iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Not sure the massive collapse of the Canucks is entirely his fault, but wow.  Hard to believe that franchise was in the SCF a few years ago.  What a mess.

Also, fvck you Sedin twins for sinking my fantasy team this year.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#3 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

welp, thanks for the goalie, Mike

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#4 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Hard to believe that franchise was in the SCF a few years ago. What a mess.

Are you talking about the Devils?:ph34r:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

#5 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

The return he got on Luongo and Schneider has to be a contributing factor. I'm too lazy to look at the exact return, but they went from having arguably two elite goalies to having none and not much else to show for it.

Posted Image

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Are you talking about the Devils?:ph34r:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

:lol: touche. Yikes that's a little scary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#7 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

The Canucks have been a dumpster fire ever since Game 7 Boston (and the subsequent riot/dumpster fires).  They not only were favorites to beat the Bruins that year but also had the extra burden to be Canada's (re-CBC's) best hope for a cup and thus extra scrutiny.  That franchise completely imploded after it was exposed as being gutless by the Bruins in that series.

#8 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

When you have the kind of 2nd half goal-scoring collapse the Canucks had, someone needs to go.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#9 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Trevor Linden taking over. What a joke the NHL has become when it comes to hiring for management positions. Maybe there is a lack of really good young candidates in NHL offices to be promoted, but GM positions have been nothing but PR moves for angry fanbases.

It used to old retreads, but now it is insert former star in that NHL city. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 09 April 2014 - 01:02 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Trevor Linden taking over. What a joke the NHL has become when it comes to hiring for management positions. Maybe there is a lack of really good young candidates in NHL offices to be promoted, but GM positions have been nothing but PR moves for angry franchises.

It used to old retreads, but now it is insert former star in that NHL city.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Marty as the Devils' GM within 5-10 years.

#11 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

Followed shortly by "Brodeur trades Schneider; announces comeback".

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Posted ImageDown Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown · Apr 8

Followed shortly by "Brodeur trades Schneider; announces comeback".

Lmfao.

#13 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

I seriously doubt it, unless the team really hits rock bottom and ownership is desperate to drum up a buzz.  And it doesn't even have much to do with how good or bad at it he might be.  The guy is so popular with the fan base that he won't be easy to cut bait on if he proves to be a disaster, which is a distinct possibility. 

I see his future as a commentator. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#14 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

A lot of Nashville media are speculating Trotz could get canned. I think the Devils should keep Deboer, but if they don't, they could do worse than Trotz

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

I seriously doubt it, unless the team really hits rock bottom and ownership is desperate to drum up a buzz.  And it doesn't even have much to do with how good or bad at it he might be.  The guy is so popular with the fan base that he won't be easy to cut bait on if he proves to be a disaster, which is a distinct possibility. 

I see his future as a commentator. 

If the Devils tank...Lou steps down...the season ticket base crashes...the hiring of Brodeur is such an obvious PR play. This franchise would need it just as much as the Stars or Avalanche did.

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

If the Devils tank...Lou steps down...the season ticket base crashes...the hiring of Brodeur is such an obvious PR play. This franchise would need it just as much as the Stars or Avalanche did.

What makes Broduer as GM to be even smaller of a possibility is that the new owners are private equity people that made their fortunes on quantitative methods.  Not a surprise that the Devils start looking for an analytics person shortly after they took over.  I can't imagine that they would select someone with no experience as a GM who is probably less familiar with analytics than I am based on name recognition alone. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#17 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

With Vanderbeek gone, Lou is pretty much gonna die in his office.  Our owners now don't know the difference between a wristshot and a wristwatch.  Who the hell would they bring in?  Lou totally has them fleeced and they'll never fire him.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Marty take his place down the line though, based on the comments he's made in the past, as well as his close relationship with Lou.  The only other possibility is Chris, God forbid. 

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#18 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

With Vanderbeek gone, Lou is pretty much gonna die in his office.  Our owners now don't know the difference between a wristshot and a wristwatch.  Who the hell would they bring in?  Lou totally has them fleeced and they'll never fire him.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Marty take his place down the line though, based on the comments he's made in the past, as well as his close relationship with Lou.  The only other possibility is Chris, God forbid. 

1. Lou will probably give advice and suggestions on his replacement, if not pick himself.

2. Should Lou disappear and they need guidance, Gary Bettman probably steps in and gives advice.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#19 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,272 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

What makes Broduer as GM to be even smaller of a possibility is that the new owners are private equity people that made their fortunes on quantitative methods.  Not a surprise that the Devils start looking for an analytics person shortly after they took over.  I can't imagine that they would select someone with no experience as a GM who is probably less familiar with analytics than I am based on name recognition alone. 

Not doubting that. It's just the backlash and pressure from the fanbase may force anyone to do anything desperate. It might stop them from firing Lou if that needs to be done. If the Devils missed the playoffs again next season, I think you could make a very easy case that any GM should be fired. If they did, it would be a PR nightmate, regardless if it was the right thing to do.

Alternatively, say Brodeur retires and Lou gives him a management position a year later. It's not out of the question that he is hired if they are still as enamored with Lou as they were when they first took over the team. I guess that depends if the team is trending upward.

Edited by devilsrule33, 09 April 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#20 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

If McPhee gets fired I think he is a strong candidate to come in as Lou's soon to be successor. He has connections to the area and the devils and I believe he and Lou have a good relationship.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users