Brodeur Article, name dropping where he might want to play, reveals wh

'7'

They didn't mention wanting to play for the Devils. Marty didn't mention wanting to play for the Devils. His two kids didn't mention wanting to play for the Devils.

..fans have come to terms with the fact that he's gone come July 1st.. but please, stop acting like the merry widow anytime\everytime someone sticks a microphone in your face. There's 9 games left in this circus of a season after tonight. Please, for the sake of everyone.. SHUT THE FVCK UP, and go through the motions!

..yet, that didn't stop them from showing Schneider the bench early on in the season.. when he was losing games, but playing well. The fact is, Cory's on a winning streak and Marty's lost 3 in-a-row.

Sorry but everything in that article is an "if" or "maybe".  He was happy to not have been traded and said so.  He won't think about anything until mid summer.  That is all I got out of it.  Never said he didn't want to play for the Devils.  That is how I read the article.  It was no big deal of an article imo.

Sorry but everything in that article is an "if" or "maybe".  He was happy to not have been traded and said so.  He won't think about anything until mid summer.  That is all I got out of it.  Never said he didn't want to play for the Devils.  That is how I read the article.  It was no big deal of an article imo.

Does he have to start throwing out team names, even if it's through his kids?  Or talk about next season?  Fans don't want to hear this stuff right now.  I usually don't get as upset with Marty and his quotes as many people do, but like I said, he can talk about his future all he wants in a few weeks.  Talking about next season and other teams is going to rub just about everyone the wrong way at a time like this.   

Context...you can't dismiss every single allusion Marty's made to wanting a change this year or wanting to play more as coincidence or something invented by the reporter.  Of course he was happy not to be traded now that he's STARTING again - he was ranting about a trade in a passive-agressive way before the deadline.

If he was that happy to be here though he wouldn't be openly talking about going to other teams while we're in a playoff hunt.

Does he have to start throwing out team names, even if it's through his kids?  Or talk about next season?  Fans don't want to hear this stuff right now.  I usually don't get as upset with Marty and his quotes as many people do, but like I said, he can talk about his future all he wants in a few weeks.  Talking about next season and other teams is going to rub just about everyone the wrong way at a time like this.   

Context...you can't dismiss every single allusion Marty's made to wanting a change this year or wanting to play more as coincidence or something invented by the reporter.  Of course he was happy not to be traded now that he's STARTING again - he was ranting about a trade in a passive-agressive way before the deadline.

If he was that happy to be here though he wouldn't be openly talking about going to other teams while we're in a playoff hunt.

So are you 2 telling me that I am not allowed my own opinion/perspective?  You are correct and I am wrong???  Both of you, and others, can see it anyway you please.  I haven't criticized anyone.  I just stated how I read the article.  If that is a problem, it is your problem not mine. :glare:

The masses have spoken.  Agree with them or be prepared to be ostracized. Dare not feel free to think and post.  That is a no-no.  Between this and the constant calling out of selected posters, I am really starting to hate this place. :angry:

So are you 2 telling me that I am not allowed my own opinion/perspective?  You are correct and I am wrong???  Both of you, and others, can see it anyway you please.  I haven't criticized anyone.  I just stated how I read the article.  If that is a problem, it is your problem not mine. :glare:

The masses have spoken.  Agree with them or be prepared to be ostracized. Dare not feel free to think and post.  That is a no-no.  Between this and the constant calling out of selected posters, I am really starting to hate this place. :angry:

I would suggest not go to HF because it's far worse over there.  People get infracted just for having a different opinion over there.

And nobody was criticizing you either, or at least not the two posts you quoted.  Disagreeing with your perspective does not equal criticizing you for having one.  You may look at this specific article one way, I was just pointing out in the context of the 9234 other articles where Marty's made comments it all adds up to where it's not innocuous.  We were both (me and CR) criticizing Marty, period.  But that doesn't seem to be allowed either atm.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I just wish any of the reporters that keep asking Brodeur over and over about (at the time) his deadline status or for next season...have the balls to actually ask a real question:

Why would you want to leave New Jersey?

Would you be comfortable returning as Cory's backup?

What's most important for you next season. being on a good team or having a chance to compete for a starting job?

Did you ask Lou to be traded?

If you were to return next season to NJ, do you think it be healthy for you and Cory?

Do/Did you think there was a better situation out there than you have in NJ?

And nobody was criticizing you either, or at least not the two posts you quoted.  Disagreeing with your perspective does not equal criticizing you for having one.  You may look at this specific article one way, I was just pointing out in the context of the 9234 other articles where Marty's made comments it all adds up to where it's not innocuous.  We were both (me and CR) criticizing Marty, period.  But that doesn't seem to be allowed either atm.

:o Ok c'mon 4978, just look at about any thread on NJDEVs and tell me if that's true. My recommendation is to start with the gameday thread from today's game.

I just wish any of the reporters that keep asking Brodeur over and over about (at the time) his deadline status or for next season...have the balls to actually ask a real question:

What's most important for you next season. being on a good team or having a chance to compete for a starting job?

If you were to return next season to NJ, do you think it be healthy for you and Cory?

2,3,4, and 6 have all been asked, at least in some way. Question 1 is purposeless, it's akin to asking him to say something bad about NJ. Question 5 has the same problem but in regards to Cory. Again, you're taking this too far.

Where did I tell you that you were wrong?  I didn't.  I was having a dialogue with you, explaining why I think Marty's in the wrong.  I didn't chastise or criticize you one bit.  For someone who I think is in her 60s, you come off sounding like a teenager here...you're reading/interpreting what you want to and not reading what was actually said.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

:o Ok c'mon 4978, just look at about any thread on NJDEVs and tell me if that's true. My recommendation is to start with the gameday thread from today's game.

I was specifically talking about the individual poster response, not the board as a whole.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Haha fat chance. No one will ask those questions. No one has the stones to.

Haha fat chance. No one will ask those questions. No one has the stones to.

Some of them will be probably be answered by Marty himself next season.  He'll be asked plenty of questions about NJ and what happened here if he's on another team next season (and it seems like this is how it's going to play out).  His .914 save% in March (8 starts) and .925 in his last five games probably has him not only convinced that he still has something left, but also convinced that he was misused here and could've done this all season if he had been given 60+ starts to show it. 

It's just a guess, but I think in this offseason, once he puts on his new jersey, he'll blame everything on everyone without really naming names and getting too detailed, but he'll give you just enough that you'll get the jist of how he really felt. 

I may be wrong but how many people are there that feel this way?

You'd be shocked man. A lot of "fans" of this team really have no idea what's going on. They think Marty is better than Cory. You should've seen the outrage from casual fans that Lou was thinking about trading Marty. Calling it a slap in the face and that they'd never go to another game even though Marty was the one who wanted out and ASKED to be traded. Bottom line, a lot of people who are fans and come to games are pretty clueless.

Edited by PWW

FWIW, that's not the tone I got from their responses -- they argued against your perspective, but that's what we're here for. I didn't see it as personal.

I think that this place has turned a little more "HF" over the past couple of years and it's getting to some of the older members who like this place because it's not like HF. 

Or maybe it's just that this sh!tty season and some of the decisions being made has everyone on edge.

I think that this place has turned a little more "HF" over the past couple of years and it's getting to some of the older members who like this place because it's not like HF. 

Or maybe it's just that this sh!tty season and some of the decisions being made has everyone on edge.

I think it's the bolded.  This has been a tough year, especially since this team keeps doing just enough to keep people hoping.  No one has been able to emotionally disconnect yet. 

Frustration has definitely set in for a few of us over the past few years.

A part of me almost wishes the Devils would get mathematically eliminated already, so we can all just step back and appreciate what's left.  I'd never root against the Devils..but it would definitely alleviate some of that frustration.

Brodeur is revealing himself to be as immature and selfish as Avery was.  Both children in their own right.

Yeah I think its a little bit of both. I read HF to get the different perspectives, but I don't post because I'd go insane if I did with some of the posters over there. But I also think the general ineptitude of the organization the last couple years, coupled with the Parise and Kovalchuk departures and the Broduer/Schneider madness, and the team's sh!tty play, has combined to put everyone more on edge than usual.

I think it's the bolded.  This has been a tough year, especially since this team keeps doing just enough to keep people hoping.  No one has been able to emotionally disconnect yet. 

Agreed. The other thing is it just seems like no progress is being made. Like, I can't even find silver linings in this season and it feels like we're just spinning our wheels so I'm sure others feel the same. We get a new franchise goalie and don't use him like one. We keep our top prospect in the minors in favor of guys way past their prime. We sit our young guys for seemingly no reason and ruin their confidence. I mean, yes, Merrill looks great but it'd be nice to see the team make a bit more progress. Instead they go to the same dried up well over and over (shootout choices, Marty, Sal, CBGB).