309 replies to this topic

#261 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

If I recall correctly, prior to this evening the devils were 1/35 in shootout attempts, which means now, they're 3/44, correct?

#262 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

It's great they've decided to step it up with plenty of time left

If you don't expect the team to make the playoffs, it's a lot easier to be happy with their slight improvement. "Time left" is an issue you are dealing with, not me.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#263 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

If I recall correctly, prior to this evening the devils were 1/35 in shootout attempts, which means now, they're 3/44, correct?

3-42 dating back to last year

Edited by '7', 01 April 2014 - 10:49 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#264 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Just chew on this for a while. NHL skaters (and Mike Sislo) had 42 attempts to score 1 on 1 breakaways goals against a mix of starting, backup, and AHL goaltenders. In those 42 attempts they scored only 3 times

How would an ECHL or high school team fare? I would think better

yes, definitely better

Edited by '7', 01 April 2014 - 10:51 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#265 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

3-42 dating back to last year

42 attempts or 42 failures?

#266 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

3 goals in 42 attempts

#267 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Funny thing is, per TG they cant score either in practice

www.SterioDesign.com

#268 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Just chew on this for a while. NHL skaters (and Mike Sislo) had 42 attempts to score 1 on 1 breakaways goals against a mix of starting, backup, and AHL goaltenders. In those 42 attempts they scored only 3 times

How would an ECHL or high school team fare? I would think better

yes, definitely better

The problem that people are overlooking, to a lesser extent, is that various Devils shooters over the course of this embarrassment have taken terrible attempts. IMO, this is something that is overlooked in the futility rather then the results. There's just some players who just look clueless, uninterested and beaten as soon as they move the puck from center ice.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#269 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

This is Deboer hockey. They always play like frightened turtles and choke all the time in every way

the culture of choking has to end. Deboer has to go

I want Deboer gone..I've had it. Timid, stubborn, doesn't say sh!t to the refs

Edited by devlman, 02 April 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#270 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

Only thing worse than these clowns in the shootout is having to listen to Chico still calling the games

Nice to see Jagr step up and actually go in the SO, use to make fun of him for not sacking up when he was a Ranger for always taking a pass. Considering the garbage they roll out tike after time he needs to go at least he has somewhat of a clue.

#271 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:52 AM

This is Deboer hockey. They always play like frightened turtles and choke all the time in every way

the culture of choking has to end. Deboer has to go

b4vX7i3.jpg

fvck PDB and his acceptance of losing.. And fvck Lou too.. This sh!t never would have stood years back. Status Quo my ass.

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#272 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:48 AM

I'm on the fence with Deboer. Look at his history of coaching, yes there are chokes and roster mismanagements but for the six years of coaching he only had a talented team one time and they made the Cup Final. The other five seasons he had a lousy group and yet he managed to make them competitive, even somehow getting that Panthers team to 96 points that one season and he somehow managed to get this group within 3 pts of the playoffs. Imagine if the PLAYERS were at least mediocre at the shootout, they would be in the playoffs. What other coach that's available would be able to get this group of players in this position? Not a lot. I love his system for this group of players, I'm afraid of what might happen if that system goes away. If we had more talent on offense then I would agree about a change, but not with this group of forwards. I'll take Deboer back for another year.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#273 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

I want Deboer gone..I've had it. Timid, stubborn, doesn't say sh!t to the refs

No....did you forget about the bench minors he took last season and the season finale where Rooney threw him out of the game? He always mouths off at the refs when needed.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#274 rbochan

rbochan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

Leino's SO goal caused the Chilean earthquake. I'm convinced of this.

...Rob
The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.

#275 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,449 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

The Devils inability to score on mediocre goalies is frustrating as hell!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#276 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

The Devils inability to score on mediocre goalies is frustrating as hell!!

But that is nothing new. For years we'd get shut out and stone walled by guys like Rick Tabaracci and Steve Shields.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#277 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,017 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Is what it is. Been pretty calm about the whole thing. 3 out of 4 years missing the playoffs and you kind of get used to playoff hockey without the Devils. 

It was kind of funny yesterday watching the shootout. It was actually exciting. The Devils were scoring. Schneider made some saves. They had a chance to win it again and again. It was a season ending loss, but it was a welcome loss after how pathetically they have lost so many of them.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#278 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Yeah, like DR33, I'm not really bitter about the way the whole season has gone down.  The only frustrating part is if we were even 5-6 in shootouts and started Schneider 60 games, we'd likely be somewhere between 88-90 points, which is obviously comfortably in the playoffs.

#279 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Is what it is. Been pretty calm about the whole thing. 3 out of 4 years missing the playoffs and you kind of get used to playoff hockey without the Devils. 

It was kind of funny yesterday watching the shootout. It was actually exciting. The Devils were scoring. Schneider made some saves. They had a chance to win it again and again. It was a season ending loss, but it was a welcome loss after how pathetically they have lost so many of them.

I don't think this one was the killer, but the next regulation loss will be for sure (at least I think it will be). 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#280 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

I don't think this one was the killer, but the next regulation loss will be for sure (at least I think it will be).

We've had 5 or 6 what feel like season ending losses but everyone else kept losing too so it kept us alive so long. I think losing two points to the islanders and sabres over 3 games was the last straw though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users