309 replies to this topic

#221 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Cory was very good in the shootout...except for the 5-hole goal. He is having issues with that. This one is on the shooters though. Cory did what he had to - more than he had to. Our guys had laughable attempts. WTF was that from Ruutu? He hit the goalie right in the blocker. And then Elias with the 1 MPH fake slapshot move that looks more like something out of a kid's street game. It was a "fvck it I give up" attempt.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#222 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Has Cory ever won a big game? Just checking.

idiot

believe-zubrus.jpg

#223 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Gotta win all 6 to.have a chance which isnt likely. Nothing like watching impratical jokers to forget about this mess of a team

#224 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

3-8 and they're in.  3 and Goddamned 8.  Holy crap.

#225 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

We doubled our shootout goals for the season and still lost.  :mellow:

#226 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Watching this team will directly cause at least 50 people to become alcoholics during the 2013-14 season. This is a pathetic loss.
Posted Image

#227 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

You're an idiot.

You people want CS here for 8 years and 60 million or so, you better hope he's an elite goaltender over 60+ games and not a 33 game elite backup.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#228 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

So cant wait for this season to be over. Pathetic. Beyond pathetic. fvck fire deboer for all I care. This was absolute garbage tonight. Thank god for Cory making some actual SAVES in the shootout but for fvcks sakes what does it take for these bags of sh!t to score a GOAL in the skills contest?????? Thank goodness for at least rooting for the logo on the front rather than the names on the back because some of these guys should seriously be booed right out of our arena. /frustration.

Reality; gosh I can be the most level headed person alive and even THIS team makes me want to put my foot through my TV. Can't wait for the misery to be over soon. Here's to the post-game excuses saying at least we got a point and that we were in it until the very end(!!!)

fvck. This team deserves to be nowhere near the playoffs.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#229 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

We suck! :argh: :argh:

Better luck next year!

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#230 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC fvckING TEAM.  such a disappointment. let us all down, against the fvcking Sabres

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#231 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,058 posts

They should never even been in a shoot-out to begin with. The fact they couldn't beat the fvcking Sabres- the worst team in hockey by a wide margin- in regulation even ONCE this season says a lot. Dropping two out of three to the Islanders and Buffalo with the season on the line is disgraceful.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#232 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

You people want CS here for 8 years and 60 million or so, you better hope he's an elite goaltender over 60+ games and not a 33 game elite backup.

Name another elite 33 game backup who then was awful when he got to start. I'll wait 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#233 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Cory was very good in the shootout...except for the 5-hole goal. He is having issues with that. This one is on the shooters though. Cory did what he had to - more than he had to. Our guys had laughable attempts. WTF was that from Ruutu? He hit the goalie right in the blocker. And then Elias with the 1 MPH fake slapshot move that looks more like something out of a kid's street game. It was a "fvck it I give up" attempt.

It looked like sh!t, but Elias had him beat through the 5 hole. He did exactly what you do on big clown goaltenders who tend to open up the 5 hole. The problem was he did not finish. That was a hell of alot better attempt then the circle wide nonsense he stubbornly uses. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#234 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

I have something to cheer EVERYONE up!!!!!! David Clarkson SCORED tonight!......Oh wait... :tomato:

#235 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

cant believe that, with the season on the line, we couldn't step up and beat the buffalo fvcking sabres.  disappointment is the only word

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#236 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

It looked like sh!t, but Elias had him beat through the 5 hole. He did exactly what you do on big clown goaltenders who tend to open up the 5 hole. The problem was he did not finish. That was a hell of alot better attempt then the circle wide nonsense he stubbornly uses. 

fvck that. He should pick a corner of the net, come in fast and rip it. I won't fault him if he misses. With his shot tonight, he looked like a 5 year old who stubbornly stomps his foot on the ground and whines.

Edited by Neb00rs, 01 April 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#237 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Perfect April fools joke.  They actually scored in the shootout, and ended up losing.

Posted Image Posted Image

#238 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Well, we know what's coming next:

A win against the Caps that has us all feeling a little hopeful.

A loss against the 'Canes that has us all infuriated.

I really hate this team right now.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#239 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

Love that Jagr took one, and scored. THATS leadership.

I love Elias as much as the next guy, but that was a downright pathetic move. Pathetic. He needs to see a shrink and get his sh!t figured out. He's counted on to win games, and he's not doing so.

Bleh. Don't deserve the playoffs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#240 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

No point in this team getting a playoff spot. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they had it.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users