23 replies to this topic

#21 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Hey Shanahan....come take over the Leafs, why not eh?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#22 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

If McPhee gets fired I think he is a strong candidate to come in as Lou's soon to be successor. He has connections to the area and the devils and I believe he and Lou have a good relationship.

oh god you're going to give me nightmares tonight. Please no. Just no.

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

McPhee? Why on earth would we want him, he's done absolute nothing right in Washington. Nothing at all. Their fans have been calling for his head for years now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

McPhee? Why on earth would we want him, he's done absolute nothing right in Washington. Nothing at all. Their fans have been calling for his head for years now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is dumb to say. He is the longest tenured GM in the league next to Lamoriello and Ruherford. McPhee has a Cup appearance, 8 division titles, a 121 point season and 8 40+ win seasons under his belt as GM. The Caps had at least a 2 (maybe 3) year window of opportunity to win a Cup under his watch. How many execs that have come and gone since 1997 would love to have that resume? Oh, and McPhee had to fire sale the organization and rebuild it in 2003-04. They've choked in the Playoffs (a Caps tradition), but he's not the one out there playing, either. The problem was he could never seem to get the team tough enough to balance the skill they had, so if one wants to blame him for that then so be it, but it's not the first or last time a GM doesn't/can't get the players he seeks/wants.

The Caps window has closed. They're now a middling team and it's his job from the looks of it. It would be an interesting hire, but the new owners are in love with Lamoriello. The only way Lamoriello is leaving will be on his own. McPhee has a good relationship with Lamoriello and i think he'd make a solid right hand man. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 09 April 2014 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users