All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Tuomo Ruutu ($3.800m) / Paul Stastny ($7.500m) / Jaromir Jagr ($4.000m)
Adam Henrique ($4.000m) / Travis Zajac ($5.750m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.100m)
Ryane Clowe ($4.850m) / Patrik Elias ($5.500m) / Michael Ryder ($3.500m)
Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Jacob Josefson ($0.761m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Andy Greene ($3.000m) / Mark Fayne ($1.300m)
Jon Merrill ($0.840m) / Bryce Salvador ($3.167m)
Eric Gelinas ($0.715m) / Adam Larsson ($0.874m)
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Keith Kinkaid ($0.605m)
BUYOUTS
Johan Hedberg ($0.000m)
Trent Hunter ($0.667m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,266,209; BONUSES: $60,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,833,791

Am I close?

n2eg.jpg

#42 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Jokinen and Michalek are definitely the type of affordable UFAs that would work on this team.

#43 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

If Callahan is your best player, you are not going to win many games. He is not a top player, and he never really was, and now he's on the decline. In addition, since GMs love thinking players like Callahan are top players, he will be massively overpaid.

Parise's decline will begin - he still hasn't matched his numbers from 08-09 and 09-10. He's holding up better than I thought he would so far, but he's only played 100 games so far. Talk to me when he's played 300.

Callahan isnt on the decline hes just gotten hurt. Hes still an instant leader on whatever team he goes to, and a phenomenal all around player. Good point GMs love thinking people like callahan are good players. So the national hockey league general managers are more than likely stupid and you've probably got a better grasp on personnel around the league.................

Youre right we dont need a callahan/lucic/simmonds type player because that doesnt fit our system at all. He would be a terrible fit. Hemsky though, he'd fit right into cycling the puck with board battles.

#44 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Callahan is a poor mans Parise who is going to make similar money I would bet. Those grinder type players never age well. What years and money would you give Callahan?

#45 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

Callahan is a poor mans Parise who is going to make similar money I would bet. Those grinder type players never age well. What years and money would you give Callahan?

Nothing near what the Rags already offered him.  He is a heart and soul guy that is a born leader, but he is not worth anywhere near the money someone (I'm look at you Terry Pegula) will likely throw at him this offseason.  He gets hurt too often based upon his style of play which makes a long term deal very risky.  Plus, he doesn't fill our biggest need which is a goal scorer.  Stastny would be great, but I just don't see him coming here.

Posted Image

#46 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Nothing near what the Rags already offered him. He is a heart and soul guy that is a born leader, but he is not worth anywhere near the money someone (I'm look at you Terry Pegula) will likely throw at him this offseason. He gets hurt too often based upon his style of play which makes a long term deal very risky. Plus, he doesn't fill our biggest need which is a goal scorer. Stastny would be great, but I just don't see him coming here.

The good thing about Stastny is that money won't be what stops him from coming here. If Lou is going to keep the team the same and add a few small pieces - opposed to shaking it up with a big trade - we have money to dish out on a forward and Stastny would be my top target

#47 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Agreed, I don't really see Stasny coming here, or Callahan for that matter.  Vrbata tho? I could see that, another Czech (Score! ALL THE CZECHS) and he'd be a good under the radar pickup. It couldnt be very long term though either, the dude is in his early 30s at least.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#48 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

The minute Callahan left New York, Richards went to the media and spoke about how lacking a leading Callahan actually was.  So this whole 'true leader' crap should be taken with a grain of salt, at best.

Hank is more of a leader on that squad than anyone else.  As far as I'm concerned, Callahan isn't worth half the contract he'll get this summer from some stupid GM.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 01 April 2014 - 10:16 AM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#49 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

The minute Callahan left New York, Richards went to the media and spoke about how lacking a leading Callahan actually was.  So this whole 'true leader' crap should be taken with a grain of salt, at best.

Hank is more of a leader on that squad than anyone else.  As far as I'm concerned, Callahan isn't worth half the contract he'll get this summer from some stupid GM.

I don't know how you could say that. Henrik "I bang my stick against the goal and the boards when we lose and cry about it in the postgame" Lundqvist?

He leads the Rangers (to a good amount of undeserved wins) with his play, but is not a "leader" at all.

#50 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Richards' comments were completely blown out of proportion.  Also, goalies are never team leaders, odd as it might sound.  That's why you only had one goalie named captain in recent memory (Luongo) and it didn't last very long.

Otherwise, "leadership" is overrated, especially if you're talking about what you would pay for free agent.   Sure, you have to be a little wary of someone that has the reputation of being a cancer, but you can go grab a "leader" for a bargain basement price if that's really what you're looking for.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#51 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

the thing about going and getting all the czechs is 3 of them wont be here in about 2 years

edit im not against it.

i like plekanec

big fan of voracek

Edited by lazer, 01 April 2014 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

#52 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

the thing about going and getting all the czechs is 3 of them wont be here in about 2 years

edit im not against it.

i like plekanec

big fan of voracek

Elias will be here after 2 years.  Jagr and Zids, not a chance, or at least I hope they're not still here. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#53 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

The minute Callahan left New York, Richards went to the media and spoke about how lacking a leading Callahan actually was. So this whole 'true leader' crap should be taken with a grain of salt, at best.

Hank is more of a leader on that squad than anyone else. As far as I'm concerned, Callahan isn't worth half the contract he'll get this summer from some stupid GM.

Ughhhh I see you love gossip and tabloid headlines from rags like the post and daily news. Richards said cally wasnt as vocal in the locker room as he thought he should be. Too bad your twisted filth from larry brooks didnt mention how he PLAYED like a leader every shift he took. So by your assesment you like vocal leaders but dont care how they perform on the ice. You must be a HUGE bryce salvador fan then.

He would be a perfect fit for our system and if you cant see that you're 100% lost. If you dont want to give him 6 million okay, I would, but I understand why someone wouldnt want to risk that. He does get hurt a lot. But hey giving cally 6 mil a year is a no brainer compared to giving clowe 5 mil a year.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt, 01 April 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#54 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Player I want most after watching this season? TJ Oshie. Won't take a genius to understand why =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users