230 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

As TG stated earlier on Twitter, a Devils loss tonight and it's possible they could get mathematically eliminated even before they take the ice on Thursday vs. Ottawa.

MUST win.

They're ALL must-wins the rest of the way.  If the Devils are very lucky, they might get away with dropping one of the eight remaining points available, but it seems doubtful. 

One nice bonus, for whatever it's worth:  Columbus' next two games are tough:  vs. Phoenix and @Dallas.  Not going to say Columbus can't win both games, but at least they're facing teams fighting for a playoff spot.  Those teams should, at the very least, show up and play hard. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 April 2014 - 01:10 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

LGD, cut it back down to 1, guys.

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:13 PM

Calling it now:  Devils win in OT shootout.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Look for me on the big screen tonight.. I'll be embarrassing myself during the Hat Trick Challenge.. FML
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Look for me on the big screen tonight.. I'll be embarrassing myself during the Hat Trick Challenge.. FML

Don't take any advice from this guy

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Let's go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#27 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

sh!t Im actually kinda nervous

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#28 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

jeez that's like the 9000th errant unlucky high stick we've gotten in the past 4 games.

Wind kind of came out of my sails yesterday when the Isles lost (not that I expected them to win) but the task seems especially impossible now...not really that into this game

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#29 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Great PK, Devils!

#30 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

Did pete just call a timeout at a good.time? Small miracles.do happen

#31 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

not liking that call on zajac. cammaleri was between travis and the puck. Travis needed to knock him down to get to the puck!

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#32 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

What is this, basketball? Was that LeBron flopping out there?

#33 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,992 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

well carters not arguing this one. prob never touched his stick. pretty clear kick

#34 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Gotta give Brunner credit I guess.. He's the only forward who tries to be a little fancy at least

It touches the goalie, no? That should be a goal?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#35 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

kicked, yes, but it went in off the goalie, not directly in off Carter's foot. They won't give it to him, but it's a goal. Sorry ref, Toronto. If he had kicked it directly in, I'd believe the ref, but this is a pretty poor call

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#36 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

It definitely went off his other shin pad after he kicked it.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#37 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

kicked, yes, but it went in off the goalie, not directly in off Carter's foot. They won't give it to him, but it's a goal. Sorry ref, Toronto. If he had kicked it directly in, I'd believe the ref, but this is a pretty poor call

Exactly. If you kick it into the goalie, it hits him and goes in.. That's a goal, isn't it?

It didn't go directly in off his kick.. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rule.

believe-ll.jpg

#38 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

It doesnt matter if it goes in off the goalie, the initial "shot" was a kick without hitting the stick of Carter.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#39 bodnar41

bodnar41

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

Yeah I though if you kick it straight in...no goal. HOWEVER if you kick the puck and the puck hits ANYTHING else prior to going into the net (I.e. stick, goalie, etc) it would then count

#40 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Exactly. If you kick it into the goalie, it hits him and goes in.. That's a goal, isn't it?

It didn't go directly in off his kick.. Unless I'm misunderstanding the rule.

No, if you kick it and it only touches the opposing team's goalie and then goes in its not a goal. This is confirmed rule and its in the rule-book.

What I wasn't sure about is if you kick it off of yourself (not your stick). I thought that might count.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users