7 replies to this topic

#1 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hey, why not...a Devils hat trick is hard enough to come by, just figured with all the negativity on this board we could use a happy topic. 

He's a funny player, sometimes you forget he is there and sometimes he comes out firing on all cylinders and you know something good is going to happen. 

After he got the second one, I just had this feeling he would not be denied his third. Jagr was certainly trying to feed it to him, but the way he followed his own shot and nailed that last one was a thing of beauty.

So thanks, Travis, and congrats!

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

He's kind of quietly scored 9 goals and added 13 assists in his last 25 GP...obviously, last night bloats the numbers a little bit, but if he becomes a guy who can realistically be counted on for 20+ G and 40+ A or thereabouts again per 82 games or so, I'd happily sign up for that. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Congrats to Zajac indeed!
People like to dog him and say that he's not a top line center, but he is in my book.  He scores, skates hard, reliable on defense.  He's just the man.  The protypical Devils center.  Are there center who are better than Zajac? Yes, but that doesn't mean he can't be our number 1.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#4 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I like Zajac a lot, I just think he makes a tad too much money. 

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,049 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Congrats Travis on your first career hat trick! Btw, does anyone know when the last Devils hat trick was before last night? I honestly can't even remember.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#6 Renato Rodrigues

Renato Rodrigues

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Kovi in 2012 vs isles?

#7 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

He's kind of quietly scored 9 goals and added 13 assists in his last 25 GP...obviously, last night bloats the numbers a little bit, but if he becomes a guy who can realistically be counted on for 20+ G and 40+ A or thereabouts again per 82 games or so, I'd happily sign up for that. 

Indirectly, you already have to the tune of another 7 years. 

In all seriousness, he is epitome of a Devils player.  Not the most skilled, but works hard, is sold in all 3 zones and can play in any situation asked of him.  IMO, he should be the captain of this team.  Happy to see him get the trick last night.  He deserved it.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 01 April 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image

#8 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Kovi in 2012 vs isles?

I don't know if it was against the Isles, but they did say last night that it was in fact Kovy in 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users