138 replies to this topic

#101 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

Then there was S-J-P who made everyone call him 'Ken'. Creep.

Edited by Neb00rs, 31 March 2014 - 11:44 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#102 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Getting struck by lightning is a realistic POSSIBILITY.
But getting struck by lightning is NOT a realistic EXPECTATION.

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs? No.
Is it realistic for the Devils to POSSIBLY make the playoffs? Yes.

I dunno man, the more you keep talking, the more I get excited about the POSSIBILITY of you getting struck by lightning.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#103 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

Remember the 2010-2011 season when we had a really bad season and then the team started to stack up wins like they were crazy.

The "One game at a time" statement.

I made a video a this time to get us motivated on the board.

I'll let you enjoy this one more time. I think a playoff spot is possible  this year if they find back what they did in 2010-2011.

edit: There seems to be a problem with the video not showing the correctly and it drives me nut... oh well. I'll try to post it back later... sorry

Edited by Devilzibook, 01 April 2014 - 06:32 AM.

Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#104 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:53 AM

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs?  No.

Your arguments:

E4Rt7.gif

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#105 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Is it realistic to EXPECT the Devils to make the playoffs?  No.

Considering the posts made before this and the topic they were discussing Mike browns above post could not have been more perfectly placed.

I remember SatansDevils, such fun. He improved for a while and people actually let off him, and then he just spiralled out of control again. Same with Par99.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#106 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

We were down 3-1; we had two hall of fame defenseman and the best goalie in the world. One of these things is not like the other.

I'm not saying I gave up, but people are "expecting" them to magically win 7 out of 8 they're delusional and are going to be royally disappointed.

Right, 3-1, not 3-0. 

And true, its not the same kind of team, but I decided that time to not give up until its truly over. Still a lot of games left against bad teams, with any luck, who knows.

#107 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Late to this thread but can't everyone just let the optimists have one thread to themselves without attacking their optimism. I envy mike and the OP for their positive attitude so I won't try to knock them for it.

LGD!

#108 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Late to this thread but can't everyone just let the optimists have one thread to themselves without attacking their optimism. I envy mike and the OP for their positive attitude so I won't try to knock them for it.

LGD!

People don't get annoyed with MB because he's overly optimistic (and according to the quote below, he claims he isn't), it's because he does the same thing over and over again...basically appearing to take a stand, but not really taking one, in a way that gets on members' nerves.  As with any fanbase, there will always be differences of opinion and different ideas and philosophies, but MB is the ONLY member here where the "debates" always devolve into semantics arguments and communication breakdowns.  He is not getting picked on...he brings it on himself just about every time.  

Anyway, I think every time the Devils win, almost everyone feels some level of optimism.  But we know what the Devils have a habit of doing just when the optimism starts to build.  Hopefully tonight it's different. 

No I'm not being optimistic. I'm just not being pessimistic either.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 April 2014 - 03:46 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#109 Renato Rodrigues

Renato Rodrigues

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

Sigh that was a tough one for me to swallow as it was for the rest of the fanbase.....

Of course I'm getting the sense of doubt now because of how inconsistent we are....but I'm just a true fanatic and really can't give up until the mathematics say we can't..... so I guess LGD!

#110 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Sigh that was a tough one for me to swallow as it was for the rest of the fanbase.....

Of course I'm getting the sense of doubt now because of how inconsistent we are....but I'm just a true fanatic and really can't give up until the mathematics say we can't..... so I guess LGD!

It's over, Dude. The quicker you realize that the shorter the fall

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#111 Renato Rodrigues

Renato Rodrigues

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

It's over, Dude. The quicker you realize that the shorter the fall

Hey man, I'm a true fanatic.... im too addicted lmao

#112 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hey man, I'm a true fanatic.... im too addicted lmao

It's not by being over optimistic to the point you're in denial that you're a better fan (by "you're" i don't mean you specifically, i mean in general).

I see a lot of posters being attacked of not being real fans for being down on the team at times or posters thinking they are the real deal simply cause they never give up on the team. I mean yeah we all know you should never give up on your team but at some point you have to take a step back and be able to see when it's over.

www.SterioDesign.com

#113 Renato Rodrigues

Renato Rodrigues

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

It's not by being over optimistic to the point you're in denial that you're a better fan (by "you're" i don't mean you specifically, i mean in general).

I see a lot of posters being attacked of not being real fans for being down on the team at times or posters thinking they are the real deal simply cause they never give up on the team. I mean yeah we all know you should never give up on your team but at some point you have to take a step back and be able to see when it's over.

I agree with you on that and I won't attack posters that give up because I understand the frustration.... Trust me I was down so bad yesterday.... but after what my Yankees did in 04 (choke 3-0 series lead), the impossible can happen so thats why i dont give up

#114 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

I can understand wanting to believe, and there's a part of me that's really hoping, but at this point, it's likely going to take 11-12 points in the next 6 GP to get in.  Add that to the last 5 games, and that means the Devils will have gone either 8-0-3 or 7-0-4 over their final 11 GP.  It's really hard to see them pulling this off.

The only "good" news is one regulation loss will almost definitely kill them.  At that point, I can finally uncouple myself emotionally from what is one of THE most maddening Devils teams in recent memory.

It's funny, last night was their entire damn season in one game.  Another tease, another glimmer of hope, and yet another game where they didn't do quite enough.  This team is forever coming up just short this season...people can point to the shootout futility, and clearly that has hurt them very badly, but there's also the blown-lead games, and the inability to do better against Islander and Sabre-type teams.  As far as this Islanders/Panthers/Sabres threesome went, I was asking for five points.  Of course, they only come up with four.     

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#115 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Agreed. Being irrational and blind to probability does not make anyone a better fan. It just makes you look silly. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#116 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

There's no reason to expect this team to make a strong final push when they've pissed away 4 of 6 points against three of the worst teams in the league in Florida, NY, and Buffalo in the past month. It's embarrassing to think of how many chances/opportunities to pick up ground in the standings that this team has pissed away. They don't deserve the playoffs. And I honestly only feel bad for Jagr. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118, 02 April 2014 - 09:21 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#117 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

There's no reason to expect this team to make a strong final push when they've pissed away 4 of 6 points against two of the teams in the league in Florida and Buffalo. It's embarrassing to think of how many chances/opportunities to pick up ground in the standings that this team has pissed away.

They don't deserve the playoffs. And I honestly only feel bad for Jagr.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You are 100% right, they had a LOT of things break nicely for them, in terms of help, and they've responded by going 10-9-5 in their last 24 and 3-4-3 in their last 10.  Not nearly good enough.  

#30 FOREVER!

#118 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

You are 100% right, they had a LOT of things break nicely for them, in terms of help, and they've responded by going 10-9-5 in their last 24 and 3-4-3 in their last 10.  Not nearly good enough.  

Agree as well.  We don't deserve the playoffs.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#119 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying we don't deserve the playoffs, I mean look at Detroit or Toronto- one of them will get in with less ROW and worse goal differential (right now Detroit is just one better than us but that's due to phantom shootout goals).

#120 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying we don't deserve the playoffs, I mean look at Detroit or Toronto- one of them will get in with less ROW and worse goal differential (right now Detroit is just one better than us but that's due to phantom shootout goals).

Detroit above all deserves the playoffs, missing some of the best players in the world for such extended periods of time and still being competitive every night.    Detroit is going to be the X-factor in the playoffs, especially with Babcock at the helm.

The Maple Laughs will blow this yet.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users