I believe in our boys until we are mathematically eliminated

Renato Rodrigues

Yes we are 0-10 in the shootouts and yes we have lost two of them in a row and our playoff hopes are fading. But, lets rally for the team guys, I know we don't have the best players this year or any momentum but we have to help the team try and get to the promised land. So if your going to be at the next few games or watching at home (like me) and/or checking phone for updates due to work (me as well), we can't give up on this team yet. SO LETS RALLY!!!!!! LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!

Here's a rallying video of upbeat and excitement for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoYqBn9jPmI

Edited by Renato Rodrigues

89 points gives us an unlikely chance.

90 points gives us a decent chance.

91 points gives us a good chance.

92 points gives us a very good chance.

93 points gives us a great chance.

All it takes is one hot streak.  This team is due a hot streak, and there is enough talent on this team to get on such a hot streak.  

If Pete keeps his lineup in tact for a change, and they find their groove, they can do this.  Part of the reason this team has not found any consistency is because he's constantly changing up lines and defensive pairings.  Pete also needs to run with Cory.

What's the difference? After losing 2 in a row and being 5 points back with 9 games to play, no I don't believe this team will make it. I love them, I'll watch every game and cheer like bloody hell, but no- I don't believe we'll make it. This team has done nothing all season to prove that they have a 4-5 game win streak in their capabilities. They lost to the islanders yesterday in a must-win. The ISLANDERS. I love the team, but hell fcking no I don't believe in them.

Remember, don't look at how many points back we are.  That's not how it works.  All 4 teams that we're fighting with have more winning to do before they can call themselves playoff teams.  82 points is just not gonna be enough.  All it takes is one cold streak from one of them, and one hot streak by us, and we're golden.

Honestly it's to the point where even if Detroit and Columbus lost EVERY game I'd think we'd still find a way to **** it up.

If Pete actually plays his best lineup and actually keeps the line combinations in tact, then it wouldn't be such a problem!  But no!  He has to constantly fvck up any kind of chemistry the team has by fvcking up the lines!

CR76 brought up the 88 Devils.  That team was 28-34-5 after 67 games.  I doubt a single fan at the time could ever predict the 10-2-1 run they went on to squeak into the playoffs.  Well this team just has to go 6-1-1 to have a chance, and 7-1-0 to clinch.  With the way the year has gone, not one sane fan would predict it.  But it's certainly possible.

Edited by Mike Brown

I literally don't want them to make it at this point because I feel like that will earn Pete an extension. I'm not convinced he doesn't get one even missing the playoffs, but if they make it I think he's definitely back and I don't know if I can handle his sh!t for another year.

And that's fair but that was a younger team learning to play the game that added Sean Burke from the Olympic team down the stretch, and he got on a roll.  This is an older team that's been stuck in the mud for most of two seasons now.

True, but I don't think this team is any less hungry.

I was waiting for the inevitable 'rally' thread lmfao.

The whole point of being a fan is to be delusional.  Otherwise it's not any fun.

I literally don't want them to make it at this point because I feel like that will earn Pete an extension. I'm not convinced he doesn't get one even missing the playoffs, but if they make it I think he's definitely back and I don't know if I can handle his sh!t for another year.

Yea his lineup decisions are just awful.  I think he overcoaches too much.

That's not how it works? That's exactly how it works. Not everyone is as blindly optimistic as you are.

I'm not being blindly optimistic.  I'm being realistic.

It's not realistic to expect 82 points to be enough points to make it in.  Every team that has fewer than 90 points has to win more games before saying they're a playoff team.  With that comes a possibility of any of those teams falling off the cliff just like Toronto.

The Rags, Flyers, Blue Jackets, Leafs, Wings, Caps have more winning to do before they can call themselves playoff teams.  Any one of those teams can slump which would give an opening for any team outside looking in.

Look I'm not hating on you, because it's much better than being on the other side of the coin. But this message says everything about you

And if you think I'm being optimistic in any way, you've got me all wrong.  I'm not saying we're gonna make the playoffs.  I'm just saying there's a chance.

I'm not being blindly optimistic.  I'm being realistic.

It's not realistic to expect 82 points to be enough points to make it in.  Every team that has fewer than 90 points has to win more games before saying they're a playoff team.  With that comes a possibility of any of those teams falling off the cliff just like Toronto.

The Rags, Flyers, Blue Jackets, Leafs, Wings, Caps have more winning to do before they can call themselves playoff teams.  Any one of those teams can slump which would give an opening for any team outside looking in.

And if you think I'm being optimistic in any way, you've got me all wrong.  I'm not saying we're gonna make the playoffs.  I'm just saying there's a chance.

And all those teams you mentioned don't have to beat the odds and put together a winning streak that is completely the opposite of what has been the status quo all season.

This team who has lost to the islanders, who is 0-10 in shootouts and who hasnt won more than 2 in a row this season "only" has to go 7-1 to clinch. Okay, kid.

We didn't lose to the Islanders.  We lost in a shootout which is completely different.  Wanna know who did lose to the Isles?  The Blue Jackets.  Bottom line is nobody ever sees a hot streak coming.  So simply predicting it's not gonna happen is just taking the easy way out.

And all those teams you mentioned don't have to beat the odds and put together a winning streak that is completely the opposite of what has been the status quo all season.

The Leafs have to beat the odds.  They have a 6% chance at getting in, and they have 80 points.  To put this into perspective, the Devils have a better chance at making it than the Leafs with fewer points.

Edited by Mike Brown

We didn't lose to the Islanders. We lost in a shootout which is completely different. Wanna know who did lose to the Isles? The Blue Jackets. Bottom line is nobody ever sees a hot streak coming. So simply predicting it's not gonna happen is just taking the easy way out.

The Leafs have to beat the odds. They have a 6% chance at getting in, and they have 80 points. To put this into perspective, the Devils have a better chance at making it than the Leafs with fewer points.

Doesn't matter when Columbus and Detroit are both 5 points ahead of us. Its over.

It absolutely matters when they still need to win more games in order to make the playoffs.  What happens if they follow in the Leafs' footsteps?

So now you are banking on 3 teams going on historical losing streaks and the Devils suddenly going on their hottest streak of the year. And while doing this, you are claiming to be "realistic". 

So now you are banking on 3 teams going on historical losing streaks and the Devils suddenly going on their hottest streak of the year. And while doing this, you are claiming to be "realistic". 

Nope, just saying it's possible.  Also it wouldn't take a monumental collapse by some of these teams.  For two of these teams, if they fall into like a 3-4-1 stretch, they're screwed.

89 points or fewer, you're on the outside looking in most likely.  90 points gives you a better than 50% chance at making it.

Detroit: 3-4-1 or worse to miss; 3-3-2 or better to make it

Toronto: 4-1-1 or worse to miss; 4-0-2 or better to make it

NY Rangers: 1-5-1 or worse to miss; 1-4-2 or better to make it

Philadelphia: 2-7-0 or worse to miss; 2-6-1 or better to make it

Columbus: 3-4-1 or worse to miss; 3-3-2 or better to make it

Washington: 4-3-1 or worse to miss; 4-2-2 or better to make it

New Jersey: 6-2-0 or worse to miss; 6-1-1 or better to make it

Hahahahahaha MB, telling us how its 'doable'. Tell ya what, here's a bet- if the Devils don't make the playoffs, you have to stop posting. Since you're so confident they will, I figure you'll take this bet no prob.

I'm not saying they will make the playoffs.  Not once did I say it.

Edited by Mike Brown

I've never seen someone fight so vehemently to prove something they don't believe in.

• Like 1