120 replies to this topic

#21 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

just couldn't make it through the season without one more of these.

Is he SOLELY responsible for this? well no...but he's responsible enough to the point where he needs to shut his mouth

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

He's not wrong at all.  If Martin Brodeur can't say it then who?  People can be down on him which is fine but this team is horrible.  I think his shot here is at Lou not anyone else.  Marty's playing career is done but he still knows the game. Management needs to wake up!  Lou should have traded Marty at the deadline for a bag of pucks.  We haven't seen anything, yet...

Jagr can.  Schneider can.  Because these players are NJ's best players and without them they'd finish bottom 5 in the league.  Brodeur can't because he sucks now.  I'll just say it in words that the fanbase definitely understands:  he sucks.  He's no longer better than anyone.  When players play well they can criticize their teammates.  When they do not play well they should close their mouths, because the rest of the team is trying, they're just not that good.  1999-2000 Jason Arnott isn't walking through that door.  Scott Niedermayer isn't walking through that door.  Scott Stevens is walking through that door but only to tell Gelinas to hit more or something.  It isn't a good team, but Brodeur isn't helping.  In fact, he's hurting - he hurts the team every time he steps on the ice to play.

Edited by Triumph, 09 April 2014 - 06:24 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

He's not wrong at all.  If Martin Brodeur can't say it then who?  People can be down on him which is fine but this team is horrible.  I think his shot here is at Lou not anyone else.  Marty's playing career is done but he still knows the game. Management needs to wake up!  Lou should have traded Marty at the deadline for a bag of pucks.  We haven't seen anything, yet...

It's all about the phrasing.  He's pointing fingers.  He's been part of the problem the past two years, and for him to pretend otherwise is frustrating.

If he's speaking from a management perspective, he should give Pete kudos for sitting his ass when the games really mattered.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

Well if Schneider plays the rest of the games this season he might be able to catch-up to Marty's 18 wins this year.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Still have time to waive him. His comments are a shot at everyone in the organization, not just from this year, but for the last several years. They are beyond unacceptable. A bitter Marty just wants to take the ball home with him when he leaves, he better just hope one of his kids doesn't fire it past his mediocre blocker.

#26 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Please keep talking. Say worse sh!t. Run over Lou's dog. Anything to ensure that you don't return unless it's for your jersey retirement ceremony.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,437 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Well if Schneider plays the rest of the games this season he might be able to catch-up to Marty's 18 wins this year.

And?  Schnieder's GAA is 2 on the season, the lowest GAA of anyone who's played more than 30 games.  Look at the guys immediately above and below Cory in GAA and tell me what you notice about their W-L records...hint, EVERY DARN ONE of them has a winning record except for Cory.  Not allowing goals is supposed to give you a better chance to win, and it does for just about every team in the league except ours.

http://www.nhl.com/i...sAgainstAverage

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Marty is right this time. The bar needs to be raised again.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#29 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Jagr can.  Schneider can.  Because these players are NJ's best players and without them they'd finish bottom 5 in the league.  Brodeur can't because he sucks now.  I'll just say it in words that the fanbase definitely understands:  he sucks.  He's no longer better than anyone.  When players play well they can criticize their teammates.  When they do not play well they should close their mouths, because the rest of the team is trying, they're just not that good.  1999-2000 Jason Arnott isn't walking through that door.  Scott Niedermayer isn't walking through that door.  Scott Stevens is walking through that door but only to tell Gelinas to hit more or something.  It isn't a good team, but Brodeur isn't helping.  In fact, he's hurting - he hurts the team every time he steps on the ice to play.

Easy Pitino

#30 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

He has a point, to an extent. Old Devils teams didn't always have the best rosters, but the culture of winning was just there, and great roster or not, this team expected to compete for the division every year. And for the most part, they did. However, I think we got just about every point as we could from this group. I think Pete has done a great job with the tools he was given.

Also, like many of you have said, for Brodeur to pout about the team being mediocre is asinine. At least the rest of the group managed mediocrity.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#31 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

:e-drama:

#32 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

i think it comes down to there just being a real lack of talent.. you can only do so much with what you have
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#33 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

Please keep talking. Say worse sh!t. Run over Lou's dog. Anything to ensure that you don't return unless it's for your jersey retirement ceremony.

This.

#34 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I never thought I'd dislike Marty... man, does he need to shut up

#35 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

We get it, you are loyal to some players and its your opinion. Just like your hate on the Kovy and Jagr signings. But this is one of the most asinine comments I've seen, even for you it's an f'd up comment. Are you that delusional like Brodeur? Put the team first!

Marty fanboys just don't get it.

Edited by Zubie#8, 09 April 2014 - 09:45 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,765 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

He has a point, to an extent. Old Devils teams didn't always have the best rosters, but the culture of winning was just there, and great roster or not, this team expected to compete for the division every year. And for the most part, they did. However, I think we got just about every point as we could from this group. I think Pete has done a great job with the tools he was given.

Also, like many of you have said, for Brodeur to pout about the team being mediocre is asinine. At least the rest of the group managed mediocrity.

Please tell me one Devils team that had a 'culture of winning' and got into the playoffs with a worse roster with this one.  Here, I'll give you two, maybe:  06-07 and 07-08.  The difference in those years is that they didn't have a relic old goalie who had to play half the games - in fact they had an elite goalie playing at the height of his powers and they rode him - and they won shootouts.  That's it.  That's the difference.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

I wrote a lot, but you said it in a lot simpler terms. Although, I wouldn't like it if Schneider or Jagr said it because I really don't think it is true. It's a pretty damning comment. and there has to be some real truth to it, if the best player on a team is going to say it. He is close with Lamoriello so unless that relationship soured very recently, why would he say this? He knows how hard Lou wanted to keep Parise. He knows Kovy shocked the world and left after free agency begun (I think when free agency started, Lou knew Kovy was ready to leave, though). I see a comment like that being said if a player is so disgusted with his situation and wants to let his owner know that a GM or coach needs to be fired. If John Tavares wants to say it, or Ryan Miller in the past, that's fair game.

I don't even understand why he brought up 2012, and not being a top seed. Again, does he remember he went into to June with a GAA way over 3 and a save percentage around .860. That had a lot to do with the team being behind from the start. In the end, they went to the fvcking Stanley Cup Finals, so who give a sh!t what seed they got into the playoffs with. The 97,98,99,07, 09, and 10 teams as well as the 95,00 and 12 teams show in different ways that getting in is all that mattered.

Did the 2012 Cup team accept being mediocre?

All these comments are some sour grapes from a goalie that isn't starting for a playoff team. He couldn't get games own the final stretch, and he saw the team from the bench. Easy to say the comments now when his Devils career is almost over. So sorry the Devils wasted your last few seasons...or was it other way around?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#38 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ugh he's a living legend and a huge reason why the devils developed a winning mentalty over my lifetime but holy crap I hope he's gone next season.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#39 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

I wish Marty would bone Lou's wife or something.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#40 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:57 AM

I mean the quote was okay. I didn't like his last little bit and he's I'd rather he just shut up but he didn't say ANYTHING bout the Devils "accepting mediocrity." Sensational headline.

Edited by Neb00rs, 10 April 2014 - 03:58 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users