156 replies to this topic

#81 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

But guyz!  The easy schedule wasn't gonna help us!11111!11!!1!!!!!111!  4-0-3 in our last 7.  11 points out of a possible 14.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#82 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,950 posts

Thank you!

fvck this garbage candycane southern tarzan sound effect franchise. Not even the refs ignoring 2 full period of hooks and holds could help them tonight

:thumbsup:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#83 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Thank you!

fvck this garbage candycane southern tarzan sound effect franchise. Not even the refs ignoring 2 full period of hooks and holds could help them tonight

I hate those fvckers too. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#84 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

11 of our last 14 points. Haven't lost in regulation in 7 games. Where the hell did that sneak up on us from?

But guyz!  The easy schedule wasn't gonna help us!11111!11!!1!!!!!111!  4-0-3 in our last 7.  11 points out of a possible 14.

OH stfu. You don't understand the first thing about this game.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#85 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

imagine we won 2 shootouts?!

#86 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Good but still not out of the woods

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#87 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

zubie zubie zoo

Posted Image

#88 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

We'd be in the playoffs with a 2-9 record in the shootout, lol.

We'd be comfortably in if we were .500 (well, close to it, 11's an odd number).

#89 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Wow, Cory didn't even get one of the stars of the game. Zubrus - Skinner - Volchenkov.

#90 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

Alright, Devils!

Zajac!

My bad- Zids!

Nope, you had it right the first time, LOL.

#91 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

The Devils have played 120 straight minutes of solid hockey. I cannot remember the last time that happened. Perhaps not even the 2 straight shutouts earlier on in the season.

#92 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,944 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

What an effort again. So many good performances tonight. I said with 10 minutes left to myself that if the Devils lost this game somehow, I'd feel disappointed for them not because of them. Just a really great effort.

Deboer was asking for trouble with the forwards he chose with 1 minute and 40 seconds left, but maybe the luck has swung to the Devils side. An EN goal from Dainius Zubrus. I thought it was very obvious that Gionta was having trouble skating (groin?). They really could have used a healthy Gio tonight, but if he can't move at all, there is no point in playing him. Yet he was out there late in the game.

I think it be very hard for Lou to fire Deboer after this weekend's games. Onus is on him to get this team some scoring help.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#93 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

The schedule hasn't helped us, Cory has :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#94 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,820 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Top to bottom I can't think of a Devil who had a bad game. fvcking Sestito was good. Sislo provided some grinding energy play. Maybe Ryder again who aside from the post (which wouldn't have counted anyway since Skinner just scored) was pretty much invisible

Ryder kind of looks to me what Ilya Kovalchuk would look like at 38. Big, takes a while to work up any speed but slow in general...tons of giveaways, heavy shot, no backcheck.

CORY SCHNEIDER!!! Love what I saw out of him today. Saw tons of unstoppable shots. Deflections, point blank attempts.

He STOPPED THEM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#95 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,820 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

The schedule hasn't helped us, Cory has :P

And a plucky Calgary team on Monday. I really loathed the compacted Olympic year sched (and yes everybody else deals with it too)  but god damn they need 2 days off.

Edited by '7', 05 April 2014 - 08:45 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#96 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Alright, Devils!

Nope, you had it right the first time, LOL.

Haha yeah I was- I was just going to post something about that lol.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#97 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Leafs lost!

Edited by devlman, 05 April 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#98 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

And a plucky Calgary team on Monday. I really loathed the compacted Olympic year sched (and yes everybody else deals with it too)  but god damn they need 2 days off.

At least the game's at home though...and the crowd's going to be PUMPED judging by the reaction at the end of the game Friday followed by today's events.  Although Columbus winning tomorrow would take a little edge off - if they ever lost though (and the Isles have been playing well)....

#99 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,820 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

We'd be in the playoffs with a 2-9 record in the shootout, lol.

We'd be comfortably in if we were .500 (well, close to it, 11's an odd number).

It sort of goes both way though. Remember that game we tied up late in Anaheim and won after being badly outplayed? Remember beating the kings in ot 3 on 3 after LA outshot us 3,435 to 4 and spending 59 minutes in our end?

You could flip things one way and have the Devils at 91 points. Flip things another way and we have 77 points

#100 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

At least the game's at home though...and the crowd's going to be PUMPED judging by the reaction at the end of the game Friday followed by today's events. Although Columbus winning tomorrow would take a little edge off - if they ever lost though (and the Isles have been playing well)....

Oh man, if Columbus loses tomorrow our crowd will be jacked Monday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users