53 replies to this topic

#21 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'd love to see the Devils pick up a guy like Hemsky. I feel like as much as we need help at center, we desperately need help at wing after losing Parise, Kovy and Clarkson. It showed this year.

#22 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,447 posts

Adam Larsson
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#23 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Stasny's dad played here right? Or am I incorrect?

Yup.  Long time ago, but apparently it didn't end on the best of terms.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#24 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Get rid of Salvador and volchenkov, sign Stasny to a long term deal and sign Brian Gionta to a 2 year Lou-like deal with a low-ish cap hit, get rid of Zubrus and re-up Schneider.

I'll jizz myself to sleep.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Yeah MB, Peter Stastny played here in the early 90's for a couple years.

In fact I used to work with a dude who went to elementary school with Paul in Verona.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Stasny's dad played here right? Or am I incorrect?

Um yes.  Peter Stastny played for the Devils from 1989-93

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Stasny would be perfect, providing he didn't kill our cap.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Get rid of Salvador and volchenkov, sign Stasny to a long term deal and sign Brian Gionta to a 2 year Lou-like deal with a low-ish cap hit, get rid of Zubrus and re-up Schneider.

I'll jizz myself to sleep.

Probably will get flak for saying to bring back Gionta but I agree. I checked out his advanced stats a while ago in comparison to Zubrus earlier this year and he blew him away. No one would be expecting him to score 40 goals probably not even 20. But I like the idea of gionta on a short deal

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yup.  Long time ago, but apparently it didn't end on the best of terms.

Had to do with Herb Brooks more than the Devils (publicly called Stastny's contract a heist)...Brooks was gone after one season. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

We will get cap relief from no Marty or Jagr.

Didn't know Vrbata was a UFA. That's the guy they need. Well at least one of the 2 they need.

#31 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Stastny isn't a 30 goal scorer, and never was. I'd take him in a heart beat, but 7 million, did I hear for a low 20 scorer, from a team that's not offensively challenged like us.

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Yeah MB, Peter Stastny played here in the early 90's for a couple years.

In fact I used to work with a dude who went to elementary school with Paul in Verona.

Came over at the deadline for defenseman Craig Wolanin in 1990.  Wolanin was apparently pissed...it was one of those deals that didn't get done until after the deadline had passed, so he went to practice thinking he was still a Devil, but was told shortly after he skated onto the practice rink. 

Sadly, Stastny was on the decline pretty quickly by the time he got here...his Devils numbers don't look too bad until you realize they came during Live Puck, and especially when you compare them to his in-his-prime numbers.  Once he hit 32, he was no longer the same player.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#33 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

[quote name="Devils Pride 26" post="257330" timestamp="1396278552"]

Callahan would be a NIGHTMARE[quote]

No he wouldnt. Top player that would fit our system and like I said, would automatically become our best player the second he walks in the door. And that "hes only got a few years left" is bullsh!t. No validity behind it whatsoever. That what the sour grapes people tried saying about parise and theres ZERO evidence that holding true.

GO. GET. CALLY.

#34 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Would love to see the Devils go after Vrbata. Sniper who shoots a ton and is very durable. Just wish he was a LW so he could be the missing piece on the Jagr/Zajac line. He's definitely a skill player that the Devils sorely need.

Edited by PWW, 31 March 2014 - 03:23 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

#35 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

No he wouldnt. Top player that would fit our system and like I said, would automatically become our best player the second he walks in the door. And that "hes only got a few years left" is bullsh!t. No validity behind it whatsoever. That what the sour grapes people tried saying about parise and theres ZERO evidence that holding true.

GO. GET. CALLY.

Absolutely not, and he would not be our best player. 

Posted Image

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Came over at the deadline for defenseman Craig Wolanin in 1990. Wolanin was apparently pissed...it was one of those deals that didn't get done until after the deadline had passed, so he went to practice thinking he was still a Devil, but was told shortly after he skated onto the practice rink.

Sadly, Stastny was on the decline pretty quickly by the time he got here...his Devils numbers don't look too bad until you realize they came during Live Puck, and especially when you compare them to his in-his-prime numbers. Once he hit 32, he was no longer the same player.

Yep, I remember that trade (granted I was only in 5th grade at the time, but by this time I had already become a certified Devils fanatic lol). I remember feeling bad for Wolanin having to go to Quebec because of how bad they were.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#37 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,552 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

GO. GET. CALLY.

If Callahan is your best player, you are not going to win many games.  He is not a top player, and he never really was, and now he's on the decline.  In addition, since GMs love thinking players like Callahan are top players, he will be massively overpaid.  

Parise's decline will begin - he still hasn't matched his numbers from 08-09 and 09-10.  He's holding up better than I thought he would so far, but he's only played 100 games so far.  Talk to me when he's played 300.

Edited by Triumph, 31 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#38 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

I would love see the Devls sign one of these players

1. Paul Stastny

2.Matt Moulson

3. Radim Vrbata

4.Dustin Penner

5. Alex Hemsky

#39 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Cally our best player? Your out of your mind, Henrique and Elias thank you.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 31 March 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#40 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

No he wouldnt. Top player that would fit our system and like I said, would automatically become our best player the second he walks in the door. 

:o No.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users