248 replies to this topic

#241 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

I don't want one of the worst backups in the league.

i dont want another slow useless forward but were still stuck with zubrus for two more years.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#242 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

i dont want another slow useless forward but were still stuck with zubrus for two more years.

This makes absolutely no sense for this conversation. Calling Zubrus of all people useless is unintelligent.

This team can find many backup goalies with a better save percentage than .900. 

believe-zubrus.jpg

#243 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

This makes absolutely no sense for this conversation. Calling Zubrus of all people useless is unintelligent.

This team can find many backup goalies with a better save percentage than .900.

i was just stating since you are clearly a fan of zubrus and he is a useless dead weight player... but youre going on about brodeur being shot which everyone already knows.. he wouldnt be a bad back up. zubrus on the other hand is past his days hes garbage now he does nothing i dont even wana hear about how "good he is along the boards" hes clapped out hes not the same as he was when he was a little bit younger he can be replaced with something that will score more then 12 goals a season
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#244 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

i was just stating since you are clearly a fan of zubrus and he is a useless dead weight player... but youre going on about brodeur being shot which everyone already knows.. he wouldnt be a bad back up. zubrus on the other hand is past his days hes garbage now he does nothing i dont even wana hear about how "good he is along the boards" hes clapped out hes not the same as he was when he was a little bit younger he can be replaced with something that will score more then 12 goals a season

Haha and yet Zubrus is one of the few players on this team with a decent plus minus rating, if he was garbage his rating would be atrocious with the likes of Ryder Bernier or Brunner. I stated many times and you can go through my posts that Zubrus is starting to wear down but by no means is he useless. What other guys can play PK, PP (when needed) Left Wing Center Right Wing on the third second or first line? Zubrus is a good player to have and a great teammate and he isn't losing us games like Brodeur. Zubrus is a good third liner to have but he's been forced to play top 6 minutes due to our lack of depth. Zubrus is not garbage and the fact you changed the conversation to him really shows how weak your argument for Brodeur is. Will he be a good backup? Possibly but there are quite a few better choices out there, don't be delusional. 

Edited by Zubie#8, 11 April 2014 - 04:01 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#245 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

not a matter of being delusional... i never said brodeur would be the best back up choice for the team i just said i wouldnt mind having him come back next season playing in a back up role.. i then stated since you said there would be someone else better for the job that there would be plenty of players that i would much rather have in zubrus's slot as he has gone way far down hill and has aged.. yet were stuck with his 12 goals a season for another 2 years.. i guess we dont all get what we want.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#246 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

not a matter of being delusional... i never said brodeur would be the best back up choice for the team i just said i wouldnt mind having him come back next season playing in a back up role.. i then stated since you said there would be someone else better for the job that there would be plenty of players that i would much rather have in zubrus's slot as he has gone way far down hill and has aged.. yet were stuck with his 12 goals a season for another 2 years.. i guess we dont all get what we want.

Stuck with his great two way play? You are selling Zubrus way short he contributes a lot. It's never bad to have a Pandolfo Madden Brylin type player on the team and that is what Zubrus is for us now.

Let's get this back on to Brodeur. I don't think he would make a great backup since there are many better options, options with less baggage like not whining to the media and what not. This franchise definitely needs a new chapter and it needs to be without Brodeur.

Edited by Zubie#8, 11 April 2014 - 04:07 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#247 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

yea i dont particularly care for some of the comments hes made but i guess at this point hes clearly pissed off about no longer being the starting goalie and maybe even the way the devils went about it he stated that he was surprised when he heard that they acquired him from the canucks which means the devils never discussed anything about the change coming this season.. probably felt blind sided and screwed over after all the years hes been here im sure he took it as a big FU
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#248 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Well that's exactly the problem, he put himself before the team and he isn't good goalie anymore. It's just all around bad and that's why he has to be gone.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#249 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Haha and yet Zubrus is one of the few players on this team with a decent plus minus rating, if he was garbage his rating would be atrocious with the likes of Ryder Bernier or Brunner. I stated many times and you can go through my posts that Zubrus is starting to wear down but by no means is he useless. What other guys can play PK, PP (when needed) Left Wing Center Right Wing on the third second or first line? Zubrus is a good player to have and a great teammate and he isn't losing us games like Brodeur. Zubrus is a good third liner to have but he's been forced to play top 6 minutes due to our lack of depth. Zubrus is not garbage and the fact you changed the conversation to him really shows how weak your argument for Brodeur is. Will he be a good backup? Possibly but there are quite a few better choices out there, don't be delusional. 

This entirely. Zubs is limited, but still valuable if used right. Using Marty right is chaining his ass to the bench.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users