230 replies to this topic

#161 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

I want everyone who has blamed Marty for us not making the playoffs to think about this game.

No, what we think about is his league worst save percentage and all the leads he's gagged up for us and the late goals he's allowed

Brodeurs goal support is way higher than Schneiders

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#162 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

Honestly, I would rather get rid of them than not. I just have no use for paying players millions to do sh!t. 

Ryder clearly has the better chance to bounce back, but one goal in 33 games for a guy who is SUPPOSED to score is too much for me.  Understood the signing and it was worth the risk, but I don't want him back.  Only has a year left at reasonable $$$ and someone will take a chance on him hoping he's a bargain. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#163 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

I really don't think this game will matter anyway since Columbus will take care of its own business.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#164 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Get rid of Ryder and replace him with a jockstrap and that'll be a big upgrade.

#165 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

This is where I am right now. It's not such a good place.

2.74 per day but close. And lol at me being YOUR fan - you check my profile almost everyday.

Good job trying to sell your length of membership (because we all know you love a caste system) and divide the posts up without mentioning your post-a-thons over the last few months where you average 20-23 posts per day. You're in like every thread on this board, yet you took post count shots at MB. You're another one who likes to dish it out but can't take it back. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 07 April 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#166 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Yeah- I fvckin loathe Ryder.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#167 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Stereo, you've completely missed his point. Perhaps you shouldn't hit that quote button if you want to make a different point than what's been said.

#168 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Did jagr just say he's gona retire pretty soon?

#169 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

No, what we think about is his league worst save percentage and all the leads he's gagged up for us and the late goals he's allowed

Brodeurs goal support is way higher than Schneiders

I don't deny this. Doesn't contradict my point.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#170 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

...being a Devil can start to make you think none of it was worth it.

Ryder clearly has the better chance to bounce back, but one goal in 33 games for a guy who is SUPPOSED to score is too much for me.  Understood the signing and it was worth the risk, but I don't want him back.  Only has a year left at reasonable $$$ and someone will take a chance on him hoping he's a bargain. 

Ryder doesn't add anything that a Reid Boucher won't add but one is a fraction the cost and is young. It doesn't have to be Reid Boucher either, it can be any young forward around the league who can score 15 goals a year, not suck, and do it for $1,000,000.

Brunner shows up once a month. He's bound to be back in Switzerland soon.

Edited by Neb00rs, 07 April 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#171 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

I think he just meant soon enough that he probably won't see another game like that from Karri Ramo. I believe he was inferring that could be a while LOL.

Edited by 95Crash, 07 April 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#172 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

My bandwagon will be whoever happens to be playing the Rangers... Which is going to be the Phailures in the first round. Which sums up this whole dumpster fire of a season in a nutshell.

Fair enough :lol:  And yeah, really.  The bolded is so true.. this season just needs to be over and forgotten about already.

I'm honestly not even worried about the Rangers, I feel like they'll roll over to anyone but the Flyers.  But who knows..fvck it'd suck to see them go on a run.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 07 April 2014 - 09:19 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#173 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hate all the "players didn't try hard enough" stuff. The team isn't the greatest to begin with and are short 3 top guys. We get a bounce going our way and it's "damn I'm so fvcking proud of this team!!!!!!!!!!" The effort is there, it has been all along. This is a team of mules that needs a stallion or two. 

#174 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Lol crying for mods now.

Was i disrespectful with my first post to you? Not alt all. Then you call me a moron then i reply back to you and you cry about it? Grow some balls

What you posted was moronic in nature...you jumped to an unfounded conclusion, that I was saying to dump Ryder and Brunner and not try to find upgrades.  It's very simple...Ryder and Brunner shouldn't really be considered scorers if this team wants to improve offensively. 

At any rate, your response was ridiculous and way over the top, but you only made yourself look bad in doing it. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#175 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Hate all the "players didn't try hard enough" stuff. The team isn't the greatest to begin with and are short 3 top guys. We get a bounce going our way and it's "damn I'm so fvcking proud of this team!!!!!!!!!!" The effort is there, it has been all along. This is a team of mules that needs a stallion or two. 

They've had some poor-effort games here and there (all teams will, especially in compressed seasons), but there's actually reasons for hope for next year...the overall goaltending should improve, for one.  And like I've pointed out, there's flexibility with this roster.  Lou can make plenty of changes if he wants to.

#30 FOREVER!

#176 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Hate all the "players didn't try hard enough" stuff. 

I don't really see anyone saying this tonight. People are just pissed the Devils couldn't score, not that they didn't work hard enough to.

#177 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

I think he just meant soon enough that he probably won't see another game like that from Karri Ramo. I believe he was inferring that could be a while LOL.

Hes been here all year long and still doesnt know that we ALWAYS make backups look like Glenn Hall.

#178 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

I hope one of you stat guys can make a post sometime about how many rookie/backup/washed up goaltenders the Devils have lost to this season.  It seems like it would be a depressing number.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#179 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Yeah (except for the Ryders and the Brunners). This is all on Lou, who needs to step down already.

They've had some poor-effort games here and there (all teams will, especially in compressed seasons), but there's actually reasons for hope for next year...the overall goaltending should improve, for one.  And like I've pointed out, there's flexibility with this roster.  Lou can make plenty of changes if he wants to.

Plus fewer back to backs next season for sure

#180 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Our last succesful season we had a 40 goals scorer, 2 30 goals scorer, a few 20+ scorers and then we had our regulars in the 5-10 range.

We lost kovy, zach, clarkson, sykora (very cheap 20+ goals production)

Replaced it by jagr, brunner, clowe, ryder, butler, matteau and god knows who else. Which was clearly not enough to compensate. Only jagr actually helped.
We have no scoring outside of maybe boucher coming from our system. We have aging scorers that should leave soon and their production is dropping anyway.

We can try to sign a few free agents but again, anyone that we sign should be added to the mix, not replacing or be a small upgrade to another guy leaving. That still wont be enough

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users