matt,

We are focused on creating a world-class, customized experience for our Season Ticket Holders, and hope you have noticed some of the initial enhancements that have taken place so far this season. We are excited to introduce a new program to honor your commitment to the organization- specifically the number of consecutive years you have been a Full Season Ticket Holder! For this year, we will be honoring each Season Ticket Holder that has reached the 10-year milestone and beyond. This special recognition will include an exclusive pre-game party hosted by senior Devils Arena Entertainment executives. 

Additionally, will be honoring you in-game. To kick things off, we'd like to invite those that have been with the Devils family for 15+ years to join us on Thursday, March 27 at 5:00 p.m. for our 15+ year milestone celebration include: 
  • Pre-game reception (refreshments included) in the Goal Bar
  • Information pertaining to your tenure gift (One Per Account)
  • A welcome from Devils Arena Entertainment executive staff
  • An in-game ceremony to honor you
  • A post-game tenure class photo on the ice
We'd also like you to share a photo of your favorite moment as a Devils fan with us to honor you in-game. Please upload a photo when you submit your RSVP. Please note that only the account holder whose name is on the account may attend this event along with the same number of guests as seats you have on your account.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users