116 replies to this topic

#81 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Wow- hell of a gutty effort to pull that one out 3 forwards short.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#82 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Wow- hell of a gutty effort to pull that one out 3 forwards short.

You are selling them short a bit.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#83 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Without Henrique and Elias definitely puts a damper on things.  I think Boucher should get called up.  

BTW, Halak should have stopped that shot.  I was completely stunned that shot went in the net.

The Devils also have 9 of a possible 12 points in their last 6 games which means they are taking advantage of their light schedule. Philly has only one win in 6 games which means their tough schedule is starting to catch up to them.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#84 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,567 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, losing to the Islanders (who to their credit are winning some games lately) and the Sabres in the SO is really taking advantage of a "light schedule". 

Let's see what they do in the next four "light" games before making any declarations.

And the Flyers had gone 12-3-0 in the 15 games (beating some tough teams in that time) before this 1-3-2 slump.  Think maybe it's simply that they were due for a little valley? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 04 April 2014 - 09:11 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#85 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, losing to the Islanders (who to their credit are winning some games lately) and the Sabres in the SO is really taking advantage of a "light schedule". 

Let's see what they do in the next four "light" games before making any declarations.

Oh the team has given up. From my vantage point, it looked like forwards were quitting one by one tonight.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#86 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

You are selling them short a bit.

How so? I'm in total agreement with you DR, guttiest win of the season. Especially after the sh!tbag first period.

#87 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

How so? I'm in total agreement with you DR, guttiest win of the season. Especially after the sh!tbag first period.

Oh..I know. I could have worded it better. I'm saying you are selling them short because I'd consider that they were down 4 forwards from a normal game. 11 forwards dressed and losing Elias, Henrique and Josefson.

#88 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,567 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:17 PM

Oh the team has given up. From my vantage point, it looked like forwards were quitting one by one tonight.

Not sure what you mean by this.  I wasn't criticizing the Devils at all. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#89 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Not sure what you mean by this.  I wasn't criticizing the Devils at all. 

I guess I need to use emoticons. Was just enjoying people saying that the team had quit at the start of the game, and then you have players, one by one, leave the game after that. Obviously, injury related.

#90 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,567 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Didn't see this one...any updates on the injuries?

#30 FOREVER!

#91 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Didn't see this one...any updates on the injuries?

No updates tonight. Elias has looked so awful over the last few games that I was kind of hoping something was bugging him.

Really scared about the reinforcements for tomorrow, btw. Good chance it could be Sestito and Gionta.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 April 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#92 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,509 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

I guess I need to use emoticons. Was just enjoying people saying that the team had quit at the start of the game, and then you have players, one by one, leave the game after that. Obviously, injury related.

It was hilarious they showed more resiliency when they were down to half a team than they have for most of the last month.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#93 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Devils are 1-0-0 in games where I get interviewed on the jumbotron. Clearly not just a coincidence.

Big win tonight. I'm still amazed they pulled it out when they were essentially running two lines out there late. Just a gutty effort all around.

believe-devs.jpg

#94 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

I've been to 8 games this season, and the Devils haven't lost in regulation in any of the games I've been to. I'm amazed by that given what a lousy season its been lol.

#95 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

I've been to 8 games this season, and the Devils haven't lost in regulation in any of the games I've been to. I'm amazed by that given what a lousy season its been lol.

8 shootout losses?

#96 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

Henrique got injured too? jeez. Elias-Clowe-Henrique...seemed to all crash down at once

spectacular save at the end there by Schneider. He was great all game. Saw plenty of unstoppable shots and...well, stopped them.

Edited by '7', 04 April 2014 - 10:50 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#97 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

8 shootout losses?

Lmfao, well played. :P

The only games they've lost that I've been to were the home opener (which was one of the 856 shoot-out losses this year) and against Philly in OT. They've won all 6 of the other games I went to.

#98 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

TG is saying Elias (possible head injury) Henrique (groin) and Josefson (foot/ankle)

Elias’ equipment remained in the game locker room after the game, so that seemed to indicate he was not going to accompany the team to Carolina for Saturday night’s game. Henrique’s and Josefson’s lockers were empty. - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.l8rWo15C.dpuf

fingers crossed it looks like Josefson/Henrique not serious but Elias might have gotten Clowe'd

Edited by '7', 04 April 2014 - 10:59 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#99 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:29 AM

To this point Cory has faced over 100 more shots than Brodeur and let up 7 less goals. That could be 1-3 more wins if he had more starts this season.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#100 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

Not picking stuff isn't going to get us anywhere, we'd be in the playoffs easily if we could have won the shootouts.

To this point Cory has faced over 100 more shots than Brodeur and let up 7 less goals. That could be 1-3 more wins if he had more starts this season.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 05 April 2014 - 12:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users