138 replies to this topic

#41 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

MB has managed to post 11 times on 2 pages. Well done, I don't think I've seen that one before.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#42 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

What, exactly are you saying then?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We have a shot at making the playoffs.  Nothing more, nothing less.

It's like MB was secretly waiting for this thread and then EXPLODE! It's either that or well...he was starting to cut the 'doable' bullsh!t but he just WASN'T gonna be outdone by Renato Rodrigues in level of fandom and so here he is, showing us that he's the true number one fan.

Fixed.

I'm doing no such thing.

uh ok so apparently mike brown is not the only person who does drugs here.... give it up my god.

It's not unrealistic to say we can make the playoffs.

MB has managed to post 11 times on 2 pages. Well done, I don't think I've seen that one before.

Bottom line when people try so hard to not sound like a homer that they always play the "doom and gloom" card, they're not being very realistic.  It's called being the anti homer.

It's still a realistic possibility for this team to make the playoffs.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#43 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

It is unrealstic when this dog sh!t team can't win 3 fvcking games in a row!

#44 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

mb seriously quit while your ahead everyone here has just had enough of you... can we make a poll and if everyone agrees just ban this guy so no one has to read his crap.. hes a chronic thread clogger there should be some rule against that
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#45 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

It's hardly worth saying, but it simply is not our year this year. The offense has not produced, and the defense is still years away from reaching its potential.

Also, there has not been a stretch this year where the team has won consistently. There's no reason to believe that they would magically go on a hot streak, just because they're "due." Buffalo is probably due for a hot streak, too in that case.

I've already accepted it. The Devils will almost definitely not be in the playoffs this year. I'll still support them, and still watch their remaining games, but now it's time to look ahead. Let's hope Lou can make some changes this offseason.

#46 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

It's still a realistic possibility for this team to make the playoffs.

I'm not getting into a debate with you again, but no it's not.

It's something that could occur if the stars align, but it's not realistic to think there's any real chance of it happening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118, 30 March 2014 - 02:02 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#47 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

I'm not getting into a debate with you again, but no it's not. It's something that could occur if the stars align, but it's not realistic to think there's any real chance of it happening. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You're thinking of likely vs unlikely.  I'm thinking realistic vs unrealistic.  Something that is unlikely of happening can still be realistic.  To say we don't have a realistic possibility of making the playoffs is completely wrong.  What you mean to say is that it's unlikely we'll make the playoffs which is fine.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#48 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

You're thinking of likely vs unlikely. I'm thinking realistic vs unrealistic. Something that is unlikely of happening can still be realistic. To say we don't have a realistic possibility of making the playoffs is completely wrong. What you mean to say is that it's unlikely we'll make the playoffs which is fine.

No, you've confused possible and impossible. It is possible to make the playoffs. It is not realistic.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#49 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

nvm.  Not worth it.  You win Dan. 

Edited by Mike Brown, 30 March 2014 - 02:58 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#50 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

If Pete actually plays his best lineup and actually keeps the line combinations in tact, then it wouldn't be such a problem!  But no!  He has to constantly fvck up any kind of chemistry the team has by fvcking up the lines!

He hasn't done that for 95percent of the season. At a certain point your optimism is just plain ignorance. This team isn't going on a run.

#51 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

No, you've confused possible and impossible. It is possible to make the playoffs. It is not realistic.

Don't bite on the semantics lure.  

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#52 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

He hasn't done that for 95percent of the season. At a certain point your optimism is just plain ignorance. This team isn't going on a run.

I'm not being optimistic.  For the love of god.  I have never said we're gonna go on a run.  I never said we were gonna make the playoffs.  What I am saying is that it's still possible.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#53 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

I'm not being optimistic.  For the love of god.  I have never said we're gonna go on a run.  I never said we were gonna make the playoffs.  What I am saying is that it's still possible.

Oh is it possible? I had no idea.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#54 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Oh is it possible? I had no idea.

Well someone else said it wasn't possible.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#55 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

:headless chicken:

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#56 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

This board is starting to stress me out way more than it should

#57 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

hehehe MB. You ARE being optimistic.

Any way, I don't believe they'll make it but I have hope. By Friday we'll know for sure. A 3.9% got us Larsson so why not a 20%+ chance?

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#58 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Alright so im very very curious here... If you guys had to either

a) sit at a table with me for 2 hours and talk about Lou not trying hard enough to keep his players

Or

b) sit a a table with Mike Brown for 2 hours and talk about our chances of making the playoffs...

Theres no options to shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun... Its one or the other... What do you pick?

www.SterioDesign.com

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,349 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

a) sit at a table with me for 2 hours and talk about Lou not trying hard enough to keep his players

Or

b) sit a a table with Mike Brown for 2 hours and talk about our chances of making the playoffs...

Theres no options to shoot yourself in the mouth with a shotgun... Its one or the other... What do you pick?

I shoot myself in the head.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#60 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Or

Become a Rangers fan.

not srs

semi srs

Edited by PWW, 30 March 2014 - 08:15 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users