65 replies to this topic

#61 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Didn't Merril have a full pro year in the AHL? I mean, Larsson stepped right in from the SEL (forgive me if I get that wrong) as an 18 year old, while Merril played out college and had a year in the AHL to develop I think. Not that it matters really, but my point was that Larsson definitely has the tools and, imo, looked better as an 18 year old rookie than Merril has as a 22 year old rookie.

Like I said, it's not like I'm rooting against Merrill at all. But it just irks me to see people ragging on Larsson when he's shown he's clearly got the potential. He just needs to play and grow. I hope he, Gelinas and Merrill play out the season up here.

Merrill played a total of 26 games in the AHL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#62 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

That picture is hilarious. I've been bitching he shouldn't have been in the AHL since before the Olympics. It's a travesty that it took this long.

815631765.gif

#63 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Larsson isn't slow. He thinks too much and it makes him slow to react at times. Once he calms down he'll be fine. Kids 21 and has all the tools for a long, successful career

#64 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

Larson skate? hah.  Merrill's already 100 times the defensemen Larsson is. I still have hope for Larsson but he'll never be a good skater.  #3 in his last year was a better skater than Larsson is now.

Is this a day late in April.   Larsson has far better long term potential than Merrill.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#65 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

That's debatable.

Is this a day late in April. Larsson has far better long term potential than Merrill.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 03 April 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#66 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Is this a day late in April. Larsson has far better long term potential than Merrill.

Far better? So is Larsson's potential generationally great defenseman or is Merrill's potential 3rd/4th defenseman?

Myself, I have a hard time saying either holds a potential edge long term.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users