63 replies to this topic

#61 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Ownership needs to talk with Lou about the GM succession plan. That's a must before everything else. Hearing rumors of McPhee possibly coming here if he gets axed in DC.

Deboer likely survives but he should be put on notice next year. Some change is necessary at forward still. The mix just isn't good enough and cohesive.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#62 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ownership needs to talk with Lou about the GM succession plan. That's a must before everything else. Hearing rumors of McPhee possibly coming here if he gets axed in DC.

Deboer likely survives but he should be put on notice next year. Some change is necessary at forward still. The mix just isn't good enough and cohesive.

Agreed on both. The team needs to decide what's going to happen after Lou, especially after a couple of disappointing seasons (not sure if it's Lou's fault entirely, but needs to at least be considered). I think DeBo has done enough with bad rosters to earn another year, but at some point, the coach needs to be accountable, and he's certainly made mistakes.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#63 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

The problem as I see it.

50% The management (Lou) This team roster is sh!tty and our best area (defense IMO) is average too what you can see on good teams in this league. The contracts given to some players are dumb and have been pretty obviously so from the moment they were signed. You can add to this the acceptance of average results or mediocrity as Brodeur would say. While this roster is no gold mine, there seem to be no real moves in the right direction (apart from Schneider) being made or at least tried. We have seen in the last couple of seasons teams with ridiculous rosters come up with deals that significantly improved their rosters, but we seem to be always happy to say '' no we don't have the pieces to trade for this or that guy''. Alex Hemsky was acquired for a 3rd and 5th round pick and while he may not be a savior for the Senator, I think he is much better than 50% of the garbage we are dressing every night on our top 2 lines. 

30% or maybe less The coaching. While he have been good for us in the Stanley cup run. He is stubborn and is willing to repeat the same mistakes over and over again thinking that something is going to magically change. Gelina is 3rd in terms of points among rookie Defense-men, with 15 games less than the 2 guys ahead of him. Why do you have to put him in and out of the lineup so many times ? Its either you play the guy or put him back in the AHL. Apart from stupid decisions like this one and playing Brodeur so much I can't really say anything more than that since the guy has been given sh!t to work with. 

20% The players themselves who are also accepting this sh!t and seem to disappear every fvcking night. How many times did we blow a fvcking lead this season ? Do you need fvcking coaching to keep a lead ? Total lack of effort and personality by most of the roster. Not a single time team stood up and managed to win a shootout. A single shootout ! Too much !!! What kind of locker room is  this sh!t ?

Edited by SS-SS, 09 April 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#64 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

The problem as I see it.

50% The management (Lou) This team roster is sh!tty and our best area (defense IMO) is average too what you can see on good teams in this league. The contracts given to some players are dumb and have been pretty obviously so from the moment they were signed. You can add to this the acceptance of average results or mediocrity as Brodeur would say. While this roster is no gold mine, there seem to be no real moves in the right direction (apart from Schneider) being made or at least tried. We have seen in the last couple of seasons teams with ridiculous rosters come up with deals that significantly improved their rosters, but we seem to be always happy to say '' no we don't have the pieces to trade for this or that guy''. Alex Hemsky was acquired for a 3rd and 5th round pick and while he may not be a savior for the Senator, I think he is much better than 50% of the garbage we are dressing every night on our top 2 lines.

30% or maybe less The coaching. While he have been good for us in the Stanley cup run. He is stubborn and is willing to repeat the same mistakes over and over again thinking that something is going to magically change. Gelina is 3rd in terms of points among rookie Defense-men, with 15 games less than the 2 guys ahead of him. Why do you have to put him in and out of the lineup so many times ? Its either you play the guy or put him back in the AHL. Apart from stupid decisions like this one and playing Brodeur so much I can't really say anything more than that since the guy has been given sh!t to work with.

20% The players themselves who are also accepting this sh!t and seem to disappear every fvcking night. How many times did we blow a fvcking lead this season ? Do you need fvcking coaching to keep a lead ? Total lack of effort and personality by most of the roster. Not a single time team stood up and managed to win a shootout. A single shootout ! Too much !!! What kind of locker room is this sh!t ?

The Devils do not have any bad contracts, which I consider contracts that hamstring you from making other realistic moves that would help the team, either in the present or down the road. Over the course of the past two years, the team lost it's two best scorers and still would have made the playoffs had the better goalie gotten more starts. Yes, that situation is partly on Lou, partly on DeBoer, but sh!t happens sometimes. Let's go through teams and see how well they would be doing in a similar situation, Ducks lose Perry and Getzlaf, Penguins lose Crosby and Malkin, Rags lose Nash and Stepan, Caps lose Ovechkin and Backstrom, Sharks lose Thonton and Couter, Kings lose just Kopitar and say Brown. The only team that has managed to survive something like that is Detroit, but they're really in a class by themselves.

There will be plenty of time for post mortems, and the like, but, assuming some very realistic personnel decisions (not signing Marty, signing Jagr) I'm actually fairly optimistic about the team's prospects for next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users