31 replies to this topic

#1 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

The Blue Jackets or the Red Wings shouldn't be in our conference especially with there be 16 in the east while 14 in the West. All because the Red Wings were cry baby bitches claiming they were promised to be move to the east in the next realignment. fvck you Detroit.

#2 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

:shrugs: maybe it's time to stop pointing the finger at the leagues "stupid" reassignment and "stupid" shootout and "stupid" system and realize that a team that loses to the Islanders, Sabres, and Flames in the final month of the season in do-or-die games does not deserve to compete for the Stanley Cup?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#3 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

well doesn't mean we make it if they're NOT there (they weren't last year and we missed too)

but yea it doesn't help. I don't want Detroit in our conference. Still, they didn't cause us to lose 11 straight shootouts or give up points by choking and collapsing late in games to Florida, handing points to Buffalo and the Isles 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

well doesn't mean we make it if they're NOT there (they weren't last year and we missed too)

but yea it doesn't help. I don't want Detroit in our conference. Still, they didn't cause us to lose 11 straight shootouts or give up points by choking and collapsing late in games to Florida, handing points to Buffalo and the Isles 

I know its not a predetermined outcome butterfly effect if one team isn't in the conference but still I've been against this realignment because I thought something like this was going to happen and it did in the first year. Add that to the shootout woes, the inability to score for Cory, the over play of Brodeur and his bitching about idk what amongst other things and it makes me want to break something

Either way I don't need more games against the western teams I don't give a crap about which thank God we have now in this playoff system

Edited by roomtemp, 09 April 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#5 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,215 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

The realignment may suck from a Devils standpoint but I understand why the league did it because of the travel and TV issues that affected a lot of the Western teams, especially DET and CBJ. I kind of view this whole thing as "makeshift" since I expect Seattle to come into the league soon and they'll figure out a way to get a 16/16 split when they add team 32. Overall the whole thing doesn't really bother me.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#6 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,610 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:00 AM

the re-alignment and ruining of the playoff scenarios has KILLED the last week of the season and now aside of Phoenix and Dallas there's NO race to be excited about....and THAT truly sucks.....I much like having MUST SEE games to end the regular season.....least they got Dallas and Phoenix right......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#7 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

the re-alignment and ruining of the playoff scenarios has KILLED the last week of the season and now aside of Phoenix and Dallas there's NO race to be excited about....and THAT truly sucks.....I much like having MUST SEE games to end the regular season.....least they got Dallas and Phoenix right......

I agree with this, it seems like previous seasons had more races for spots.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#8 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

The realignment sucks.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#9 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

:shrugs: maybe it's time to stop pointing the finger at the leagues "stupid" reassignment and "stupid" shootout and "stupid" system and realize that a team that loses to the Islanders, Sabres, and Flames in the final month of the season in do-or-die games does not deserve to compete for the Stanley Cup?

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Well you can blame that on the realignment mostly since the top eight are still making it from each conference.  Without realignment you'd have a great race between four cripples for the last two spots in the East and a ridiculous race out West with Detroit, Columbus, Dallas and Phoenix where three miss the playoffs.  I'm sure people would be complaining about that too, three teams out West that miss the playoffs being better than two that make it in the East.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

I agree with this, it seems like previous seasons had more races for spots.

It's one season.  There wasn't any last-day playoff races in 2011-12 either.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#12 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

It's one season. There wasn't any last-day playoff races in 2011-12 either.

true, but the new schedule and reducing down to four divisions in theory means less tight races, it gives the better teams more of an opportunity to separate themselves. No longer will Washington and Vancouver grow fat on easy schedules, lock up a top 3 spot and push all the other teams down and into a race

in some ways that's good, because the best teams have a better shot of making the playoffs, but that will probably come at the expense of quality late season races.

Edit-
Also there's little sense in doing hypotheticals because the results wouldn't be the same if the schedule was changed. If Detroit and Columbus were in the west and had to play st Louis Chicago and Colorado more they wouldn't have he same record.

Edited by dmann422, 10 April 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#13 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Realignment also took away from the playoff races by removing those epic divisional battles we'd normally be seeing this time of year. Instead, we have the rags in Calgary and Phoenix playing in nj. Inter-conference games are far less intense with both teams usually content for a point.

#14 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'd love to see the NHL go back to the playoff format pre-1982. Just my opinion, but i like that the best,

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

This alignment had to be done.  I don't think many East Coasters understood the problem the old alignment was.  We had the luxury to play in the most travel friendly division.  Bottom line is, there are 16 teams that play in the Eastern Timezone.  That's why there are 16 teams in the Eastern Conference.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

This alignment had to be done.  I don't think many East Coasters understood the problem the old alignment was.  We had the luxury to play in the most travel friendly division.  Bottom line is, there are 16 teams that play in the Eastern Timezone.  That's why there are 16 teams in the Eastern Conference.

Still think the Red Wings could have sucked it up until another at least another team comes into the West. Anyway I was frustrated last night and in a foul mood independently of the Devils being eliminated so this came out. I still hate the playoff format with top 3 and wild card seedings making the 1st round matchups weird and the 2nd round ones even stupider in case of upset.

#17 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

To be fair if we still had the same alignment we would be in the playoffs as it stands:

1)Bruins 114

2)Pens 107

3)Lightning 95

4)Habs 98

5)Rags 93

6)Flyers 91

7)Caps 85

8)Devils 84

9)Leafs 84

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,058 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

To be fair if we still had the same alignment we would be in the playoffs as it stands:

1)Bruins 114
2)Pens 107
3)Lightning 95
4)Habs 98
5)Rags 93
6)Flyers 91
7)Caps 85
8)Devils 84

9)Leafs 84

More salt in the wound. What did we ever do to the hockey gods?

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#19 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

I don't think the realignment sucks I think the new playoff format sucks. This new realignment with the old playoff format would be fine by me.

#20 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Still think the Red Wings could have sucked it up until another at least another team comes into the West. Anyway I was frustrated last night and in a foul mood independently of the Devils being eliminated so this came out. I still hate the playoff format with top 3 and wild card seedings making the 1st round matchups weird and the 2nd round ones even stupider in case of upset.

And a Red Wings fan who lives in the same timezone as us and has had to deal with all those 10 o'clock starts throughout the season for the last however many years would say the same thing to us. I dont really like the wildcard format yet, but I'm taking a wait and see attitude to see how the playoffs pan out.

We need to suck it up. If we made the playoffs this wouldnt even be a discussion today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users