138 replies to this topic

#81 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

The last time I said the Devils had no shot was in 2000, when we were down 3-0 to the Flyers in the playoffs. they proved me wrong and won a Cup.

Every time I feel myself counting them out, I remember that time I gave up and I tell myself its not over yet.

That's being a true fan.

We were down 3-1; we had two hall of fame defenseman and the best goalie in the world. One of these things is not like the other.

I'm not saying I gave up, but people are "expecting" them to magically win 7 out of 8 they're delusional and are going to be royally disappointed.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#82 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Someone would get arrested.

EDIT: I would get arrested

Nobody said it'd be civil!

#83 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

All it takes is one hot streak.  This team is due a hot streak, and there is enough talent on this team to get on such a hot streak.  

No there isn't.  As a die-hard Devils fan, that's the hardest thing for me to admit, but it's the truth, and it's the truth, and it needs to be said.

#84 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

My range (most bearable to least):

Sterio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MBrown >>>>>>> Par99 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SatansDevils

Does SatansDevils post here anymore?  I don't really remember his name much (if at all) in my 4 years on here.

#85 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Does SatansDevils post here anymore?  I don't really remember his name much (if at all) in my 4 years on here.

He's been inactive for well over a year. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#86 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

He hasn't been around much since 'New Kovy Update' when he was basically chased off the boards.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#87 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

I still believe. Despite the squandered opportunities, we can be 1 point out of a playoff spot in roughly 36 hours.

We've done "enough" (albiet they helped) to be able to catch Wsh and Tor by our own power. Now we just need to catch Det or Clb.

#88 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

He hasn't been around much since 'New Kovy Update' when he was basically chased off the boards.

Wait, what happened with that?  I looked him up on here and his last post was from Feb of 2013 when he was posting about autograph signings.

I really do not remember this lol.

#89 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Wait, what happened with that?  I looked him up on here and his last post was from Feb of 2013 when he was posting about autograph signings.

I really do not remember this lol.

Yea, he's been around but nothing to his pre-2010 level. He had a bad habit of pretending he has inside sources who tell him secrets about the Devils. Of course, nothing he ever said was right but that didn't stop him from announcing his accuracy to the whole board and/or flaring up into a rage when anyone called him out. The guy saw himself as the hockey gods' gift to the boards.

#90 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Yea, he's been around but nothing to his pre-2010 level. He had a bad habit of pretending he has inside sources who tell him secrets about the Devils. Of course, nothing he ever said was right but that didn't stop him from announcing his accuracy to the whole board and/or flaring up into a rage when anyone called him out. The guy saw himself as the hockey gods' gift to the boards.

Ah thanks and now it makes sense why I do not remember him lol.  He sounds like a fun dude.

#91 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, and to add to this, his english was.... odd. Every sentence sounded like it was the headline of a newspaper: "No, I Do Not think Parise Will Sign Here. But listen, Because I have Said So many times in the past, It is Very Poissible that he Will Sign here. Parise will Sign Here."

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#92 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yeah, for the second time.  The first was when he repeatedly said with absolute certainty that Gomez will not sign with the Rangers. :lol:

Par99 was another character, but the only thing I can remember about him was when people were posting what lines they would like to see, he listed Rolston twice--as both wingers on the same line.  Rolston-Zubrus-Rolston.

While we're on this topic, anyone still remember djstubbs?  "You can tell Rafalski's leg was broken because of the blood on his ankle jersey."

Edited by devilsfan26, 31 March 2014 - 12:29 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#93 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Ankle jersey....I'd almost forgotten that one.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#94 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Yeah, and to add to this, his english was.... odd. Every sentence sounded like it was the headline of a newspaper: "No, I Do Not think Parise Will Sign Here. But listen, Because I have Said So many times in the past, It is Very Poissible that he Will Sign here. Parise will Sign Here."

Oh wow... that sentence was dead-on how it was. Nicely done!

Also, "my sources tell me that Kovy re-signing is a done deal, announcement any minute."

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 31 March 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#95 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Getting struck by lightning is a realistic POSSIBILITY.  

But getting struck by lightning is NOT a realistic EXPECTATION.

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs?  No.

Is it realistic for the Devils to POSSIBLY make the playoffs? Yes.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#96 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

FOR REAL?

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#97 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

At least he admits he's arguing semantics now.

#98 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs? No.

Did you even think of maybe stopping?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#99 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

You did this one to yourself.

#100 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Oh wow... that sentence was dead-on how it was. Nicely done!

Also, "my sources tell me that Kovy re-signing is a done deal, announcement any minute."

See: my signature

Djstubbs was god's gift to njdevs. YOU ARE NOW LISTENING TO THE SOUNDS OF DJSTUBBS. Bloody ankle jerseys 4 lyfe <3

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users