Photo

Anyone going to STH Open Practice Tomorrow?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

If they had it the day of the Super Bowl, people would have been just as annoyed and as someone mentioned earlier, they try to space these things out so the one in October wouldn't have been very good since there was a BBQ or some other event early in the season.  Of the entire season, you are now down to two days that you assume would have worked better.  Have you contacted your ticket rep to ask why this was done on a weekday?

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#42 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

If they had it the day of the Super Bowl, people would have been just as annoyed and as someone mentioned earlier, they try to space these things out so the one in October wouldn't have been very good since there was a BBQ or some other event early in the season.  Of the entire season, you are now down to two days that you assume would have worked better.  Have you contacted your ticket rep to ask why this was done on a weekday?

The fvcking Super Bowl starts at like 6:30 at night. Whether you are watching it at home or going to a party, a practice that ends at lunch impacts your day/night?

Edited by TheRedStorm, 26 March 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

They also had the team skate that very week (after the Colorado game), they'd have had to do that another time as well.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 March 2014 - 10:36 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

The Super Bowl was also in New Jersey this year and people were predicting traffic nightmares.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,326 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

1) it was on the main rink

2) it was a perk that not every STH was entitled to.

3) they don't often practice on the main rink for a multitude of reasons and this practice would have to be done on the main rink

4) devils needed a decent arena staff on hand to manage the event - might not be as plausible on a weekend

5) bbq is a weekend event. skate is a night event. practice is a weekday event - seems to me they're taking care of everyone trying to spread out when these events happen.

there was an article written last week about perks clubs give to their STH. The Devils were at the very top. Anyone complaining about what the Devils give to their STH are just not being realistic and almost complaining for complainings sake.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Technically every single sth could attend the team practice if they wanted and were able to, difference being the lesser tenured sth's only get to pick one of the player events beforehand so if you can only pick one you might shy away from the practice if you know it'll be on a weekday.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 March 2014 - 11:09 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Actually last year's practice was held on the Amerihealth rink.

Bottom line is that they should give you ample notice. I am sure it is done to limit the number of people attending.

#48 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

there was an article written last week about perks clubs give to their STH. The Devils were at the very top. Anyone complaining about what the Devils give to their STH are just not being realistic and almost complaining for complainings sake.

Let's get real here, these perks are offered because they NEED to do something to entice people to become STH's. I know it was a factor in me becoming a STH and I know several others that feel the same way. Again, the have come a long way in even running these events, but they should really give more than a weeks notice for them.

Edited by hystyk28, 26 March 2014 - 11:16 AM.

#49 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

3 pages of complaining. Come on guys, did anyone get some cool photos for those of us who couldn't go?

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#50 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

I'm a STH and I wasn't even aware of this.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#51 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'm a STH and I wasn't even aware of this.

You most likely didn't pick it when renewing (or didn't renew soon enough to get the perks).  

#52 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

3 pages of complaining. Come on guys, did anyone get some cool photos for those of us who couldn't go?

I took about 40-something photos between practice and meeting players. I was gonna post them but this thread didn't seem like it was about those of us that had a good time so I didn't want to interrupt haha.

oKCiNj.jpg

#53 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Start a new thread. People are never satisfied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users