Photo

Anyone going to STH Open Practice Tomorrow?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

door open at 10:30am

practice starts at 11am to 12 noon.

lunch from 12-1:30

Autographs 1:30-2:30

#2 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

I'm not, but I know a few people going. (and I hate them now)

:kill:

#3 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

I have an extra if anyone wants it. A buddy bailed late.

#4 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

I'm not going.  I work.

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

I'm not going.  I work.

Exactly.. I hate benefits I can't use, because then they aren't benefits.. I realize it's tough to plan an event around a practice but I really hate having to miss this thing again

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm not going.  I work.

Exactly. It would be nice for this organization to understand the people who are buttering their bread have to work.

I'm an STH and there's no way i could go today, just like there's no way i can go to every game per season. Personally, i have no idea how people find the time to go every game, every event. Life has to get in the way sometimes, whether you have a job, family or you're a normal human being. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#7 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Exactly. It would be nice for this organization to understand the people who are buttering their bread have to work.

I'm an STH and there's no way i could go today, just like there's no way i can go to every game per season. Personally, i have no idea how people find the time to go every game, every event. Life has to get in the way sometimes, whether you have a job, family or you're a normal human being. 

Was this the only option they gave STH? Wasn't their a skate on the practice rink with the players in the evening? A team BBQ at night?

There was some research done last week that the Devils offer the most STH autograph events of any team in the league. They do understand that people have to work. It's why this isn't the only option.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#8 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Was this the only option they gave STH? Wasn't their a skate on the practice rink with the players in the evening? A team BBQ at night?

There was some research done last week that the Devils offer the most STH autograph events of any team in the league. They do understand that people have to work. It's why this isn't the only option.

No, this is not the only option, but it's also one less option to choose from and where's the "benefit" in that? Having anything at this time during the day M-F isn't an ideal option to begin with. People work. Kids are in school. Most people in this situation are going to not choose this option ahead of time as they know already they can't make it or can't take the risk in thinking they can. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 25 March 2014 - 10:46 AM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#9 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Fwiw, Marty in starters net for practice

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

No, this is not the only option. Having anything at this time during the day M-F isn't an ideal option to have to choose from. People work. Kids are in school. Most people in this situation are going to not choose this option ahead of time as they know already they can't make it or can't take the risk in thinking they can. That also means it's one less option to choose from.

I am almost positive this organization can't win. The Devils have played every weekend all season. I'd say more than half the weekends there has been two games for them. There has simply been no weekend practices to do this. I wonder how many Saturday or Sunday practices the Devils have had all season, anyway. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#11 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

"grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble no one's happy everyone's miserable everything's wrong devils aren't good enough"

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 March 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Part of me thinks the reason they put this during a weekday is because it IS going to be the most popular event choice so they don't want 10000 sth's all there. Plus it is honestly tough to do it during a weekend with all the games that get played Saturday.

You're right though, there are other options including the team skate which was in the evening and the BBQ which was on the weekend. I'm still annoyed I can never get to a practice though cause that would be cool. Plus the other thing is they only give you about two weeks notice so even if you were inclined/able to take off it's be hard.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#13 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

750-1000 people here. Subs and soda and cookies for lunch

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-

#14 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,960 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

750-1000 people here. Subs and soda and cookies for lunch

Did Lou send out for Panera? :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Jealous!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

What else is there to do between when the practice ends and the autograph session begins? Think I saw something about the practice lasting till 12 but the autographs weren't till 1:30.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#17 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

What else is there to do between when the practice ends and the autograph session begins? Think I saw something about the practice lasting till 12 but the autographs weren't till 1:30.

I think I read lunch for the fans is between 12-1:30.

#18 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Nothing. There is a raffle for memorabilia.

20082719943.png
-

#19 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

No, this is not the only option, but it's also one less option to choose from and where's the "benefit" in that? Having anything at this time during the day M-F isn't an ideal option to begin with. People work. Kids are in school. Most people in this situation are going to not choose this option ahead of time as they know already they can't make it or can't take the risk in thinking they can.

Oh well, this is when the team has practice, and they happened to open this one up for season ticket holders to attend.  It seems to me that you think they should have just not offered this option because if you can't go, then nobody should be able to.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#20 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Oh well, this is when the team has practice, and they happened to open this one up for season ticket holders to attend. It seems to me that you think they should have just not offered this option because if you can't go, then nobody should be able to.

The biggest problem with these events is the fact they give very little notice for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users