23 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

http://www.nj.com/in...rsey_final.html

Our True Jersey bracket is down to the Final Four. One top seed, two No. 2's and a No. 7 have advanced from each of the four brackets: Jersey-lebrities, Sports Figures, Politicians and Entertainers. Cast your vote in the two matchups below to decide who advances to Wednesday's final.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Think I gotta go with Edison...he's not openly wondering through the media if there's another state that will give him more time to invent the lightbulb next year.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

Any poll that considers Bon Jovi to be more Jersey than Bruce Springsteen is dead to me.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#4 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

The two semifinal matchups remind of the 2011 and 1996 Final Fours (men's basketball) - two heavyweights in one semifinal (Edison vs Brodeur), two surprises in the other semifinal (Bon Jovi vs Woodrow Wilson).

Honestly, I'd have to pick Edison over Marty.  I'm much more appalled that Jon Bon Jovi, who frankly sucks and has always sucked (I was a teenager in the late 1980s; I know bad hair metal when I hear it), beat out Bruce Springsteen.

On a more positive note, you have to like how three teams from the same conference Devils members made the tournament and that one of them won his region.  (Additionally, another indirect Devils link, Brendan Byrne, won a game poll in his "region".)

It's too bad traffic circles and jughandles couldn't have made the tournament. :)

Edited by CHIP72, 31 March 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#5 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Think I gotta go with Edison...he's not openly wondering through the media if there's another state that will give him more time to invent the lightbulb next year.

He does have the advantage of being dead though.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#6 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Bon Jovi beat Sinatra and Springsteen?

LOLWUT?!

n2eg.jpg

#7 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Edison invented the lightbulb, and Marty spends tonight turning them on.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#8 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla is enough of a reason to vote for Marty.

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

You win the internet tonight.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Edison is a hack and blatantly stole all of his inventions from tesla. Ok maybe that's exaggeration but the point stands. The man was steadfast in his belief that direct current was better than alternating current, he was 100% about his financial interests, nothing else.

Edit: Squishy beat me to it sorry squish didn't see your post yet.

Edited by dmann422, 31 March 2014 - 08:09 PM.

#11 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Yeah but... How many cups does Edison have?  Besides, Tesla ousted him years ago..

#12 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

Who's financing this smear campaign against Edison ... Denis Brodeur Jr.?

Edited by 95Crash, 31 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#13 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Edison is a hack and blatantly stole all of his inventions from tesla. Ok maybe that's exaggeration but the point stands. The man was steadfast in his belief that direct current was better than alternating current, he was 100% about his financial interests, nothing else.

Edit: Squishy beat me to it sorry squish didn't see your post yet.

I will never forgive you.

#14 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Any poll that considers Bon Jovi to be more Jersey than Bruce Springsteen is dead to me.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#15 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

:hail:

#16 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:59 AM

The ONLY explanation of Bon Jovi beating out Sinatra and Springsteen is that there are a lot of females voting is this competition.  Most women swoon at mere mention of Bon Jovi.  Sinatra is better than both Springsteen and Bon Jovi.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#17 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

It can be argued that he actually wasn't the one who invented the light bulb.  He did however invent the filament which revolutionized the lighting industry.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#18 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

It can be argued that he actually wasn't the one who invented the light bulb.  He did however invent the filament which revolutionized the lighting industry.

So you're saying that there's a realistic possibility that he invented the light bulb, but not a realistic expectation that he did?

#19 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

Pretty sure Edison invented the motion picture and phonograph. Edison is freaking brilliant (no pun intended) Marty is a stupid hockey player. Voting for Marty is akin to voting for Bon Jovi.  

I'm here for the party

#20 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Pretty sure Edison invented the motion picture and phonograph. Edison is freaking brilliant (no pun intended) Marty is a stupid hockey player. Voting for Marty is akin to voting for Bon Jovi.  

This guy is considered to be the pioneer of motion pictures in many circles.  Built the first movie studio and everything:

http://en.wikipedia..../Georges_Méliès

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users