GDT-Caps @ Devils-7PM

Renato Rodrigues

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Devils!

I've given up on the season, so the rest of these games are all just gravy.  Going to try and appreciate it for what it is, and enjoy Jagr while we still have him.

This is so much easier when you remove the emotional investment in the team.

Disclaimer:  I'll probably still be pissed if they lose.

Please no #30

Schneids in goal (schneids is my nickname for him lol)

Go Devils!

I've given up on the season, so the rest of these games are all just gravy.  Going to try and appreciate it for what it is, and enjoy Jagr while we still have him.

This is so much easier when you remove the emotional investment in the team.

Disclaimer:  I'll probably still be pissed if they lose.

Me too I would be pissed too but who knows.... if we just enjoy these games, maybe they can pull something out of a bag of tricks but not expecting it

I can't remember who but someone in the media said Lou and Jags were talking extension. Might have been in espn.com

It was ESPN saying Jagr's manager mentioned that he'd met with Lou earlier this week to talk an extension (but a deal wouldn't be announced until after the season).

Go figure.  Lou's departure from talking "in-season" about extensions starts with a 42 year old RW.  For Jagr to extend, it means that HE wants to be the man in NJ.  This means we will most likely not get any top players because it will affect Jagr.

Go figure.  Lou's departure from talking "in-season" about extensions starts with a 42 year old RW.  For Jagr to extend, it means that HE wants to be the man in NJ.  This means we will most likely not get any top players because it will affect Jagr.

Not really sure I understand this.  Where are you reading/hearing that Jagr wants to be the star of the team and would preclude us from signing other top talent?  Maybe that was true earlier in his career, but at 42 I'm pretty sure he's accepted the fact that, while still a good player, he's no longer going to be the star of any team, including us (despite the fact that he's leading us in points).

He departed from it when he talked to Brodeur and Stevens, and signed Zajac at the beginning of last season. Also, where's the "no top players" thing coming from? The guy isn't breaking the bank with his current contract.

this is the season! please win! 

Ill be at the game tonight but I couldn't care much about it. My mind has already shifted to my leaving tomorrow to head to New Orleans for WrestleMania 30. Hopefully that won't be an utter disappointment.

awesome! i'm goin there in a couple weeks. let me know how the food is! oh and have fun buddy!