#21 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Motormouth Marty strikes again....

Hopefully in 17 days we'll never see him in goal for us again...

Edited by BlueSkirt, 27 March 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#22 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

I love Marty and reading this nonsense sucks. I know he hasn't been good this year but I would love to see him retire as a Devil.

This is just another reason why this has been my least favorite past year to be a Devils fans. It all just sucks.

#23 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Feels like a slap to the face. Hard to stick up for him anymore. Whatever happened between him and Lou has nothing to do with us fans who have shown nothing but love and support for him since he started here.

#24 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

this is the troll job to end all troll jobs - it's almost like he's taunting the entire organization and fanbase with these comments. the truth is, the vast majority of devils fans still love marty and think he's great and are probably heartbroken to hear this kind of thing. is he so thick to think that the many posters here who know he's hot garbage are in the minority when it comes to devils fans in general?

this

seems as if your everyday fan doesnt get that hes the worst now

he fvcked this whole season imo, too much dramarama

edit: still a legend and the best imo

Edited by lazer, 27 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

I've always been a fan of Brodeur. Back when I played in the long long ago, I always tried to had equipment and sticks like his, tried to use his style, all that. But even I hope he's gone after this year, for the good of everyone. For him, for us fans, for Cory, for the Devils. It's just better for everyone involved except for whatever team thinks he can play more than 20 games next year.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Sean Avery is still a douche.

Edited by Mike Brown, 27 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#27 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Well Brodeur has done. He's made it so they can't retire his jersey the season after he retires. Need some time now because he's acting like a huge douche in the press

#28 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Why did you remove the link? 

Avery just destroyed Marty on Twitter.

Sean Avery ‏@imseanavery 1h

Embarrassing is when u sleep with the #Nanny and get caught smiles.gif

#29 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

He couldn't have teed that one up any easier.  

Given how much he's been running his mouth it's actually pretty funny seeing Avery put him in his place.  Ugh, did I really just write that?  :yucky:

#30 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'll defend Marty for being upset about not getting a lot of playing time.

I'll defend Marty when he plays poorly.

I can't defend Marty for his recent antics.  When did Marty become such an egotistical douche?  In years past, he was always good at saying the right things to reporters. But he's done nothing but stick his foot in his mouth time after time after time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but fvck YOU Marty!?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#31 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

He couldn't have teed that one up any easier.  

Given how much he's been running his mouth it's actually pretty funny seeing Avery put him in his place.  Ugh, did I really just write that?  :yucky:

Yea Marty got what he deserved, but Sean Avery could have actually showed some restraint.  Not defending what Marty said in the slightest, but it's not like Marty said this on twitter out of the blue.  He was asked by a reporter, and we don;t know how much of the comment was sarcasm and whatnot.

Regardless, both are acting like children.  Difference is Sean has that reputation while Marty never did.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,774 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

For many years Marty has been saying comments that were quite egotistical and have many times try to avoid responsibility and point fingers at other players when he should have pointed them at himself.  A lot of those were swept under the rug because he and the rest of the team were winning.  Now that he is no longer winning like he used it and is way past his prime, these comments are now becoming more and more obvious to even his bigger defenders.

This is why I have said before a few times while I appreciate Marty for what he has done for the Devils over the years, he personally is still not even in my personal top 15 or 20 all-time favorite Devils players.

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

Honestly the only thing seperating Marty from Favre is at least Favre didn't constantly talk about going to the Vikings while he was a Jet, even though the whole world already knew that's where he really wanted to go.

All this crap is making it much harder to root for the team itself...honestly as fans we're all caught between a rock and a hard place right now because of Marty. Having the team win means more Marty games which puts us closer to Cory demanding a trade and us holding the bag when Marty finally does retire, after another season of two holding our nose at his declining play.

Not to mention I'm wondering if Marty really does have one foot out the door why is Lou and company letting him get away with this overt insubordination?  The only reason you let him get away with this is if you're kissing his azz to try to keep him.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 March 2014 - 03:07 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#34 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

He should focus on dropping less names and not dropping so many pucks.

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I'll defend Marty for being upset about not getting a lot of playing time.
I'll defend Marty when he plays poorly.

I can't defend Marty for his recent antics.  When did Marty become such an egotistical douche?  In years past, he was always good at saying the right things to reporters. But he's done nothing but stick his foot in his mouth time after time after time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but fvck YOU Marty!?

Thats a fact... You only see people's true colour when things are bad. Why would he say anything before? He was playing 70+ games. So as long he was happy, everything was fine. Now we see how selfish he really is
Whats frustrating is that eventhough hes pulling off those antics, deboer and lou still gives him bunch of starts while we should CLeARLY try to make cory happy

www.SterioDesign.com

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

Honestly the only thing seperating Marty from Favre is at least Favre didn't constantly talk about going to the Vikings while he was a Jet, even though the whole world already knew that's where he really wanted to go.

All this crap is making it much harder to root for the team itself...honestly as fans we're all caught between a rock and a hard place right now because of Marty. Having the team win means more Marty games which puts us closer to Cory demanding a trade and us holding the bag when Marty finally does retire, after another season of two holding our nose at his declining play.

Not to mention I'm wondering if Marty really does have one foot out the door why is Lou and company letting him get away with this overt insubordination?  The only reason you let him get away with this is if you're kissing his azz to try to keep him.

No, Schneider's not demanding a trade.  Brodeur is leaving.  He wants to leave and so he is going.  More wins can only be good.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

What could they do, though? Everyone knows it's a lame duck period. They are letting him talk as he walks out the door. No point fighting him. Lou knows he's frustrated and probably scared of the fact that he's done.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

No, Schneider's not demanding a trade.  Brodeur is leaving.  He wants to leave and so he is going.  More wins can only be good.

But if he's leaving why are they letting him call the shots and be a public nuisance?  I know he's too big for them to call on the carpet but they can do one thing to punish him - not play him.  Not only are they not sitting him, they're bending over backwards finding excuses to play him.   You don't do that for a guy you want to be gone at the end of the season.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 March 2014 - 03:21 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

What could they do, though? Everyone knows it's a lame duck period. They are letting him talk as he walks out the door. No point fighting him. Lou knows he's frustrated and probably scared of the fact that he's done.

They could have traded him and ended this nonsense.  Or told him he's being benched if he doesn't stfu.

#40 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,919 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

But if he's leaving why are they letting him call the shots and be a public nuisance?  I know he's too big for them to call on the carpet but they can do one thing to punish him - not play him.  Not only are they not sitting him, they're bending over backwards finding excuses to play him.   You don't do that for a guy you want to be gone at the end of the season.

It's a very weird situation. I mean if we were 5 points up on a playoff spot nobody would pay much attention to him starting tonight. But we are desperate for every point. And Pete's lame ass excuse tonight is that he's playing the goalie who's not tired? Our last game was SUNDAY!?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users