309 replies to this topic

#61 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

Predictably making this no-name fvcking pad-monster look like Ken Dryden.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#62 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

1-0 NJ after 40. 

Get some insurance goals, Devils, damn.

Edited by JSR, 01 April 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#63 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Devils aren't playing down to their opponent tonight.  They're dominating.  Sucks we only have one goal though.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#64 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

One of the worst games I have ever seen
So damn boring

#65 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Nice little segment on Greene here.

Crazy thought, and this is all hypothetical:

IF he continues to play at his current level, IF he re-signs here long-term (I have a feeling Lou is going to keep him), and IF he reaches around 1000 games played with the franchise (and helps his team to a Cup win), is he one of those guys who would get his number retired in the Ken Daneyko, great-team blue-collar guy who played here seemingly forever?  If he stays healthy, he'll hit the 500 GP mark next season.  Obviously a long way to go to 1000 GP...but that'd be a hell of a achievement for a guy like Andy.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#66 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,097 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Dammit.  Of course.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#67 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,808 posts

god fvcking dammit. jagr played with the puck too long, refused to put it on net. then couldn't hustle back

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#68 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Well, you knew they weren't gonna shut 'em out.

#69 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Awesome. Just stupendous.

#70 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Christ Cory that looked like he didn't even push off there. Never seen a goalie that late getting over

#71 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

god dammit, the inevitable.  too much puck dribbling of course in the offensive zone.  lets go boys. show some desperation, this team is horrible we need to get back on top

LGD!!! for christ sake

Cory did look pretty slow there

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#72 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Don't feel like playing defense anymore, guys?  Come on!

#73 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,808 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

now the obligatory penalty on NJ after they spent 3 minutes in their own end like chickens with their heads cut off

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#74 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Chico is extra annoying tonight. Just like the fvcking team itself.

If I didn't know, I'd think Buffalo was the team fighting for a playoff spot.

#75 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Make it 2-1 Buffalo.

#76 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

No good Corey. No good.

#77 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,097 posts

Same old clowns.

#30 FOREVER!

#78 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,808 posts

THAT'S A fvckING PENALTY SHOT WHAT IN THE fvck WAS THAT?

#79 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Nice little segment on Greene here.

Crazy thought, and this is all hypothetical:

IF he continues to play at his current level, IF he re-signs here long-term (I have a feeling Lou is going to keep him), and IF he reaches around 1000 games played with the franchise (and helps his team to a Cup win), is he one of those guys who would get his number retired in the Ken Daneyko, great-team blue-collar guy who played here seemingly forever? If he stays healthy, he'll hit the 500 GP mark next season. Obviously a long way to go to 1000 GP...but that'd be a hell of a achievement for a guy like Andy.

I once joked to my buddy after seeing a guy with an Andy Greene jersey that it's more likely this guys name was Greene and he had a personalized jersey made than him actually buying an Andy Greene sweater. I'm eating crow now. Good job by Greene proving us naysayers wrong.

#80 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

fvck THIS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users