152 replies to this topic

#141 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Without Jagr in this lineup next season we are going to be squarely in the hunt for the Connor McDavid. 

with the new owners this org should be able to survive a rebuilding period. devils fans are a spoiled bunch but a loyal bunch (hopefully)

#142 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Without Jagr in this lineup next season we are going to be squarely in the hunt for the Connor McDavid. 

Which was part of Lou's plan all along....

#143 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Lose Jagr, trade Schneider and bring back Marty and you're getting closer.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#144 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Saw a blurb in the Star Ledger about Jagr not likely to re-sign here if the Devils don't make the playoffs...basically said time is short and his is running out, and he wants to play for a contender. 

That's odd because when he left the Flyers I thought it was because he still wanted a top line roll and if time were so short for playing on a contender, why claim you won't report if traded as of only a few weeks ago? 

Hopefully he signs back on with us and if the Devils flop again next year, he can be flipped at the deadline.  

#145 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

Always nice to see the Devils win, but unless I see them win the next five (I don't care how ugly the wins are, just win for fvck's sake), or at the VERY least go 4-0-1, I can't even begin to think about what everyone else is doing. 

All things considered, as much as losing four out of five hurt, it really could've been a lot worse...it's still very bad, but at least this morning it feels like there's the very slightest of chances they might squeak in.  One regulation loss anytime soon probably kills that though.

My MO right now is going to be to watch the games to see how the youngsters do and to root for the kids to play. If they win another 2 straight, I'll start to let myself get my hopes up again for a miracle.

What are you even talking about?

If you're as old as your profile says, you certainly don't act like it.  Making these childish snarky comments is just not needed man.

Ummm, I think he was actually sincerely saying it was an improvement.

Saw a blurb in the Star Ledger about Jagr not likely to re-sign here if the Devils don't make the playoffs...basically said time is short and his is running out, and he wants to play for a contender. 

This is part of the reason I haven't jumped on the "I love Jagr" train. I mean, I love what he's done for us but as far as him saying that he likes it here and wants to return, that's just Jagr being Jagr. I'm sure I can dig up similar quotes from his time on the Rangers, Flyers, Stars, and Bruins. He's a hired hand with no loyalty to anyone or anything but his own caprices. I think he's getting bored. Everything he says I take with a grain of salt. I have no issue with this. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#146 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hopefully he signs back on with us and if the Devils flop again next year, he can be flipped at the deadline.  

I truly believe that was the plan for this year, but he messed it up by leading the team in scoring and we were still somewhat "in it" at the deadline. Kind of. Mathematically anyway. 

#147 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Jagr went from Philly to Dallas, who didn't have much of a shot at the cup, but he still signed there.

That plus the fact that most articles coming from nj.com are semi-trollish over the past year makes me not put too much stock into them.

#148 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

I think before Jagr didn't have much of a choice, he was coming off a bad playoffs in both seasons and he's old and he's born in Europe (yuck).  Now he won't have a bad playoffs to be coming off of and he's had an excellent full season, so some contenders might be interested.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#149 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Jagr may want to find a happier medium between being the needed first line scorer at 22 mins a night, and a vet filling in a role on a strong contender

#150 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,293 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

It is hard to believe, but we are still in the playoff hunt thanks to last night.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#151 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

It is hard to believe, but we are still in the playoff hunt thanks to last night.

Dont even....

#152 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Dont even....

Yup, this.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#153 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Just want to make sure you realize just how bad teams like the sabres and oilers are- it will take a lot more than losing jagr to suck worse than them next year. Of course there is always the possibility of winning the draft lottery...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users